Anybody want to get together Saturday ?

I'd still like to this summer. Going to be in Lake Powell this weekend though

I had the opportunity to play Victory Ranch today! Wow- This is my new all time favorite course I have played and easily the best in Utah.

Victory Ranch is a private course correct? Looks awesome from your picture and looking online it looks like it is private.

It's Friday the 9th. Going to play a city course (Glendale or Rose park) this afternoon if anybody wants to join me. 2ish. text 801-694-9015 dave

Hey everyone, Just wanted to see if anyone has any information on "The Buck Club" the latest update I have heard is that the location is known but Zach Blair is just looking for investors as the price being asked for the land is a bit overpriced. Also heard the original location was down south but the most recent land he is looking at is up North. I messaged him a few months ago and he did say it was in Northern Utah but didn't give me an exact location. I did just see on the website though that he has Morgan Utah as the location.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, take a look at the link for the details! Would definitely be cool to see this course built.

Keep us posted, have not heard anything about this. Not sure about putting another golf course in Morgan though. Love Round Valley, one of my favs, but I don't think there are a lot of people that play there as it is.

lanoxrehab;n8877443 said:
Keep us posted, have not heard anything about this. Not sure about putting another golf course in Morgan though. Love Round Valley, one of my favs, but I don't think there are a lot of people that play there as it is.

Round Valley is a fun little course. Everything that I have heard about The Buck Club is that it will be a private course which is hard to believe there are a lot of people wanting to pay the money to belong to a private course in Morgan Utah. I live about 20 minutes outside of Morgan and you couldn't get me to drive up there after work to play a round. Could be the reason he is having a difficult time finding investors.

maxw72;n8877030 said:
Hey everyone, Just wanted to see if anyone has any information on "The Buck Club" the latest update I have heard is that the location is known but Zach Blair is just looking for investors as the price being asked for the land is a bit overpriced. Also heard the original location was down south but the most recent land he is looking at is up North. I messaged him a few months ago and he did say it was in Northern Utah but didn't give me an exact location. I did just see on the website though that he has Morgan Utah as the location.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, take a look at the link for the details! Would definitely be cool to see this course built.

I'm not in Utah any longer, but I've been following Zac and the The Buck Club for a while. Would be awesome to see it built. I agree, I heard the location was somewhere near Morgan. Which is a little out of the way, but okay. He's got a plan drawn up, so it must correspond to land he has identified.

tbc-design.jpg

campilobaxter;n8877523 said:
I'm not in Utah any longer, but I've been following Zac and the The Buck Club for a while. Would be awesome to see it built. I agree, I heard the location was somewhere near Morgan. Which is a little out of the way, but okay. He's got a plan drawn up, so it must correspond to land he has identified.

Yes I have been following the course as well for a bit and I noticed yesterday that the website had been updated to say Morgan Utah on it. Also on a recent No Laying Up Podcast he had mentioned that the land was identified but they are just going through getting the price right for the land, which he believes is overpriced.

Last edited:
I've never heard of the buck club until now and it sounds awesome!

TYork;n8877543 said:
I've never heard of the buck club until now and it sounds awesome!

Zac sells TBC merchandise to help raise money for it. He commissions some pretty cool stuff, all of which is pretty limited and sells out quick. :(

https://the-buck-club.myshopify.com/

campilobaxter;n8877707 said:
Zac sells TBC merchandise to help raise money for it. He commissions some pretty cool stuff, all of which is pretty limited and sells out quick. :(

https://the-buck-club.myshopify.com/

I have way too much TBC stuff for a guy in VA. I love it.

Molten;n8878076 said:
I have way too much TBC stuff for a guy in VA. I love it.
I knew you were a cool guy.

campilobaxter;n8878120 said:
I knew you were a cool guy.

I only play one on TV. But I love them “slow players will be asked to leave the property” line. I have hats and headcovers.

Molten;n8878140 said:
I only play one on TV. But I love them �slow players will be asked to leave the property� line. I have hats and headcovers.
I snagged a slow players hat too. Hoping for a TBC logo that in white next time he does them.

I just bought some tees and a Seamus 3w cover

Like them both a lot

mikeg_74;n8878332 said:

Like them both a lot

You'll have to let us know about the Seamus cover. I've been looking into them for awhile now. Just have to get over the sticker shock for some of them.

maxw72;n8878632 said:
You'll have to let us know about the Seamus cover. I've been looking into them for awhile now. Just have to get over the sticker shock for some of them.

I’ve owned a few and the quality is top notch. Definitely worth the cost imo.

Here’s a few pics of the head cover I just got

cf7428b301cee9cdc901ca88e6429d7b.jpg

2bd298ca1af60e8cfe1142fdb0e4b15f.jpg

7f8d2ec09b85dbe1b11e6b3efc404c23.jpg

mikeg_74;n8878332 said:

Like them both a lot
Nice snag. Those ones went quick.

Has anyone here worked with any club fitters in the northern Utah, Salt Lake area? Looking to have some clubs fitted but I'm not sure what options we have here in Utah. I know we have a Club Champion in Salt Lake, Has anyone used them? Any other suggestions?

On another note, has anyone ever had indoor lessons during our winters? Suggestions?

Last edited:
Playing a City Course somewhere this coming Saturday if anybody wants to join me.

Hey Everyone, what wedges are you using here in Utah? I know a portion of wedge selection is what turf you are playing on. I feel like outside of Southern Utah we are all playing on pretty similar turf, so what wedges is everyone playing? I currently am using some hand-me-down SM6's which I'm looking at changing up as I feel like the bounce may not be what I need.

Low bounce SM6, an M grind and an L Grind. I'm more of a sweeper and this was what was recommended to me at a Titleist Thursday fitting a while back.

Back