Pete Dye Course - The Links at Perry Cabin

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
What a perfect course for a THP Event in the Northeast! With 2 great finishing holes, perfect for stadium theater, island green on #17 for contests, a lot of water, immaculate conditions, plus a place to stay.

https://www.linksatperrycabin.com/golf/

BTW .... what was Dye thinking when he designed this green?

Dye#3.jpg

Awesome Island green #17

Dye#4.jpg

What a great finishing hole! Perfect area for THP'ers to be standing around watching the final groups come in on a Sunday. So ... what do you think JB ?

Dye#6.jpg

North vs South - East Coast version? Sounds like a good idea to me! :banana:

Attachments

• Dye#1.jpg
    Dye#1.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Dye#2.jpg
    Dye#2.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Dye#5.jpg
    Dye#5.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
GolferGal;n8875432 said:
The images aren't showing up, they seem broken.

Weird ... I can see them on my end

If they continue to not show up, can you delete the entire post & I will try again?

golfinnut;n8875436 said:
If they continue to not show up, can you delete the entire post & I will try again?

Sure thing. Let's see if others can see them, it could be a hiccup with the new forum so I want to make sure we get it fixed if it is.

GolferGal;n8875439 said:
Sure thing. Let's see if others can see them, it could be a hiccup with the new forum so I want to make sure we get it fixed if it is.

I cannot see them

Can you see this one? It's just a sample cut out of the original post

DyeSample.jpg

GolferGal;n8875446 said:
Yes, I can see that.

Let me try editing the original post

I can see all the photos. That green is crazy!

GolferGal;n8875465 said:
Yup, I can see them now. :smile:

Yeah ... it works! :banana:

jdtox;n8875464 said:
I can see all the photos. That green is crazy!

Yeah ridiculous! 7 foot dip? Seriously?

Would make for some serious fun though.

Dye#7.jpg

Ugh, I hate that green. We have one like that (not as large and not as nice) locally. It is the worst design. Aside from that one thing, the course looks really really nice.

I played the course in September, a couple of months after it opened. The layout is fantastic, but the weather in early 2018 delayed the opening and the course opened before it was ready. It was in dire condition in September. The staff were superb, the course condition was not. The greens were heavily sanded and unputtable. The fairways were damaged and the green fees were refunded. Play it before you book. It will be a fantastic course, but it will need time to bed in.

Leftyuk;n8875492 said:
I played the course in September, a couple of months after it opened. The layout is fantastic, but the weather in early 2018 delayed the opening and the course opened before it was ready. It was in dire condition in September. The staff were superb, the course condition was not. The greens were heavily sanded and unputtable. The fairways were damaged and the green fees were refunded. Play it before you book. It will be a fantastic course, but it will need time to bed in.

So nearly a year ago ... any idea on the condition now?

The green you show and ask about is a standard Biarritz green. Maybe the most famous example is Yale #9. That one has a valley very similar to the one shown. I'm playing Perry Cabin in about a month. Thanks for sharing pics.

GolfTravelDude;n8875912 said:
The green you show and ask about is a standard Biarritz green. Maybe the most famous example is Yale #9. That one has a valley very similar to the one shown. I'm playing Perry Cabin in about a month. Thanks for sharing pics.

Let me know the conditions. I want to play it here soon

golfinnut;n8876111 said:
Let me know the conditions. I want to play it here soon

I am playing as a rater. The Pro has put out an offer to our rating group. The only time courses do that is when they are in great shape as they want good ratings....

GolfTravelDude;n8877966 said:
I am playing as a rater. The Pro has put out an offer to our rating group. The only time courses do that is when they are in great shape as they want good ratings....

Can you be my new best friend? :act-up: How does one get that gig?

golfinnut;n8877970 said:
Can you be my new best friend? :act-up: How does one get that gig?

The gig is referrals by current raters. For one of the Golf Mags...I can only refer one a year and just got my son in. Have a few buds to nominate too...

Back