Anyone have experience using playprivategolfclubs.com?

joeimp

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm starting to think about joining a club and doing my research for different clubs in my area. I came across a website called https://playprivategolfclubs.com/. It seems you're basically paying for a PGA Pro to set tee times for you at private courses:
[h=3]We also service public golfers who may be thinking of joining a private club.[/h] In order to accomplish that goal, we had to create a private club that would represent such members: 1) private country club members whose own head pro was usually too busy to call another private club and make such a request, or 2) public golfers who were thinking of buying into a private club so they could play other private clubs on a reciprocal play basis. These are the only ways a private golf course can legally offer to allow someone else to play their club!
That is what Reciprocal Golf and Play Private Golf Clubs has offered since 2003! If you doubt what we can do for you, email our Head Golf Professional, Mr. Pete Carlson, at contact@playprivategolfclubs.com and ask him if he can get you onto a specific private club (choose one that you would like to play), or name several private clubs that will interest you once you join our club! Pete will be glad to chat with you and answer any questions you may have. We have helped golfers for over 15 years to learn how the private country club industry operates, and how you may utilize his knowledge to enjoy playing the many private clubs within the USA!
Our Weekend Warrior Membership is $585. Our Business Traveler Membership is $785 for an unlimited number of rounds of golf each year and more.
We bring your head pro closer to you than ever before. You’ll have instant access to him 24/7 once you have joined. We will send you the name of your affiliate home club with Reciprocal Golf. You’ll sign up for a Membership Account and receive instructions how to log in to our listing of reciprocal clubs. We will provide dress code, who to text or call with your reciprocal play requests, etc.

Has anyone used this service before?

Looking at that website does not generate a lot of confidence to be honest. Lots of testimonials but no names attached to them.

mancest;n8875526 said:
Looking at that website does not generate a lot of confidence to be honest. Lots of testimonials but no names attached to them.

I just thought the exact same thing. Need to have eligible courses available. Signing a NDA to even signup?
Compare that to the Play Away Membership at Club Corp and how open and eligible it is, and offers even more for what it's worth.

I really doubt that service can deliver what it purports to. Private clubs are not that easy to get on for a reason

Here's a site that does similar and has traction....I can't say I have used it but I have been following it and I get emails from them and have for several years now. https://boxgroove.com/

GolfTravelDude;n8875904 said:
Here's a site that does similar and has traction....I can't say I have used it but I have been following it and I get emails from them and have for several years now. https://boxgroove.com/

I joined boxgroove many years ago, and never once had a single course available to play in my area. I understand that you can reach out to other members who may offer up a guest spot at their club, but that didn't really seem to be a thing that was happening.

pmm21;n8875952 said:
I understand that you can reach out to other members who may offer up a guest spot at their club, but that didn't really seem to be a thing that was happening.

If someone gave me a guest spot at their course, they would probably be wanting a similar reciprocity to do the same. If you can’t offer it back or something that makes it worth it to the course member, there’s not much benefit!

Over the past decade I have had a bucket list which I adjust each tear as I knock off a few on it each year. Where there is a will there is a way. One of the best ways to create play options at great places is Charity events. Members routinely donate play options to charities. Many of these charities have reached out beyond their normal resources thru internet Charity sites...CharityBuzz, Biddingforgood, eBay....These sites are now well known and deals are hard to come by. Initially before the herd became aware of this avenue I was very fortunate to grab quite a few 4somes at great places...and many times I was like the only bidder...The CC at Brookline, Fishers Island, Aronimink, Philly CC....The deals are seldom now...but avenues to play are there. Just you have to dig deep to get the best.

Back