Areyn49958

Reaction score
Hey all!

I was thinking the other day that it would very useful if there was an app out there where golfers took pics of courses they were playing so that other golfers could see up to date pics of courses before they play. For example, if a course caught disease you would see it before booking tee time blindly and showing up just to be disappointed. Let me know your thoughts

I'm honestly not sure if there is one that is super up to date but there are review sites that offer this type of information and can have photos posted to them.

Would you find something like that useful? Would you use it?

I would go for that in more of a written review... like Yelp for golf. For instance:
”Augusta, 19 Aug 19. Tee boxes and fairways in good shape, rough is about 5”, greens too slow, burnt out a bit.”

Areyn49958;n8881350 said:
Hey all!

I was thinking the other day that it would very useful if there was an app out there where golfers took pics of courses they were playing so that other golfers could see up to date pics of courses before they play. For example, if a course caught disease you would see it before booking tee time blindly and showing up just to be disappointed. Let me know your thoughts

If every THPer did this and made a thread about the courses they play, we'd have a pretty amazing collection of course photos!!!

What an undertaking though. Love the idea.

Areyn49958;n8881397 said:
Would you find something like that useful? Would you use it?

Not much, no. Photos can lie and you never know if the person posting is trying to make it look good or look bad.

I think challenging golfers to make this collection of information available and in an organized manner would go a long way

Back