Winter Golf Trip Recommendation?

POKeefe

Reaction score
Handicap
My dad and I did a January trip to Orlando last year and had a great time. We're trying to make it an annual trip by picking somewhere different to go every year. We're considering Scottsdale and Vegas as options for December/January. Any others we should consider? If we're looking to do a 3-4 course trip while staying in a centrally located hotel, what courses would you recommend in the city you're recommending?

Add Palm Springs California to your list. Great weather, great golf.

Myrtle Beach, SC

I do Phoenix and travel to Scottsdale and other areas. ItÂ’s a holy land for golf around there imo.

If u decide to do the Scottsdale trip here are some I would recommend:

Quintero
Troon or any Troon property (aka the boulders for instance)
TPC (either Course)
Superstition Springs
Eagle Mountain
Victory Course

J.B. Cobb III;n8885283 said:
Myrtle Beach, SC

Little concerned Myrtle Beach would be too cold in mid-December or January. It's definitely on the list to go to at some point though.

badolds;n8885278 said:
Add Palm Springs California to your list. Great weather, great golf.

What's the closest airport if I'm flying in from a major airport on the East Coast?

St.George, UT/Mesquite, NV. The cities are about 30 minutes apart. Not a ton to do there besides play golf (and bingo in Mesquite), but the golf in both spots is very good. And it should be a good bit cheaper than Vegas or Scottsdale.

Puerto Rico. If you stay near the airport you're a half hour drive from St Regis Bahia Beach, Coco Beach, and Rio Mar courses (total of 7 courses). If you stay near the rain forest you're a short uber ride to any of them.

Down side is THPers in the area are generally lousy human beings and worse golfers :)

Also for hot temp areas you should check to see when reseeding time of year is. Usually a track will close for a few weeks during this time. For instance Arizona area usually September reseeding month.
I usually do AZ mid Oct. reseeding just finished so greens are the best and weather is nice around that time. Keep in mind re-opening first week or two after reseeding usually cart path only also.

POKeefe;n8885959 said:
What's the closest airport if I'm flying in from a major airport on the East Coast?

You can fly into Palm Springs or Los Angeles is only 100 miles away.

Back