Unofficial Bristol Night Race/Golf Gathering 2020

Nerdy

Revenge of the Nerds!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
OH weather
This was brought up quite awhile ago in the Auto Racing Thread and I know there was some interest from a few guys. We failed to get anything locked down for this year, but I thought I would throw this up and see what interest looked like for next year's race. We still are a long way out as the race is scheduled for Saturday, Sept 19th, but tickets can go quick so I wanted to get ahead of the game.

The weekend would look something like dinner Friday night, golf Saturday morning, race Saturday night, golf Sunday morning then head out.
Post up if you're interested (In for sure, maybe, etc...) and if we have enough we can start looking at details and locking things up.

I drove right past the exit of the speedway last weekend when I had to haul all my son's crap down to Dickson, TN for his new job. They had a race going on then I believe .... I saw signs off the interstate for it.

I just might be down for this trip. It wouldn't take much convincing for Mrs Nut to take a road trip to see her son. Even if I didn't attend the race with you guys, I can still join up for golf on both days. Just as long as the Sunday round is early, cause I have a 10 hour drive back to VA.

So put me down as a tentative/maybe.

golfinnut;n8885294 said:
I drove right past the exit of the speedway last weekend when I had to haul all my son's crap down to Dickson, TN for his new job. They had a race going on then I believe .... I saw signs off the interstate for it.

I just might be down for this trip. It wouldn't take much convincing for Mrs Nut to take a road trip to see her son. Even if I didn't attend the race with you guys, I can still join up for golf on both days. Just as long as the Sunday round is early, cause I have a 10 hour drive back to VA.

So put me down as a tentative/maybe.

It's a race I've always wanted to go to, but haven't made it yet. Add in some golf and it sounds like a perfect weekend

Afternoon bump

Evening bump

BigDill where you at??

Sounds like a great trip. Probably zero chance I can make it work.

ArmyGolf;n8886110 said:
Sounds like a great trip. Probably zero chance I can make it work.

Bummer. How close are you to the F1 track up there? Maybe we could make that work in the next couple years

Nerdy_81;n8886150 said:
Bummer. How close are you to the F1 track up there? Maybe we could make that work in the next couple years
I'm on the opposite coast lol. I'm probably closer to Russia than the F1 track.

Hahahaha

Awesome idea and it's better than the Dover fall race (been there twice and it's boring AF). What's the best airport near Bristol?

brianmk24;n8886171 said:
Awesome idea and it's better than the Dover fall race (been there twice and it's boring AF). What's the best airport near Bristol?

Not a ton of great options. Looks like most in the area are smaller ones. Charlotte is about 3 hours away

Nerdy_81;n8886190 said:
Not a ton of great options. Looks like most in the area are smaller ones. Charlotte is about 3 hours away
That's what I saw too..was hoping that I had missed something. I could probably detour at my mom's house and Blue Ridge Shadows is on the way too.

Nerdy_81;n8886042 said:
Evening bump

BigDill where you at??

Sorry for missing this somehow. I would be in on this and try to make the dates work. Going to the Bristol night race is on my bucket list, so for sure I’m interested and would commit.

BigDill;n8888971 said:
Sorry for missing this somehow. I would be in on this and try to make the dates work. Going to the Bristol night race is on my bucket list, so for sure I’m interested and would commit.

We'll re-visit once it's a little closer. Doesn't seem to be a ton of interest, but even if we can only get 4 or so, I'd still be in for a fun weekend.

I’m not a racing fan but I’m only 5hrs or so away. I could possibly make it for the golf

Nerdy_81;n8889598 said:
We'll re-visit once it's a little closer. Doesn't seem to be a ton of interest, but even if we can only get 4 or so, I'd still be in for a fun weekend.

For sure. I doubt it will be the event of the year, but even just a few of us would still be a great time. Heck, if it’s just a few of us maybe we can get club tickets and make it one heck of an experience.

LLIB;n8889604 said:
I’m not a racing fan but I’m only 5hrs or so away. I could possibly make it for the golf

BigDill;n8889681 said:
For sure. I doubt it will be the event of the year, but even just a few of us would still be a great time. Heck, if it’s just a few of us maybe we can get club tickets and make it one heck of an experience.

I like it.

Back