Your Favorite THP Event

J-Pin

Senior Hacker in Paradise
Reaction score
1. How many events have you attended?
2. What was your favorite event and why?

I’ve been to 5 and my favorite would have to be ShaftUp at Olympia Fields followed closely by Regional Rivalry in Biloxi during a hurricane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not been to one quite yet, but reading through the Grandaddy threads makes that my favorite. Watching the adults' excitement like they are 5 years old and seeing Cinderella's Castle for the first time just never gets old.

I have been to 2 events. My favorite was the Wilson Driver vs. Driver 2 Event in Arizona.

Update: Actually 3 events. Norcal/Socal Regional Rivalry. I think this one was the best because we got to play in the rain in Socal in May.

Last edited:
Have attended 3 THP events. My favorite has to be my first event the Gauntlet. The setting SC, Callaway peeps and great playing partners and teammates.

The Grandaddy will be my second and it positive it will be my favorite.

I've been to 4 and they each created some very special memories.

2016 #TheCup - I gained a great group of friends that I talk to all of the time and have become brothers.
2017 The Morgan Cup - That whole trip was extremely special getting to spend 18 hours in a vehicle with Puttin4bird, playing an awesome course and laughing my butt off with some great people.
2018 THP Budget Golf Championship - What a blast. The heat was brutal but I had a lot of fun playing the event and hanging out in the evenings was a blast.
2018 The Grandaddy - What more needs to be said? It's the freaking Grandaddy!

I've been fortunate to participate in Shaft Up, Shaft Up Finale, Titleist Ultimate Testing, and the Ben Hogan Experience. I honestly can't pick which one was my favorite; I honestly enjoy being a part of any THP event. Shaft up was amazing because I showed up playing 10+ year old irons and walked away with a brand new set of irons/wedges with recoil shafts fit to me. This was an eye opening trip for me that introduced me to the equipment side of golf. The finale was so much fun, we had a great weekend playing golf at Callaway Gardens. Going to California for the Titleist event was amazing getting to go to TPI and meeting Bob Vokey and getting to play 2 rounds at Aviara. The Ben Hogan event was awesome because I'm a fan of competition golf and getting to play for a HOF tag was a freaking blast!

The Grandaddy will be my 4th THP event. Like KEV said, each event has something special about it, and picking just one is somewhat like picking your favorite child.

The UST Shaft Spectacular was great because I was able to watch Danny Le in action and get fit in a driver.
The Morgan Cup is tough to beat in many ways.
The Sweep was so unique in every way that nothing will approach it for originality.
Can't wait to see what the Grandaddy brings.

I have been to 8 and they have all been special for various reasons. If I had to choose just one as my favorite it would have to the Hogan Event in 2018. I have been a huge fan of Hogan equipment for all of my golfing life so it was just extra special to be able to attend that event and get to meet, talk to and play with a couple of guys from their headquarters. And that was also my first event that contained an equipment tie-in to the event.

Last edited:
Sox_Fan;n8885889 said:
I have been to 8 and they have all been special for various reasons. If I had to chose just one as my favorite it would have to the Hogan Event in 2018. I have been a huge fan of Hogan equipment for all of my golfing life so it was just extra special to be able to attend that event and get to meet, talk to and play with a couple of guys from their headquarters. And that was also my first event that contained an equipment tie-in to the event.

The 2018 Ben Hogan Iron Experience was my only THP event and it was perfect. I met a great group of guys and still play the PTx irons and Equalizer wedges that we got there. The Graphite Challenge with UST is the event that I had my eye on but that plan changed a couple weeks ago.

J-Pin;n8885821 said:
1. How many events have you attended?
2. What was your favorite event and why?

Official and unofficial, I believe I’’m near 20.

Favorite event is a real close one, but I give the edge to The Handcrafted Experience just slightly over the 2014 Morgan Cup. Treated like a tour pro is incredible, but how freakin cool is it to design and make your golf shaft is unreal. There are two in the world, and you own them both. Think about how crazy that sounds?

MWard;n8885917 said:
Official and unofficial, I believe I��m near 20.

Favorite event is a real close one, but I give the edge to The Handcrafted Experience just slightly over the 2014 Morgan Cup. Treated like a tour pro is incredible, but how freakin cool is it to design and make your golf shaft is unreal. There are two in the world, and you own them both. Think about how crazy that sounds?

I would love to attend the Handcrafted Experience. It would be wild to design a one of a kind shaft!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1. I think that it's been seven official events for me.
2. They've all been great, but I'd probably choose the 2015 Gauntlet at Cog HIll #2 and #4 with Callaway. You can't go wrong with the ZooCrew at an event and carting it with Rhiona on Sunday was a blast. TheCup in 2016 is a very close second because those two courses were amazing and the people there were great too.

Been to 4 and while The Grandaddy was my favorite I had an amazing time and met some awesome people at all of them.

2013 Morgan Cup is my favorite event that I never attended.

1. I have attended 10. 9 as an active participant and 1 as a general/caddie.

2. This isn’t a cop out answer but all of them hold something special to me in some way. It’s just too difficult to choose one.

Shaft Up and the Shaft Up Finale we’re both incredibly fun and unique in their own way.

Both THP Championships hold a special place in my heart.

Both team events I took part in were amazing in their own way.

The Ben Hogan event serving as a General/Caddie gave me a completely different perspective and is equally amazing in its own special way.

Truthfully it’s just too difficult to pick only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i’ve done 5, grandaddy will be my 6th.

so far it’s almost a dead heat between the morgan cup and the handcrafted experience, and i really can’t choose between the two.

but the grandaddy is sure to take the top spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's it??

You don't have a Favorite THP Event?

How many have you attended?

I know you are out there.

Come on THPers!!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1. Zero total events, had to back out of the only two I have ever been chosen for.

2. I thought the coolest (other than the Grandaddy) was when THPers played alongside Sadlowski at the Cleveland Event. How Freakin cool is that???!!

DMoney79;n8885829 said:
I’ve been to 5 and my favorite would have to be ShaftUp at Olympia Fields followed closely by Regional Rivalry in Biloxi during a hurricane!

It was a baby little tropical storm! Still a blast though!

I've been to four or five.

2017 Morgan Cup takes the cake, but they were all pretty close. The company is what makes the events special. I've made some great friends, played some terrible golf, got a hall of fame tag, and even invented a cocktail. Nothing really compares.

I’ve been to lucky enough to be part of 4 events but had to pull out the Ultimate weekend due to back problems.

As for a favorite, all 3 made my life better.

2016 thp championship. First event ever and it will never be forgotten.

2017 regional rivalry. NorCal vs South. Co-captain for Team SoCal and the guys from both side made it a memorable event that I’ll never forget. Even though the weather completely sucked it was an amazing event. Oh and my car lost power coming down the mountain meaning I had to coast down the mountain in a dead car with no control or lights.

2018 Handcrafted experience. One of kind opportunity to create whatever you kind can dream up. Couple days with DB and Larry, two very great hosts.

All three have created friendships that still continue to this day.

I’ve been fortunate to be selected for two. Both this year.

The Odyssey Experience was my first. The Graphite Challenge with UST Mamiya is coming up in November. Since I only have attended one so far, and your first always occupies a unique place in your heart, I’ll go with the OE. I’m expecting that the Graphite Challenge will be awesome and give it a run.

I’m really looking forward to meeting the other THPers, Danny and Tyler, and seeing JB again. The relationships with my buddies from OE have been special to me. I suspect some really great friendships will come out of this one, too.

I’ve been to enough that I have a hard time remembering them all, and I say that not as a humble brag, but a realization that damn I’ve been here for a long freaking time!

Funnily enough I think my favorite is the MC (#3 iirc) I was in, and I honestly loathed that one afterwards for a long time. So much drama around it at times created by people who thrived in drama, and it just not being what my mind had pictured it to be after the first two. And frankly, it was just a LOT of people. Since then though the light has changed on it a bit for me and it’s lead me to hoping someday I get another crack at one.

I have been to zero up to this point. My first will be the Grandaddy a few months from now. It will be the highlight of my golf life, by a long shot.

But, once the dust settles, and the timing is right, I very much look forward to meeting another awesome group of THPers in a future event should I be fortunate enough.

Back