The Official Brooks Koepka Thread

NewGlfr

Reaction score
Handicap
Someone mentioned there wasn't one and since I was talking about him, I should start one. Here it is.

I think he doesn't have a very electric personality, but there is no question he is an exceptional talent and one heck of a closer.

Three Majors won in the last six he entered. Incredible.

Talk about Brooks!

I was very impressed Sunday how BK used the Tiger roars 2 holes behind as motivation to play aggressively to make birdies on the back nine. Most players in this situation try to make it happen and lose the lead. BK just knuckeled down and let it happen.

Florida State Seminole. Younger brother Chase went to South Florida which is nearby and I saw him at a driving range once launching missiles. Brooks picked his brother for that team Zurich Classic event and his brother is just about fully exempt on the Euro tour if I'm not mistaken.

I do like reading Brooks' story about living in small cars working his way through the Challenge Tour and European tour to finally gain exemption stateside. Age old saying of a little hard work and determination and you can do anything you want. In elite company winning 2 Majors in a season and of course back to back USOpens.

Don't really mind that his "personality is dry" or "boring" but the Top 2 golfers in the OWGR seem to be that way and it's working for them. Thrilled they're on Team USA for the Ryder Cup.

Who????

Is Brooks Koepka the guy who finished 1st to Tiger Woods at that one tournament?

Brooks a beast for real, and I don't mind his 'no nonsense' approach to winning. I certainly appreciate his story, too having coming up on the Euro Tour and playing in some far flung locations. I heard talk over the weekend that 3 majors will get him in the HOF, but I'm interested to see how many more non-major wins he gets. I'm a fan of good golf, and that's what Brook's is playing so it'll be fun to see if he can stay on this hot streak!

Is Brooks Koepka the guy who finished 1st to Tiger Woods at that one tournament?

No, you must be thinking of another guy at some other tournament somewhere from way back.

No, you must be thinking of another guy at some other tournament somewhere from way back.

My mistake. The name looked familiar.

He is certainly deserving of his own thread. The dude flat out comes to play in the majors.

To be somewhat serious, I absolutely loved how down the stretch, instead of clubbing down off the tee and playing safe, he just let the big dog eat and took huge chunks out of Bellerive Country Club

I don't know what's not to like about BK. He's a stud and can straight up close out a tournament. Not to mention he's an absolute beast, I'm going to convert all my chub into muscle and be just like him!

Brooks a beast for real, and I don't mind his 'no nonsense' approach to winning. I certainly appreciate his story, too having coming up on the Euro Tour and playing in some far flung locations. I heard talk over the weekend that 3 majors will get him in the HOF, but I'm interested to see how many more non-major wins he gets. I'm a fan of good golf, and that's what Brook's is playing so it'll be fun to see if he can stay on this hot streak!

That's what's odd to me - how many guys have more three times more major wins than normal tour events?! If you had to choose, of course you'd choose to win majors over the John Deeres, but its a little odd to me that he hasn't won a few more tour events. He has been so lights out in his three major wins. Do the regular tour stops just not excite him enough?

To be somewhat serious, I absolutely loved how down the stretch, instead of clubbing down off the tee and playing safe, he just let the big dog eat and took huge chunks out of Bellerive Country Club

That was absolutely sick. Here I was thinking, "well, he'll take out an iron and play safe..." Then he pulls Driver and unloads the longest drive of the day (I think) and stripes it. It was unbelievable!

I went to FSU so it’s pretty cool to see a Seminole do so well. It’s been a while since Paul Azinger that we’ve had someone to root for. Not everyone can be part of the golf fun bunch but I do hope he realizes that a few more waves to the crowd could go a long way. Although if he has the “overlooked” chip on his shoulder I can see why he might be stand-offish. Hope he continues to do well. The Ryder Cup is better off with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will definitely be good to see him go all 1776 on the competition in the Ryder Cup!

Gotta hand it to him, he played very, very well and very controlled on the back nine Sunday. I just wonder what guys like him and JT would do if faced with a red-hot Tiger in their pairing on Sunday in a major. Would they be able to power through and stay on their game with the electricity up close and personal like that?

We just might get to see next April.

I don't know what's not to like about BK. He's a stud and can straight up close out a tournament. Not to mention he's an absolute beast, I'm going to convert all my chub into muscle and be just like him!

Be careful because working out/strength training is bad for golf and could hurt you :D

Seriously I would take his physique and strength plus game any day of the week. Dude is an animal on the course and focused on the goal and nothing is going to stop him. I read a quite today from him that said no one was going to beat him Sunday not even tiger

Will definitely be good to see him go all 1776 on the competition in the Ryder Cup!

Gotta hand it to him, he played very, very well and very controlled on the back nine Sunday. I just wonder what guys like him and JT would do if faced with a red-hot Tiger in their pairing on Sunday in a major. Would they be able to power through and stay on their game with the electricity up close and personal like that?

We just might get to see next April.

Brooks is a power house that doesn’t putt too poorly either. So unless Tiger finds the flat stick magic he used to have, I doubt any of them will fear him. Missing 8 footers doesn’t exactly instill fear in your opponents, especially when he’s no longer crushing the ball past guys like brooks.

Brooks also won the PGA by two even after he missed a few very make-able putts coming down the stretch. People have been bringing up the “what if’s” for Tigers round, but this could also have very easily been a 5+ shot win for brooks if things went the other way as well. He’s becoming quite the force in Majors, and we will see if that lasts. A few guys recently have had spurts of playing lights out, only to fall back after a year or two. We’ll see if that happens here, or he keeps it up.

Pretty impressive short career so far.
4 Amatuer wins
11 professional wins with 4 on PGA Tour (3 majors)
1 Euro Tour win, 4 challenge tour wins, Won the Dunlop Phoenix Championshop in 2016 and 2017.

Koepka leads by 4 going into the final round at the CJ Cup in South Korea. If he wins, or takes solo 2nd(save for JT winning), he becomes #1 in the OWGR.

I've been catching bits of pieces of the CJ Cup and Brooks looks like he's in midseason form. Looks like it's going to be another fun year on the PGA tour!

I've been catching bits of pieces of the CJ Cup and Brooks looks like he's in midseason form. Looks like it's going to be another fun year on the PGA tour!

Heard him saying that while the wraparound season means others are tired, he started his season 4-5 months behind everyone else last year so is feeling pretty fresh.

brooks at the cj cup just said “i haven’t even begun to peak.” did he just make a “it’s always sunny” reference? he’s my new favorite golfer if he did.

This Feherty interview is pretty good. Dude speaks his mind, but not in an arrogant way.

This Feherty interview is pretty good. Dude speaks his mind, but not in an arrogant way.

Crap forgot he was on tonight gonna have to check it out later.

Crap forgot he was on tonight gonna have to check it out later.

Really recommend it. Speaks about slow players and Sergio haha. Didn't shy away.

Back