The Official Brooks Koepka Thread

Or, he’s just that good right now.

45 minute arrival before tee time confirms it.
Alright, I guess no jokes with you guys.

not gonna lie, after he won his first major, I just figured he was a one and done, long bomb and gouge player...another foot note in history if you will.

I don't think that anymore, this guy is for real. Almost too cool really, minimal practice, doesn't take things too seriously, built like a brick house, smoke'n hot GF...etc etc. Marches to his own drummer. Love how he doesn't hold back, his comments on slow play are awesome. His own pace of play is awesome (I love ready golf....no wasting time, just go when it's your turn).

went from not caring who this guy was to being a huge fan.

For the record, Jack Nicklaus was never one for extensive practice and, or, range time. His philosophy was that if he liked the way he was striking the ball, putting etc... he did not find it productive to repeat same at the range or practice green.

For the record, Jack Nicklaus was never one for extensive practice and, or, range time. His philosophy was that if he liked the way he was striking the ball, putting etc... he did not find it productive to repeat same at the range or practice green.

Haha, what? Here is Jack Nicklaus' practice routine growing up.

DeeoPLjVMAAN4M2

Let's recap here:

-50 minutes prior to tee time Brooks is nowhere to be found
-Shows up, hits a handful of balls, rolls 3 putts
-Drags Rory around the course while fighting off a cold (take that JDay!)

In summary: Koepka is a freaking baller lol.

Haha, what? Here is Jack Nicklaus' practice routine growing up.

DeeoPLjVMAAN4M2

Obviously, to develop a swing and game requires thousands of practice hours. Most all Tour players put in the hours when they were teenagers, Nicklaus and Koepka included.
If you've got a Nicklaus book there you will read that(as a pro) he did not see a benefit to excessive range or practice time. Specifically, if he struck a few range balls or putts to his liking, he saw no value to continuing same. If he did not like the range shots or putts he was striking, he would spend more time until he was satisfied.

I put Brooks at two more major wins earlier this year, but at this point it seems like he could win quite a few more majors.

Will definitely be interesting to see how he does in the majors next year.

Link to an article about Koepka's endorsement contract mind set :

https://www.golf.com/gear/2019/05/19/brooks-koepka-equipment-deal-worth/

The above linked article does not mention it, but the reality is that the hat logo is the most valuable item that a Tour pro may sell. My guess is that Nike is paying Koepka $15 to $20 million per year for wearing a Nike hat and shirt. A club deal is much less lucrative, maybe $3 or $4 million per year, so it makes sense to me why Koepka would avoid signing a club deal and instead put the clubs he wants within his bag.

JB might have more accurate data but I can assure you he's getting maybe half of that. Tiger and Rory are getting that kind of money from Nike, not Brooks.

JB might have more accurate data but I can assure you he's getting maybe half of that. Tiger and Rory are getting that kind of money from Nike, not Brooks.

Brooks Koepka is getting nowhere near 20 million dollars from Nike for a shirt and hat. If that is a “ballpark number”, we are not even playing the right sport

Tiger's most recent Nike contract has him earning $40 million per year for wearing a Nike hat, shirt, and footwear.
In 2013 Rory signed a 5 year deal paying him $20 million per year to play Nike equipment, wear a Nike hat and shirt, footwear etc... In 2016 Koepka signed his own "full Nike deal".
Since those days, Nike has exited the club and ball business, but the hat is by far the most expensive piece of "real estate" a golfer may sell. For more than a decade KPMG (accounting/consulting firm) has paid Mickelson $20 million per year to wear a KPMG hat.

Tiger's most recent Nike contract has him earning $40 million per year for wearing a Nike hat, shirt, and footwear.
In 2013 Rory signed a 5 year deal paying him $20 million per year to play Nike equipment, wear a Nike hat and shirt, footwear etc... In 2016 Koepka signed his own "full Nike deal".
Since those days, Nike has exited the club and ball business, but the hat is by far the most expensive piece of "real estate" a golfer may sell. For more than a decade KPMG (accounting/consulting firm) has paid Mickelson $20 million per year to wear a KPMG hat.

Koepka had yet to win a major in 2016, and had nowhere near the name recognition those other guys do. I'd argue he still doesn't when it comes to the general public.

Mickelson, Tiger and Rory are all an advertisers wet dream. Brooks is an amazing golfer but he is nowhere near as marketable as those three.

Koepka had yet to win a major in 2016, and had nowhere near the name recognition those other guys do. I'd argue he still doesn't when it comes to the general public.

I dunno, Bruce is pretty good.

Followed Brooks and DJ at a practice round Masters 2017, knew he was going to be a monster on tour, he flushes almost every shot.

Brooks is a savage hahahaha

“The rudest players you ever play with are not slow,” Chamblee said on Saturday night. “They may be annoying, but they are not rude. The rudest players you ever play with are fast players. You heard Bryson DeChambeau say if I hit it past somebody I’m not going to go up and get in front of him. But fast players will do that. And I can promise you it’s not the proper etiquette.”

Chamblee referenced video from earlier in the week of Koepka standing off to the side but well ahead of McIlroy in the fairway, waiting for him to hit. Chamblee said Koepka was in McIlroy’s line of sight.

That comment found its way to Koepka, who responded on Twitter on Sunday morning (which led to a Chamblee response).

48f80001a588c27ecc8f5377c06a7084.png

I admit it: I was not a fan of old Brooks. Never said anything of substance, poor brooks does not get interviewed, etc.

I'm totally on board with forthcoming, tel it like it is, DGAF Brooks and I think it’s what the tour needs. Apart from the persona, it seems like he’s actually a decent human as well.

Canadan;n8877367 said:
that's just basically me with a tan.

Lulz.

we talking about the guy in the red right?

Canadan;n8877367 said:
that's just basically me with a tan.

Lulz.

Frankly, being your twin, I think the resemblance is uncanny.

WTH is going on with the shoes Brooks is wearing? What ever is sticking out of them looks DAF!

Brooks wins POY. Will be very interesting to see how he performs over the next several years. Let's see if he can sustain some form of dominance. DJ has been a let-down in that regard. As has other over-promised players.

Back