Bryson DeChambeau Thread

Looks like Dechambeau is playing a different driver than F9 this week

Looks like Dechambeau is playing a different driver than F9 this week

Went back to LTD but he played the F9 in the pro-am today

Bryson is getting roasted on social for taking about 2 minutes to miss a putt.

Also this.

Also this.

Looking at the comments on those two tweets, it appears there are quite a few PGA level golfers stepping up and voicing their displeasure with his play.

It's infuriating to me to see the lack of respect that he has for his playing partners. Fleetwood sitting there needing to make a 5 footer while Bryson grinds and grinds over this putt. I don't know why they don't put him on blast in the press conference. I guess they're trying to rise above it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Also this.

I just watched it. That was brutal I can't believe JT and Tommy aren't screaming at him to hurry up. I was dozing off waiting for him to go.

I just watched it. That was brutal I can't believe JT and Tommy aren't screaming at him to hurry up. I was dozing off waiting for him to go.

I’d probably have a pretty hard time not saying anything personally.

I’d probably have a pretty hard time not saying anything personally.

JT has to be used to it by now right? In case it hasn’t been mentioned, he is friends with Spieth.

The world is coming to an end. I agree with poulter
3aeefec3bf2786216e832c9affa82f56.jpg

That is a ridiculous amount of time. I have to imagine the PGA has to step up and change this but they probably won’t.

J F’N T

458653c7a3de3e19148b70d2baf03394.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Bryson claims he walks fast to us ball, faster than the average player, to compensate for his pre shot routine. I'm guessing his playing partners could care less if it is true. Not to mention I don't think walking fast is gonna makeup the difference.

Cjgolf25;n8873620 said:
So Bryson claims he walks fast to us ball, faster than the average player, to compensate for his pre shot routine. I'm guessing his playing partners could care less if it is true. Not to mention I don't think walking fast is gonna makeup the difference.

I saw that nonsense.

It'll take him losing a tournament because of strokes received to fully agree that he's slow.

This isn't rocket science. Put a time on it, get one or two extensions a round for a tougher shot, and enforce the damn thing.

I watched him on the Thursday of the Masters. He was with Jason Day and DJ on the 15th tee. The group in front were waiting so they just stood there. DJ and Jason Day were chatting away happily, completely ignoring Bryson. He looked to be completely alone and out of touch with those around him. Do you think he would register on the autism scale?

As much as I'm on board with slow-player shaming, and as much as it's easy to pick on Bryson because he has the personality of a calculator, I still must concede that the blame her ultimately lies with the gutless, pathetic PGA Tour.
Enforce your rules. Call penalties. Try solutions until it works. It's not that hard, if local mini-tours have figured it out surely the PGA Tour can.

Bryson is a good guy, he is becoming the scapegoat by the PGA and social media. He is a calculating individual, that does a good job, he is just different from most, that doesn’t make him slow. If you are going to clock him then clock EVERYBODY. Put a digital clock on the bag when the player is introduced, and then you have to have somebody track each player and each shot for 6 weeks. THEN start the process once everybody has been alerted. But, putting somebody on notice after 1 or 2 shots is ridiculous.
If you can get around in 4 hours30 min on tour, you are good.
However if you are playing a par 5 and you are the only group on the hole, you are out of position and need to move it along.
nuf ced.

Brucem609;n8873682 said:
Bryson is a good guy, he is becoming the scapegoat by the PGA and social media. He is a calculating individual, that does a good job, he is just different from most, that doesn’t make him slow. If you are going to clock him then clock EVERYBODY. Put a digital clock on the bag when the player is introduced, and then you have to have somebody track each player and each shot for 6 weeks. THEN start the process once everybody has been alerted. But, putting somebody on notice after 1 or 2 shots is ridiculous.
However if you are playing a par 5 and you are the only group on the hole, you are out of position and need to move it along.
nuf ced.

Actually if you listened to his presser, he’s not a calculating individual. His quote was he hates playing golf but loves competition and competing. Back home he can play golf with buddies in 2.5 hours but get on tour and it’s death by paralysis and analysis. It’s his own mental block that causes the problem.

Brucem609;n8873682 said:
nuf ced.

No one is asking for only Bryson to be on the clock. Everyone is asking for the PGA to actually enforce their own rules.

Golf Ghost;n8873700 said:
No one is asking for only Bryson to be on the clock. Everyone is asking for the PGA to actually enforce their own rules.

I think this is an important note. Most fans are and have been asking for this for a while. It does seem however that many in the media, continue to go after 3 players, while ignoring some of the big names that have similar issues with pace.

Brucem609;n8873682 said:
nuf ced.

Everyone is on notice of pace of play and time rules. If someone says he isn’t, he’s lying.

Tell’em this: “The rules are this. Actual enforcement will start at the first event of the 19-20 season. Ignore at your peril. Play well.”

JB;n8873707 said:
I think this is an important note. Most fans are and have been asking for this for a while. It does seem however that many in the media, continue to go after 3 players, while ignoring some of the big names that have similar issues with pace.

He has definitely become a target, but the guy has done nothing to help his image regarding the issue.

I think Na is a great example of how to handle the scrutiny of being a slow player.

Golf Ghost;n8873717 said:
He has definitely become a target, but the guy has done nothing to help his image regarding the issue.

I think Na is a great example of how to handle the scrutiny of being a slow player.

I agree with this. And Na is a good example. For two things. First he owned it. Second he fixed much of it. Yet each time he is in contention all you hear about is his pace, despite it not being horrible compared to others.

Nobody in the media mentions Day, Spieth, Tiger and Phil, yet all of them are “methodical”. JT with the watch signals on this, would NEVER do that to his buddy, who also has said himself he is slow.

Easy targets and I totally get it. And if it makes a fix easier, I am all for it. Targets are targets for a reason and Bryson is not fast.

Based on statements by Slugger White,

“I hate slow play as much as the next guy, but I can’t agree with the idea of hitting players with penalty strokes. Maybe it’s because I was a player once, but I envision these horrible trickle-down effects. Say there’s a player who barely squeezes into the top 125 of the final FedEx Cup points standings because he made a couple of thousand dollars more at a tournament than the player right behind him on the list. Imagine if he’d been hit with a one-stroke penalty at a key moment because he was two seconds over his time. Say the penalty cost him $5,000. Suddenly he’s so far down the FedEx Cup point list he doesn’t have a place to play the following year, which in turn might mean his kid can’t go to college, or he can’t put a down payment on that decent house. Or worse. Basically it means you’ve drastically affected the guy’s life with the click of a stopwatch. I’m all for looking at fine structures, maybe increasing them. But determining his fate with a stopwatch to me is a little harsh.”

and comments this morning by the PGA Tour echoed on the Golf Channel, they don’t see slow play as an issue.

As for Bryson’s comments, you’re not helping yourself or your image. Take responsibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bottom line is Bryson does nothing to get ready prior to it being his time to take a shot. He prepares once it’s his turn and that’s what is bugging everyone. He just isn’t using his time effectively.

I agree there are other slow players out there and he’s easy to pick on, but his comments on him not being slow are ridiculous. The fact he can’t see he’s slow tells you all you need to know.

Back