Bryson DeChambeau Thread

Canadan;n8876475 said:
I think you're right on all counts, and it's very annoying.

Fix the green and green side and the entire thing falls into place. I just don’t have a solution on how to fix that.

Canadan;n8876468 said:
I'm not condoning it at all, but I know that the Tour reacts to negative public commentary from their players.

Obviously there are better ways to handle it, but do we know that guys like Bryson haven't heard about it directly from other players?

if you haven't listened to the barstools pod with bryson, i would recommend it. like i said i'm only 30 minutes in, but should finish it today. he talks about the guys going straight to social media and says he found it disrespectful. i agree. i feel like you could hear the hurt in his voice. he made it sound like those guys never came to him. and he also seemed genuinely impressed that brooks came up and talked to him. he was very complimentary of that (although he said he preferred that it was in private instead of publicly on the putting green to fan the flames of the current fire).

JB;n8876477 said:
Fix the green and green side and the entire thing falls into place. I just don’t have a solution on how to fix that.

Strokes. Add strokes. Give these dudes a couple of extension cards or something for their round and tell them to cry a river when they get penalized.

It's just not that hard to play a shot in less than a minute.

mickelson came out on twitter to defend green books. i thought he had some good points. he said he uses the books while walking up to the green to reduce his time reading the putt. and he also analyzes the books in advance of the round to pick his landing spots. he said if anything, the books speed up play. interesting take.

Canadan;n8876482 said:
Strokes. Add strokes. Give these dudes a couple of extension cards or something for their round and tell them to cry a river when they get penalized.

It's just not that hard to play a shot in less than a minute.

this is where I am at. You have to get their attention and penalizing strokes is the only way to do that. Money doesnt mean **** to these guys.

McLovin;n8876485 said:
mickelson came out on twitter to defend green books. i thought he had some good points. he said he uses the books while walking up to the green to reduce his time reading the putt. and he also analyzes the books in advance of the round to pick his landing spots. he said if anything, the books speed up play. interesting take.

I think when used properly it can speed up play. But like most things, it's not always used properly like we saw with Bryson's putt.

Phil's point goes back to just ready golf. Don't take away any of the tools these guys and gals use, just ensure they're being used in a manner that doesn't effect pace of play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if Bryson has considered wither he is overanalyzing his putts and while he thinks it is helping, its hindering his game? The man looks like Sheldon Cooper out there walking off distances and contemplating putts. It is almost as if its become an OCD-level behavior at this point.

And it is a shame that most of this is falling on him this week, because there are many other players who are very, very slow.

Prob why we are all sitting in front of the keyboards, we didnt take our time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mikeg_74;n8876579 said:
this is where I am at. You have to get their attention and penalizing strokes is the only way to do that. Money doesnt mean **** to these guys.

Quite the contrary...there is SO MUCH money at stake that that's why these guys are way more into the analytics and things of that nature than eras past.

Northerner;n8877842 said:
Quite the contrary...there is SO MUCH money at stake that that's why these guys are way more into the analytics and things of that nature than eras past.

I'm sure the money of the past was significant as well, at least for the time.

With shoe/apparel/club/shirt-badge deals the way they are today, I'd concede to this argument if the guy barely making cuts and trying to be relevant was the slowest. Not a guy barely into his 20s already worth 10 mill.

Canadan;n8877847 said:
I'm sure the money of the past was significant as well, at least for the time.

With shoe/apparel/club/shirt-badge deals the way they are today, I'd concede to this argument if the guy barely making cuts and trying to be relevant was the slowest. Not a guy barely into his 20s already worth 10 mill.

I read Hogan biography and iirc many of the pros his day had to have second jobs.

I suppose the money of the Norman/Falco Era was tidy, but I'm guessing adjusted for inflation it still isnt nearly as much as this era.

just guessing of course (without looking deep into it).

Northerner;n8877860 said:
I read Hogan biography and iirc many of the pros his day had to have second jobs.

I suppose the money of the Norman/Falco Era was tidy, but I'm guessing adjusted for inflation it still isnt nearly as much as this era.

just guessing of course (without looking deep into it).

fair enough... My last comment remains though... If the weakest players on tour were the slowest, I'd get it.

Canadan;n8877868 said:
fair enough... My last comment remains though... If the weakest players on tour were the slowest, I'd get it.

I hear you on that. Hopefully they Crack down on Bryson finally (aand all the other offenders)

mancest;n8875262 said:
Yes, but there is also no rule stating you can’t defecate on the green while your partners are putting, but both are less than desirable traits of someone you might go tee it up with.

I'd say 1.2 would cover that.

fupresti;n8875759 said:
Soly from NLU has a good take on how to solve the problem.

Group players based on speed of play. Fast players only play with fast players, slow players only play with slow players. This means the slow players don't get to take advantage of the fast players and stay in position. See how quickly things change then.

Yeah, but how do you send them out? Fast players first so they don't have to put up with the slow players in front of them or slow players first so everything grinds to a halt?

Apparently Bryson's instagram post was very much out of one side of his mouth.. Meanwhile, on the other side, he was caught on video saying the following;

"I'm out here, doing the right thing, having a great time with the pro-am guys, killing it," DeChambeau said. "And honestly, we're on these guys' asses all the time. Last week I played under time par, this week we'll do the same thing."
"Y'all can say whatever you want, but we're having a f---ing awesome time," DeChambeau said. "So screw all y'all haters, no big deal. I still love you all, even though you hate me."

Maximum yikes. Reel him in, sponsors. This is getting ridiculous.

LOL Bryson is such a sideshow. I imagine his sponsors are cringing in a board room somewhere.

ArmyGolf;n8879651 said:
LOL Bryson is such a sideshow. I imagine his sponsors are cringing in a board room somewhere.

It sucks. I loathe the idea of being that kind of person. Two sides to the mouth.

People like that are figured out relatively quickly though, and that makes me happy.

Reactions: JB
Canadan;n8879654 said:
It sucks. I loathe the idea of being that kind of person. Two sides to the mouth.

People like that are figured out relatively quickly though, and that makes me happy.

It’s seems they have moved on from trying to excuse him already.

Canadan;n8879647 said:
Apparently Bryson's instagram post was very much out of one side of his mouth.. Meanwhile, on the other side, he was caught on video saying the following;

"I'm out here, doing the right thing, having a great time with the pro-am guys, killing it," DeChambeau said. "And honestly, we're on these guys' asses all the time. Last week I played under time par, this week we'll do the same thing."
"Y'all can say whatever you want, but we're having a f---ing awesome time," DeChambeau said. "So screw all y'all haters, no big deal. I still love you all, even though you hate me."

Maximum yikes. Reel him in, sponsors. This is getting ridiculous.

i’m not trying to be argumentative or even defend him, but what about this is contradictory to the insta post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He’s quickly getting close to me putting him in Sabaweenie, Poulter, and Sergio classification.

Definitely not a fan.

Back