Justin Rose to Honma?

So many players switch clubs year in a year out. I don’t recall anyone have immediate success like Rose. I hope Homna doesn’t drop the marketing ball on this.

So many players switch clubs year in a year out. I don’t recall anyone have immediate success like Rose. I hope Homna doesn’t drop the marketing ball on this.

Yeah this was good. A few have, I think Sergio won just a few weeks after switching last year.

Yeah this was good. A few have, I think Sergio won just a few weeks after switching last year.

True he did. I was thinking of the guys that switched to PXG and took a good bit to win. I think It took Billy Ho a season.

JR impressed me and I’d like to see this be the break Homna needed to get deeper into the US market.

And we can't forget Chuckie 3 (Charles Howell III), won first time out with his new Titleist's sticks. I remember either Sir Nick or Johnny lambasting Rory for it seems like months when he made the switch and how long it would take to make the change. These guys are so good and fitters/equipment so accurate, it seems like a change is almost welcome.

Last edited:
The way he hit the new Honma irons in Palm Springs & Torrey Pines, I'm sure he had lots of work with the new irons before he hit them in competition. Top tier players aren't about to hit new club without dialing them in.

A lot of the talk I've seen about the switch is that this proves you can win with any clubs, that it's all about the player not the tools.
While that's definitely true to an extent it does a disservice to what are obviously some brilliantly engineered clubs.

A lot of the talk I've seen about the switch is that this proves you can win with any clubs, that it's all about the player not the tools.
While that's definitely true to an extent it does a disservice to what are obviously some brilliantly engineered clubs.

I think when the players are playing clubs that are engineered by the company this is true. I think when these guys go to a manufacturer and have them forge some shape of blade they already use and love then that thinking loses a lot of it's luster imo. If a player is under contract with a brand I pay a lot of attention to what clubs they have chosen to play that are non-prototype and what clubs they refused to give up. For Honma I think Rose immediately using their driver, wedges, and utility iron is a win, making some proto irons for him is a meh, and him sticking with a TM wood helps TM.

If you buy a set of Honma irons before March 31st and Justin Rose, or any other player using Honma irons wins at Augusta, you get your money back. Not sure if it applies to the US, only seeing it from European golf outlets.

honma wins.jpg

If you buy a set of Honma irons before March 31st and Justin Rose, or any other player using Honma irons wins at Augusta, you get your money back. Not sure if it applies to the US, only seeing it from European golf outlets.

View attachment 37598

that's really freaking cool. and this image is a nice reminder of how beautiful these irons really are.

Cool looking Honma/Rose irons.
arctic-22-770x480.png

Back