Justin Rose to Honma?

Im pretty sure I saw mention of a 747 line, so could this coincide?

Justin Rose to Honma?

Or.....he looks around and says I got to #1 in the OWGR this year, I won the Fedex Cup, and I'm turning 40 in a couple of years. I'm probably not going to get any bigger than I am right now, I'm going to cash in off of that. I understand it, but it's a very curious move when he has had so much success with his current setup over the past 2 years.

Throwing a ton of money at a tour pro is also going against the current industry trends, IMO. The #1 company in golf right now doesn't have a player in the top 15 of the OWGR playing their equipment. They got to the top by making the best product for the common golfer and marketing it that way. Having a top tour guy playing their stuff isn't going to change the impression that Honma gear is really expensive and hard to find. They could change that more by making a big push into golf stores and fitting centers as well as advertising that their gear can be affordable as well. Just my opinion of course, enjoy the conversation.

You don’t think Callaway threw a ton of money at Phil (and others like Sergio) even though they are outside of top 15 currently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed with fup that it may in part be due to TM trimming it's staff budget. I like the move a lot for Honma because, although Rose alone won't move the product, it gets the brand a LOT of quality airtime and recognition. Honma needs that imo. And he seems to fit the branding, as I've always considered him a non-polarizing, classy and likable person. This is a big get.

I'm mostly curious if this is Honma going "all in" on Rose, or if this is just the first domino to fall in King's overall plan.

Interesting move and one that seems like it will work for both Rose and Homna.

Why do you say that re: him putting Honma clubs in play?

Not sure but I see him as modest/clean cut player who is not into blings or high end equipment type of player. I see him as blade player without a gold plated logo all over the equipment. I could picture him playing TourWorld lines but when I picture Honma club I see Bere lines with 24k gold plates.
Like I said Honma could develop a set for him but how many Honma buyers can even play his type of iron. I see Honma clubs alot in my area and they are all into blings.
Honma is very popular in Asian tour but not PGA or even Europe. We are much more conservative.
It’s just my opinion. Probably don’t even matters lol

Not sure but I see him as modest/clean cut player who is not into blings or high end equipment type of player. I see him as blade player without a gold plated logo all over the equipment. I could picture him playing TourWorld lines but when I picture Honma club I see Bere lines with 24k gold plates.
Like I said Honma could develop a set for him but how many Honma buyers can even play his type of iron. I see Honma clubs alot in my area and they are all into blings.
Honma is very popular in Asian tour but not PGA or even Europe. We are much more conservative.
It’s just my opinion. Probably don’t even matters lol

The tour world line is super clean, and I’m guessing that’s what he would be putting into play.

Everything from blades to a pocket cavity I. The irons.

I think corporations sponsoring tournaments, as well as particular players, is sometimes about the company CEO wanting to rub shoulders with, and,or, play some rounds of golf with particular player (s).

No it’s usually they would rather give that money to an event than to pay it to the government in ridiculous corporate taxes

The tour world line is super clean, and I’m guessing that’s what he would be putting into play.

Everything from blades to a pocket cavity I. The irons.

Yep, the TW line has it all.

Unless he wears clothes and hats with Honma on it most won't even realize he switched.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

is it though? They still have Tiger, Rory, DJ, Day and Rahm. Plus a ton more who game just their driver or woods.

He was cheap and was performing well. Honestly, I don't think anything is more valuable than Tiger though you are right there. I wonder how long Tiger and Rory will stick around.

You don’t think Callaway threw a ton of money at Phil (and others like Sergio) even though they are outside of top 15 currently?

Phil gets paid a lot less then you think and I am pretty sure Sergio was had for a deal as well. No one is getting $10 million a year contracts anymore unless your name is Tiger Woods.

They are in the early stages of a North America market push it seems, so getting one of the top players in the world to showcase their clubs being in contention every weekend seems to be the best possibly marketing they could hope to achieve.

This is correct. Kind of crazy to think they have only had an office in the US for 9 months.

Honma's Tour World line is right in line with pretty much every other brand's "enthusiast" line. I don't think they compete in that $699-$799 space, but the forged irons are "normal" price.

I believe their last TW line launched at $1199, which is a bit less than the P Series irons.

Unless he wears clothes and hats with Honma on it most won't even realize he switched.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Were I him I’d be excited to get the Honma hat and bag. The mole in the hole logo is fantastic.

This is intriguing and the reason why I made my first trip to Honma's website. But, this move alone will not make me buy a Honma club.

This is intriguing and the reason why I made my first trip to Honma's website. But, this move alone will not make me buy a Honma club.

the irons are awesome. i haven't hit the other categories of clubs.

I've been a fan of their irons based on looks and reviews here alone. I've had Ebay auctions for TW737V irons sets on my watch list going on J40 CB proportions.

I absolutely loved the driver and hybrid Ddec reviewed. And the Beres woods are ridiculous.

I've been a fan of their irons based on looks and reviews here alone. I've had Ebay auctions for TW737V irons sets on my watch list going on J40 CB proportions.

I have the 737v in the bag right now so if you want a comparison shot with anything let me know. And if you want to give them a test run once the season ends up north I’m happy to send them down your way.

This is very surprising to me.

He was cheap and was performing well. Honestly, I don't think anything is more valuable than Tiger though you are right there. I wonder how long Tiger and Rory will stick around.

If I recall correctly, both Rory and Tiger signed 10 year deals

Justin Rose to Honma?

This is really cool and something that is going to be exciting to follow. Honma getting some name recognition and tour validity seems like a good move on their part sense they are trying to break into the American market.

Honma is losing mpeterson at the end of the year to the Grandaddy, but I'm not sure that this signing makes up for that. :act-up:

It'll be interesting to see how obvious it is that Rose has made the move to a different company.

I like this move. Rose is pretty solid and will be good for some tv time. Not super splashy but solid. I think it’s a good match.

I’m hoping they market him right and it works out for them.

My thought is the Mark King relationship.

I wonder how much of a step back he takes getting adjusted to the equipment

Back