Justin Rose to Honma?

Justin Rose to Honma?

I think the Homna are better looking

b23c91b6773a73d6b32dd639bfc339b9.jpg

Damn those Rose Protos look good! It should be really interesting to see how he does with all new gear in 2019, mainly with a new top end of the bag.

Seems to happen more often than not. If you spend your entire career (or at least a long period) with a brand it has to be a big adjustment. I seem to think Sergio's struggles this year was because of his switch to Callaway. He didn't play well at all until the Ryder Cup.
I think there's a difference between signing yourself to a huge brand where you're one more player and being effectively the brands only representative on tour. Honma will spare no expense making sure Rose is happy as can be when he's effectively the only fish in their pond.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think there's a difference between signing yourself to a huge brand where you're one more player and being effectively the brands only representative on tour. Honma will spare no expense making sure Rose is happy as can be when he's effectively the only fish in their pond.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BINGO!

He's their face for Europe and America for now.

Just wishing he takes the headcovers off the big sticks in the bag as that is where the money really is

Excited for Honma. Great to get this company some exposure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting to see the pictures from Kapalua and Paul Casey is playing Honma irons in the practice rounds. Different model from the Rose protos though.

Interesting to see the pictures from Kapalua and Paul Casey is playing Honma irons in the practice rounds. Different model from the Rose protos though.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally seems they're going all in.

And I also see he’s wearing bonobos clothing! Best fitting golf pants and shorts on the market.

And I also see he’s wearing bonobos clothing! Best fitting golf pants and shorts on the market.

Owned by Walmart too.

Owned by Walmart too.

For online sales. Walmart purchased bonobos to build off the backend and get into online business more.

You cannot buy bonobos in any Walmart and they have done a good job keeping the bonobos brand separate. Best golf pants I've ever owned to the point that I wear them most days.

For online sales. Walmart purchased bonobos to build off the backend and get into online business more.

You cannot buy bonobos in any Walmart and they have done a good job keeping the bonobos brand separate. Best golf pants I've ever owned to the point that I wear them most days.

Wear mine to work every day. Nice to have odd sizes and any length. I like this move a lot.

I definitely didn’t say otherwise. Interesting factoid is all. I think their stuff is okay. I used to like it more, but I think some of the other brands, especially bottoms have not only caught up but passed.

Is Justin still using a Flat Cat on his putter?

Honma driver in the bag, eh?

Oh wow, is that the word?

That's what photos from a event yesterday (or the day before?) are showing. Though I wonder if it's just for a press event.

That's what photos from a event yesterday (or the day before?) are showing. Though I wonder if it's just for a press event.

They had their launch event yesterday. The pics I saw had headcovers on the woods, I didn’t see any pics showing the woods themselves so I’m guessing it’s what we see with others like Mizuno that have to use their main sponsors covers but that’s not what’s underneath. I’ve hrard he’s going to be using TM woods for a bit but have also heard he has their eoods

Right now he is in the testing phase with the new Honma woods. Speaking to them two days ago, they like what they have in place with the new lineup and think it is a good fit for JR (yes that sounds exactly what you would expect them to say). They let go a number of people internally as Mark builds his team and set this event up instead. Playing to some of the media that will be out there already for the Torrey event, rather than PGA Show on this coast. Sadly with being out there 2 and 4 weeks ago, we were not able to go (they sent cool invites), but have spoken in depth to them about this since we held that story for far too long : )

They had their launch event yesterday. The pics I saw had headcovers on the woods, I didn’t see any pics showing the woods themselves so I’m guessing it’s what we see with others like Mizuno that have to use their main sponsors covers but that’s not what’s underneath. I’ve hrard he’s going to be using TM woods for a bit but have also heard he has their eoods

Photos can be found with the covers off of the driver.

Right now he is in the testing phase with the new Honma woods. Speaking to them two days ago, they like what they have in place with the new lineup and think it is a good fit for JR (yes that sounds exactly what you would expect them to say). They let go a number of people internally as Mark builds his team and set this event up instead. Playing to some of the media that will be out there already for the Torrey event, rather than PGA Show on this coast. Sadly with being out there 2 and 4 weeks ago, we were not able to go (they sent cool invites), but have spoken in depth to them about this since we held that story for far too long : )

That's really interesting to hear that they're not really focusing on the show in regards to the Rose news.

Photos can be found with the covers off of the driver.

That's really interesting to hear that they're not really focusing on the show in regards to the Rose news.

I’ve seen pics of them without covers but with the various speculations out there and basically confirmed by jb I figured it was more of just showing them off and what they had at the launch they didn’t want to have the covers off with no Honma in there but then again the covers look cool so it showcased them too

I’ve seen pics of them without covers but with the various speculations out there and basically confirmed by jb I figured it was more of just showing them off and what they had at the launch they didn’t want to have the covers off with no Honma in there but then again the covers look cool so it showcased them too

Will be interesting to see what he shows up with at Torry. I suspect it will be Honma, but who knows for how long they'll stay in place.

No way they let him walk up to the first tee at Torry with a TM driver in hand, do they?

Will be interesting to see what he shows up with at Torry. I suspect it will be Honma, but who knows for how long they'll stay in place.

No way they let him walk up to the first tee at Torry with a TM driver in hand, do they?

We're not going to have to wait that long, he's in the field in Palm Springs this week.

We're not going to have to wait that long, he's in the field in Palm Springs this week.

I may or may not have picked him in fantasy yesterday and didn't make the connection.

Ignore me. I'll show myself out.

Back