Justin Rose to Honma?

So much for completely falling off after switching gear. Hasn’t really seemed to miss a beat so far

So Rose is done with TM and Adidas.
What's he doing for apparel and shoes now?
(Apologize if this was answered already).

Bonobos on apparel, not sure on shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has two TaylorMade fairways and golf ball in the bag right now.

Honma losing some marketing people over here is pretty apparent with lack of digital stuff going out.

I asked last week if they would be expediting the 747 lineup into stores since most of Roses stuff is not available.

He has two TaylorMade fairways and golf ball in the bag right now.
I assumed incorrectly that he was all Honma...besides the putter that is. That's what I get for skimming.

I'd watch out for him at the Majors this season if this week is any indication.

Honma losing some marketing people over here is pretty apparent with lack of digital stuff going out.

I asked last week if they would be expediting the 747 lineup into stores since most of Roses stuff is not available.

They’re missing a huge opportunity right now.

No, they aren’t going to become a market share leader, but what Rosey is a doing is a change for them to legitimize themselves in the minds of many.

They’re missing a huge opportunity right now.

No, they aren’t going to become a market share leader, but what Rosey is a doing is a change for them to legitimize themselves in the minds of many.

I was chatting with a few people about that earlier and that was kind of the consensus. Especially the driver! MB irons and wedges are what they are, but they way he kept up with his playing partners throughout the tournament with the Honma driver in the bag is something I wasn’t expecting honestly.

Also, the logo on the bottom of his staff bag was sick!

I was chatting with a few people about that earlier and that was kind of the consensus. Especially the driver! MB irons and wedges are what they are, but they way he kept up with his playing partners throughout the tournament with the Honma driver in the bag is something I wasn’t expecting honestly.

Also, the logo on the bottom of his staff bag was sick!

Had some interesting conversations about this brand over the last week and there are lots of changes still to come. I don't think even they expect to sell a ton of drivers this year, as finding them is rather hard still (current line), but growth was really strong early last year, then tapered off a bit. Certainly Rose is not going to hurt the brand, it will definitely help.

Had some interesting conversations about this brand over the last week and there are lots of changes still to come. I don't think even they expect to sell a ton of drivers this year, as finding them is rather hard still (current line), but growth was really strong early last year, then tapered off a bit. Certainly Rose is not going to hurt the brand, it will definitely help.

This was my stance from the beginning.

No, his signing is not going to catapult them to the top tier of the industry, but it can’t hurt them either. It’s a win that he’s playing the clubs, it’s a win that the logo is visible on tv, it’s a win that they actually have talked about the club change some on broadcasts. All wins.

Justin Rose to Honma?

I’m pretty sure Honma is very happy with their decision to pay him whatever it was....immediate brand recognition and validation to the public. Interested to see if and how much their needle moves over the next 12-24 months. Happy for a brand like this!

Yeah, there’s no way he’s gonna do anything but help them out. Just getting the brand out there and visible is a major win. Getting the gear available for consumers is gonna be tough for them, like most other OEM’s in that space. Hopefully they gain some traction because more options is always a good thing.

Yeah, there’s no way he’s gonna do anything but help them out. Just getting the brand out there and visible is a major win. Getting the gear available for consumers is gonna be tough for them, like most other OEM’s in that space. Hopefully they gain some traction because more options is always a good thing.

The interesting part is that they are so behind on the marketing of the new line.
No Twitter since October, a tiny bit of Insta, Facebook way behind.
Media copy way behind. Heard from two retailers (one online and one B&M) and both said they have nothing on new gear as of yet outside of original info. Nothing new since Rose coming on, etc.

I have a feeling this all changes soon, but they just let go of their marketing coordinator a few weeks ago, so time will tell.

The interesting part is that they are so behind on the marketing of the new line.
No Twitter since October, a tiny bit of Insta, Facebook way behind.
Media copy way behind. Heard from two retailers (one online and one B&M) and both said they have nothing on new gear as of yet outside of original info. Nothing new since Rose coming on, etc.

I have a feeling this all changes soon, but they just let go of their marketing coordinator a few weeks ago, so time will tell.

I can’t believe they just let the marketing coordinator a few weeks ago and they haven’t had Twitter content since October, crazy! I see why...that’s something that definitely needs to be rectified ASAP! If they want to make any gains in the market anyway. They should be blowing up social after this win.

I have to imagine they are scrambling to remedy the lack of social outreach because, holy crap, could they ask for a better opportunity? Love the staff bag and the logo and hope this helps the company.

I believe you, but those look nothing like Adidas.
Agreed. Not to mention the black/blue combo was awful.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Agreed. Not to mention the black/blue combo was awful.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Was it this one?

5df0c187eeafd97bf1a04e918c8abfbe.jpg

Definitely time for Honma to leverage their investment in the undisputed top player in the world.

Definitely time for Honma to leverage their investment in the undisputed top player in the world.

Agreed. I did see them with an Instagram post last night, but, that was it. Missed opportunity at the start of a new season!

I don't like the golf marketing claims of products winning tournaments ("ball x won 3 times last month" or "Acme shaft wins again" vs "product x was used to win"), but to not capitalize on this is a marketing sin. The irons may be too much sauce for most of us, but there has to be a lot of people intrigued by the driver when they weren't before. Honma marketing is just giving consumers a chance to forget about it. :banghead:

Back