Justin Rose to Honma?

That would be crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hearing rumours, but I can say based on what I have learned it is in fact true and will be announced early on in 2019.

Thoughts?

I mean that is HUGE for Honma. Absolutely massive.

I mean that is HUGE for Honma. Absolutely massive.

I was thinking that too. A guy like Rose, despite not being American, I think does have an impact on this market.

Would be a big get for Honma star power wise but I don’t see it helping them sell a ton more equipment if that’s there angle. He must have gotten an offer he couldn’t refuse.

The money he would get from that deal must be massive for him to leave TM considering he's been with that company since he turned pro, which is around 20 years ago!

Would be a big get for Honma star power wise but I don’t see it helping them sell a ton more equipment if that’s there angle. He must have gotten an offer he couldn’t refuse.

I think landing a guy who is in perennially in contention for #1 player of the world could have a sizable impact on sales. If Tour Pros playing clubs didn't have an impact on equipment sales then there would be no reason for brands to pay the money they do to have pros play their clubs.

I think landing a guy who is in perennially in contention for #1 player of the world could have a sizable impact on sales. If Tour Pros playing clubs didn't have an impact on equipment sales then there would be no reason for brands to pay the money they do to have pros play their clubs.

Do you know how expensive these clubs are?

The money he would get from that deal must be massive for him to leave TM considering he's been with that company since he turned pro, which is around 20 years ago!

Or....And I am just speaking in generalities, the money is similar and he likes the equipment.
Or....the money is similar and he wants to be the focus point of the marketing, which helps his personal brand.
Or...the money is similar and he wants to work with Mark King again

Its always easy to label it just a money deal, but honestly there are usually far more moving pieces than just that piece alone.

So this is like Bubba going to Volvik right except I think in this case, this might be Taylormade thinning it's "Herd" like they did with Sergio.
Maybe Justin has a good relationship with the Mark King.

The Homna product is good.

Do you know how expensive these clubs are?

Outside of the Beres line, all of their other clubs are priced for the mass market.

Justin Rose to Honma?

Really cool get for Honma who, imho isn’t all that concerned with changing the price of their equipment to help sales. However, brand awareness is invaluable in the high end club market. This “could” make some waves in that market specifically just like PXG has done. Also nice to see pros looking outside the box

I think corporations sponsoring tournaments, as well as particular players, is sometimes about the company CEO wanting to rub shoulders with, and,or, play some rounds of golf with particular player (s).

Sort of cool. Find it interesting when guys or ladies step outside of the big 4-5 manufacturers.

I know Honma was planning to make a splash into the US market. Doing something like this goes a long way.

Plus their product is fantastic.

I think corporations sponsoring tournaments, as well as particular players, is sometimes about the company CEO wanting to rub shoulders with, and,or, play some rounds of golf with particular player (s).

CEOs more worried about that than their bottom line get replaced pretty quickly haha.

I wonder if he'll be playing a Honma driver.

Personally, without factoring in anything else, JR playing honma makes me consider the brand more now than ever. So yes I think it’s a solid direction for them to go in.

Justin Rose to Honma?

Exactly this. Average joe golfer and Sunday golf viewer have NO clue what Honma is. Instant recognition and curiosity when a top 5 player puts on a hat and plays their gear. I think this is gamechanging for Honma and allows them to tell their story to a much larger potential audience.

Outside of the Beres line, all of their other clubs are priced for the mass market.

Until I start seeing Honma in the bags of people in the Bay Area and other parts of the state I will agree to disagree that this helps them sell a significant amount of clubs.

Or....And I am just speaking in generalities, the money is similar and he likes the equipment.
Or....the money is similar and he wants to be the focus point of the marketing, which helps his personal brand.
Or...the money is similar and he wants to work with Mark King again

Its always easy to label it just a money deal, but honestly there are usually far more moving pieces than just that piece alone.

Or TaylorMade is trimming the stable again? Out of their 5 stars he's odd man out if they are focusing on bombers.

Huge for Honma. Read about this a couple of weeks ago, I think its exciting for them, and unsurprising given relationships and the new leadership at Honma.

Talk about a headline if you're trying to create buzz in a market push. Reigning FedEx Cup winner choosing their equipment. I think he would be a great face for the brand and fits their style well and finally get the attention of a brand that he deserves with his accolades.

Nike couldn't sell clubs and they had Tiger and Rory in their best years.

Or TaylorMade is trimming the stable again? Out of their 5 stars he's odd man out if they are focusing on bombers.

Is that their goal? Or are they going for the top of the rankings?

If TaylorMade's goal is to have all the super human dudes on tour... I think they are doing it very wrong.

Back