Will Lydia Ko Return to Greatness?

Watched Lydia @cme she is so close to great rounds. It's one mistake that kills her momentum. She will sort it out!

Speaking to someone this morning (hence the reason for 2 LPGA threads) and this one stood out. So far in 2019 she has had

Tied for 42nd
Tied for 44th
Tied for 13th
Tied for 8th
Tied for 11th
Tied for 19th
Missed Cut
Solo 8th

The stats in the first post haven't changed obviously. So is this the new norm? Just another in the long line of dominant for a short period and then the next one moves into the place.

It's crazy to see her stuck at this level and not really compete for a win in quite some time. I think this is probably her new norm. Life is going to get busier and I would think golf will take a back seat as that happens. It would be tough for her to get back on top as time goes by.

She's still really young, I'd imagine that has a lot to do with it. I'd say if she wants to dominate again, she will. Getting out from under her parents is a big part of that.

I was looking at this year's schedule as a result of the other thread, and saw she was the defending champion for this week's event. I didn't recognize who it was until I read the name.

lydia ko.jpg

Is the run over?
This week she shot 76 and 80 to finish 2nd to last only to Laura Davies.
Last week she was +9 and missed the cut.
Last 10 events she has two top 10s and zero top 5s.

No wins since April of 2018.

Is the run over?

Is this a “swing makeover” or is she that much of a PITA as seems to be rumored?

Maybe too much too soon and she quit caring?

Is this a “swing makeover” or is she that much of a PITA as seems to be rumored?

Maybe too much too soon and she quit caring?

It’s kind of always been a makeover right? Since sponsor change, she has gone through a lot of “changes”, but only one win since that equipment deal I believe and none since April of 2018 has to make you think.

Ton more money, leave a lack of desire? Changes to compensate for something? Just lose it?

It’s kind of always been a makeover right? Since sponsor change, she has gone through a lot of “changes”, but only one win since that equipment deal I believe and none since April of 2018 has to make you think.

Ton more money, leave a lack of desire? Changes to compensate for something? Just lose it?

I know the split with her swing coach (can’t remember his name right now) seemed to be a push from her parents and them trying to control her career.

Either way I just don’t see the passion or desire to play golf on an elegir level anymore.

Some are of the opinion Leadbetter ruined her, I don’t know. I hope she returns to form though. Desire may be wanting right now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I often wondered about the drive when she made that statement. Such a great and dominant player. The question is for me is she generational or like many times on the LPGA, great for a stretch of time and then falls back to the pack.

Same can be said for Michelle Wie and Lexi Thompson

Definitely D-O-N-E

Will Lydia Ko Return to Greatness?

Same can be said for Michelle Wie and Lexi Thompson

How? Neither of those players were ever close to Ko in results and Lexi has won this year, last year and twice in 2017.

Ko won 9 times in 15/16 including 2 majors and number one in the world.

Think she reached her peak earlier., the game she once has is gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think she is done. She can still have a few great tournaments but there is so much LPGA talent that she can’t come back and be dominant again.

Watching her at Hazeltine she seemed at a big distance advantage to many of the better players. I think the LPGA is already starting to trend like the PGA where distance matters more and more. Even if she does get the consistency back it will be harder and harder to compete for wins week in and week out.

Also wander what effect the changes in her body have had....So skinny right now.....

Too many changes over the past few years. Like she is constantly searching for something. Unfortunately for her, the searches have not yielded the desired results. I do not think she ever returns to her previous dominance.

Looks like she is done for now. Needs to push the reset button and get rid of the parental influence to get her head right. That probably won’t happen, so doneski.

Any thoughts on the correlation between Lydia's PXG signing and her decline and Zach Johnson's PXG signing and his decline?

Is the run over?

Sadly 2020 has picked up where the last few years have left off.
Shot 74 and 73 and missed the cut in her only tournament of the year so far.

Almost incomprehensible to me to see this big of a fall off

She and Yani can hang out and talk about the old times.

How many times on the LPGA tour have we seen the great golfer fail to return to their previous high leevel of play once they have fallen? Just seems like it is a tour of prolonged hot streaks and then just kind of being there.

It all started when she left Callaway didn't it? I can't imagine it strictly had to to with equipment but it seems to definitely have played a role at least

Is it? I mean remember Yani Tseng? She was number one for over 100 weeks and had something like 5 or 6 majors in a 3-4 year period. Then poof....

Back