Your most likely first time major winner for 2019

obedt

Reaction score
Handicap
Creciendo
In 2018, with Patrick Reed winning the Masters and Francesco Molinari doing the same at The Open Championship we had 2 first time winners. Neither one would have probably been on many "most likely" lists heading into the beginning of the year, which shows how futile this question really is but here we go-

Who are your most likely first time major winners for the new year? As a little bonus, in the spirit of 2018, let's pick a North American plus someone from outside our neck of the woods.

American: Finau
Euro: Fleetwood

Can’t wait to follow along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say Bryson for North America. Tommy Fleetwood for the other.

Fleetwood was the first name that came to mind as well; looks like he'll be a popular pick. Love his swing

Fleetwood was the first name that came to mind as well; looks like he'll be a popular pick. Love his swing

I love the way he goes after the ball and the lightness in his attitude. Listened to a lot of interviews with him last year and he’s quickly become my favorite player.

In 2018, with Patrick Reed winning the Masters and Francesco Molinari doing the same at The Open Championship we had 2 first time winners. Neither one would have probably been on many "most likely" lists heading into the beginning of the year, which shows how futile this question really is but here we go-

Who are your most likely first time major winners for the new year? As a little bonus, in the spirit of 2018, let's pick a North American plus someone from outside our neck of the woods.

American: Bryson

Euro: Tyrrell Hatton

Fowler and Matsuyama.

Cameron Champ

DeChambeau and Fleetwood. Both had good years last year and should improve this year.

Keep and eye on Cameron Champ.

Rickie Fowler, but I don't think it happens until The Open championship. I also think he'll be the only first time major winner this year.

If I'm going to take a flier on a euro, I'll take Rahm. He's gaining experience at Augusta, and Bethpage might be a good fit for his game.

Another vote for Fleetwood and Bryson.

DeChambeau and Fleetwood. Both had good years last year and should improve this year.

Keep and eye on Cameron Champ.

Pretty much this exactly.

Kuchar.

Finau was the first name to come to mind for me. For a player outside of the US I think I give the nod to Fleetwood.

Fowler finally gets it done, and Fleetwood.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’d have to go with Bryson and Rahm, either of this guys has a shot to win almost any tournament their in. They’re both a bit temperamental, but I don’t think of them as guys that choke in big moments either.

Hard choice between Bryson and maybe champ.

Non American? Fleetwood is the only one who comes to mind.

@oitw, hatton? Cmon man haha. Dude is a bit short between the ears.

Fowler and Fleetwood. Fowler just because I like him and want him to finally come through, Fleetwood because I love his game and attitude.

American: Finau
Euro: Fleetwood

Can’t wait to follow along

those are my two picks, I'd love to see these two guys win

Fowler for me!

Fowler/Rahm.... git 'er done!!!

John Rham and Ricky Fowler get it done this year

I like the Finau and Fleetwood pics, I think.

Fowler is a hopeful, but for some reason, I don't see him getting it done. I'd love to see him hoist the hardware, don't get me wrong, but I can't envision it.

Cameron Champ would be a story, that's for sure.

One thing is true, it's gonna be tougher this year since Tiger is gonna pick up one of them and that'll only leave 3 for the first timers to pick from. :)

Back