2019 THP Fantasy Golf - Open for Signups

Early fantasy leaderboard is looking good for the #derbyduffers right now KY Golfer . Let's make this hold in 3 weeks!

Duffer Waldorf;n8877876 said:
Early fantasy leaderboard is looking good for the #derbyduffers right now KY Golfer . Let's make this hold in 3 weeks!

Let's do it.

Fantasy wise I'm always near the top day 1 and near the bottom on Sunday afternoon. LOL!

Switching out Matsuyama, Glover, and Kokrak for Reed, Molinari, and Lowry late on Wednesday is not looking so hot right now.

Congrats BoilerCLE for the awesome win this year! Hopefully you do a better job than I did this year following up your win next year. Enjoy your trip to the TE HQ and the spoils that come with it!!

Sox_Fan;n8880630 said:
Congrats BoilerCLE for the awesome win this year! Hopefully you do a better job than I did this year following up your win next year. Enjoy your trip to the TE HQ and the spoils that come with it!!

Different prize this year Sox_Fan.

Congrats BoilerCLE , really impressive win! As a long-time Tour Edge guy, I am really envious.

Congrats on the win! I kept creeping close, but never had a shot. It was a fun season.

Congrats on the win. Winning any fantasy league is tough, but winning the THP league with that many players including the amount of tournaments you had to pick well. Great job !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats BoilerCLE it has been a dominant year for you!!!

JB;n8880636 said:
Different prize this year Sox_Fan.
Missed that but a full bag prize is absolutely amazing!

Thanks everyone! I had an incredibly lucky stretch in the middle of the year and was able to hang on at the end. I'll credit the shortened year for my win...I'm convinced that if we had 4 or 5 more weeks that someone was going to catch me!

@SoxFan - super jealous of your trip last year - you must have left quite an impression for them to not do it again :D. Just kidding - it's actually a good thing that there's no trip this year...I'm in the middle of relocating and it would have been pretty tough to fit it in this year.

Now back to my Tour Edge research...

Congrats Boiler! Solid all year long man. Well done

Congrats on your win!!

Just spent the whole day perusing the Tour Edge site...man they've got a good lineup. Can't wait to hit these things!

BoilerCLE;n8889893 said:
Just spent the whole day perusing the Tour Edge site...man they've got a good lineup. Can't wait to hit these things!

Congrats!!

Congrats boiler!! That’s exciting right there

Congrats boilercle. Well deserved, have fun with the new equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!

As a guy that typically replaces clubs every 5-6 years (usually one club at a time), it was a shock to the system to get a whole bag of Cobra's earlier this year at the Morgan Cup. I've never been a "tinkerer" due to money limitations, so I would usually fit my swing to whatever clubs I could afford or had around. So, you can imagine how excited I was to somehow win this contest and get a set of Tour Edge's - for the first time in my life, I have two sets of clubs that are better than anything I've ever had before and I can mix and match to my heart's content! I'm definitely starting to catch the equipment bug. Also, I must say that I absolutely do not deserve any of this, so I'd like to thank JB, Tour Edge, and everyone on this forum for being the best community in golf and providing opportunities way beyond anything I could have ever dreamed up. Oh, and this was all in my FIRST year in the Albatross Club…if you haven't joined the Albatross Club yet, just do it!

Anyway, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I received my clubs last month and they're gorgeous! Great looking clubs that I can't wait to get out on the course. The bad news? I've been so busy with my move to St. Louis that I haven't had a chance to take them out to the range or even get them setup to take good pictures yet ("you better have all of our dishes unpacked and pictures hung up before you start playing with another set of clubs" - this was never officially said in my household, but was implied by a "look" as I giddily opened the package!). I suppose that's understandable, so it may take a few months to really get a feel for them. So to appease everyone’s appetite, here are the clubs I ended up with (as a reminder, I had my choice of anything in the Exotics line)...

Driver: EXS, 10.5*, MCA Tensei CK Blue 2G 60, S-Flex
FW #3: CBX 119, 15*, Evenflow Blue 65, S-Flex
FW #5: CBX 119, 18*, Evenflow Blue 65, S-Flex
Hybrid: CBX 119, 20*, Evenflow Blue 85, S-Flex
Irons: CBX Forged Irons, 4i – PW, .75” long, True Temper XP 95, S-Flex
Wedge: CBX 50*, standard
Wedge: CBX 56*, standard
Wedge: CBX 60*, standard

I actually also received CBX 54* earlier in the year due to winning one of the segments, so I definitely have some good options! What am I going to do with them? Well, my dad is currently playing some old wedges and woods, so he’s going to be getting some nice Christmas presents ? Meanwhile, I’m super excited to play around with the hybrid and try to fill a gap in my current set, while the irons are going to be a blast to compare and contrast with the Cobra FTBs.

I’ve played fantasy golf for a while now, so I know for a fact how lucky I was and that I’m just as likely to finish in last place next year. It was really great competing with all of you…can’t wait to see who takes me down in 2020!

Back