2019 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Am

He's not even an option...

They put most of the big names (including Choi) on Pebble on Saturday for CBS. Since all of the featured groups are on Pebble we're stuck with picking between some interesting groups.

Vaughn Taylor & David Duval here we come!

booooooh, demanding a refund immediately

12:17 tee time for Choi

He's not even an option...

They put most of the big names (including Choi) on Pebble on Saturday for CBS. Since all of the featured groups are on Pebble we're stuck with picking between some interesting groups.

Vaughn Taylor & David Duval here we come!

Yuck. Do not like.

This is what I am seeing online

THURSDAY

Tony Finau (17) – The first PGA TOUR player of Tongan and Samoan descent, Finau is finished in the FedExCup Top 30 three years running.
Scott Piercy (22) – Already has two top-10 finishes this season, and is coming off a T20 at the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
Round 1 tee time: 11:11 a.m. ET (8:11 a.m. local)

Brandt Snedeker (23) – Two-time winner at Pebble has four of nine TOUR wins in California and was T2 at Safeway Open in the fall.
Matthew Fitzpatrick (--) One of the fastest-rising young stars in Europe, the Englishman is making his first PGA TOUR start of the season.
Round 1 tee time: 12:06 p.m. ET (9:06 a.m. local)

Additional bonus coverage from other courses:

Jordan Spieth / Dustin Johnson (Monterey Peninsula)

Phil Mickelson / Patrick Reed (Monterey Peninsula)

FRIDAY

Hunter Mahan (103) – Six-time TOUR winner is on the comeback trail after playing his way through Web.com Tour Finals last season.
Jim Furyk (122) – Only man on TOUR with two sub-60 rounds will partner with CBS football analyst and former Cowboys QB Tony Romo.
Round 1 tee time: 12:17 p.m. ET (9:17 a.m. local)

FAN VOTE FRIDAY CHOICES:

11:33AM/ET – Vaughn Taylor / David Duval (Off 10th Tee)

12:50PM/ET – Cameron Champ / Brice Garnett (Off 1st Tee)

12:50PM/ET – Adam Hadwin / Ben Crane (Off 10th Tee)

Phil Mickelson / Patrick Reed (Spyglass Hill)

Jerry Kelly / Ho Sung Choi (Spyglass Hill)

Jordan Spieth / Dustin Johnson (Spyglass Hill)

SATURDAY

Jordan Spieth (182) – AT&T ambassador looking to bounce back at a place where he has six top-25 finishes in six starts, including a win in 2017.
Dustin Johnson (81) – Two-time winner here in ’09 and ’10 has finished outside the top 10 just three times in 11 starts. Coming off a win in Europe.
Round 1 tee time: 1:55 p.m. ET (10:55 a.m. local)

Phil Mickelson (40) – Started fast at Safeway Open and Desert Classic this season. Would tie Mark O’Meara with a fifth victory at Pebble Beach.
Patrick Reed (46) – Masters champ isn’t far off with T13 finishes at Farmers Insurance Open and Sony Open in Hawaii.
Round 1 tee time: 12:39 p.m. ET (9:39 a.m. local)

booooooh, demanding a refund immediately

Yuck. Do not like.

I hear you, but honestly after a while this sort of thing becomes almost perverse fun watching the featured groups. At least for me, it's really interesting watching a relatively no-name pro who doesn't have his swing at the moment shooting a 70 on a bad day.

yes, i'm sure the fans got together and agreed that they would rather watch who-pissed-in-my-cereal scott piercy and babyface fitzpatrick instead of spieth, dj, phil and captn america. what?!

This is what I am seeing online

THURSDAY

Tony Finau (17) – The first PGA TOUR player of Tongan and Samoan descent, Finau is finished in the FedExCup Top 30 three years running.
Scott Piercy (22) – Already has two top-10 finishes this season, and is coming off a T20 at the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
Round 1 tee time: 11:11 a.m. ET (8:11 a.m. local)

Brandt Snedeker (23) – Two-time winner at Pebble has four of nine TOUR wins in California and was T2 at Safeway Open in the fall.
Matthew Fitzpatrick (--) One of the fastest-rising young stars in Europe, the Englishman is making his first PGA TOUR start of the season.
Round 1 tee time: 12:06 p.m. ET (9:06 a.m. local)

Jordan Spieth / Dustin Johnson (Monterey Peninsula)

Phil Mickelson / Patrick Reed (Monterey Peninsula)

FRIDAY

Hunter Mahan (103) – Six-time TOUR winner is on the comeback trail after playing his way through Web.com Tour Finals last season.
Jim Furyk (122) – Only man on TOUR with two sub-60 rounds will partner with CBS football analyst and former Cowboys QB Tony Romo.
Round 1 tee time: 12:17 p.m. ET (9:17 a.m. local)

FAN VOTE FRIDAY CHOICES:

11:33AM/ET – Vaughn Taylor / David Duval (Off 10th Tee)

12:50PM/ET – Cameron Champ / Brice Garnett (Off 1st Tee)

12:50PM/ET – Adam Hadwin / Ben Crane (Off 10th Tee)

Phil Mickelson / Patrick Reed (Spyglass Hill)

Jerry Kelly / Ho Sung Choi (Spyglass Hill)

Jordan Spieth / Dustin Johnson (Spyglass Hill)

SATURDAY

Jordan Spieth (182) – AT&T ambassador looking to bounce back at a place where he has six top-25 finishes in six starts, including a win in 2017.
Dustin Johnson (81) – Two-time winner here in ’09 and ’10 has finished outside the top 10 just three times in 11 starts. Coming off a win in Europe.
Round 1 tee time: 1:55 p.m. ET (10:55 a.m. local)

Phil Mickelson (40) – Started fast at Safeway Open and Desert Classic this season. Would tie Mark O’Meara with a fifth victory at Pebble Beach.
Patrick Reed (46) – Masters champ isn’t far off with T13 finishes at Farmers Insurance Open and Sony Open in Hawaii.
Round 1 tee time: 12:39 p.m. ET (9:39 a.m. local)

too much Phil, yuck

I really enjoyed NLU's take on the event - run a celebrity/highlights broadcast and a simultaneous pro tournament only broadcast on Golf Channel. Hearing that suggestion kind of made me realize that I don't really enjoy watching this event all that much before Sunday afternoon.

That being said, of course I'll watch it and I hope there's some good drama coming down the stretch that makes me take it all back.

To me, watching golf is different than watching team sports. I have a team to root for before the game even starts. With golf, I don't have a clear cut favorite. I usually wait till the final round then find myself pulling for someone. If Bubba, Tiger or Spieth are up there I usually pull for them. Otherwise I pull for the guys who are behind but within a couple strokes. I like to see drama of someone making a late run. I have my usual guys I don't want to see win. Reed would be one. Sergio is another.

Yeah, we are live! About to get my Finau on!

I wish I could have Piercy's tempo. Talk about silky.

Finau just stopped his tee shot in the fairway like he hit a wedge. NO roll out there today

Finau just stopped his tee shot in the fairway like he hit a wedge. NO roll out there today

it looked like Piercy's plugged also. Good that lift, clean and place is in play.

finau misses eagle by half an inch, the ole tap in birdie

finau misses eagle by half an inch, the ole tap in birdie

Really hoping Finau gets the win this week! It's supposed to get messy this weekend so it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Tony hits the ball so hard its silly.

DJ drains bomb for birdie on 2

DJ with the birdie and walking up like no big deal..

Oh crap today's Thursday, didn't even realize it starts golf days!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nice little US Open teaser this weekend. Gotta love it

Back