2019 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Am

That might be but you and Phil have very different swings. To say he won’t even look at bagging it until after the Masters says a lot to how much he was disappointed in it though. Clubs fit everyone different.

I guess. I played the TaylorMade M1 440 well into the following season because of how grooved I was with it, not because the new offerings were "disappointing"... It's all about what works and that man has put a ton of work into Rogue (which I couldn't hit at all lol).

Will be fun to see how he transitions as the year progresses.

Not a great look with Phil going with a 2nd and a win with the old driver and a MC with the new driver.

Is it that big of news? Plenty of pros transition at their own speed and I'm confident that many does use in line. Hell, Spieth hung onto old Titleist tech for a LONG time in the bag despite new products coming out (which were also very good). Can't mess with a good thing when millions are on the line.

Is it that big of news? Plenty of pros transition at their own speed and I'm confident that many does use in line. Hell, Spieth hung onto old Titleist tech for a LONG time in the bag despite new products coming out (which were also very good). Can't mess with a good thing when millions are on the line.

I agree there’s something with the rogue that absolutely works for him. But is there any one pro that means more for a company than Phil with Callaway? I honestly think the one week switch (along with the comments) is what makes it look really bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree there’s something with the rogue that absolutely works for him. But is there any one pro that means more for a company than Phil with Callaway? I honestly think the one week switch (along with the comments) is what makes it look really bad.

Good question.. Phil also changes putters too. I've always found him to be a bit finicky.

So he should jeopardize any chance he has to accommodate Phil? Solo 2nd is big money and FedEx points also. I don't understand those who are playing in the dark if they can move up in the standings. Is getting home tonight worth the thousands lost?

It's $300,000 difference between 2nd and 3rd. Have you ever tried putting with your eyes closed? The breaks and bumps on those greens playing blind would have been very costly... ask Piercy

Just watched the replay on Golf Channel... classic pedal to the metal Phil

"I can see fine" "we can finish 17 and I can tee off on 18... let's play 17 and see how it goes"

phil.png

Last edited:
Good to see Casey refuse to be bullied by Phil. He did exactly the right thing by marking his ball and waiting. Phil is favourite, but 17 is a tough hole and the drive on 18 is a test of courage. Spieth finished 4,7 in his first round on Pebble, and Phil is very capable of doing the same. If Casey finishes 3,4 and Phil 4,7, ……

If Piercy spent a lot of cash with a three put, why should Casey play in the dark…...

Good to see Casey refuse to be bullied by Phil. He did exactly the right thing by marking his ball and waiting. Phil is favourite, but 17 is a tough hole and the drive on 18 is a test of courage. Spieth finished 4,7 in his first round on Pebble, and Phil is very capable of doing the same. If Casey finishes 3,4 and Phil 4,7, ……

If Piercy spent a lot of cash with a three put, why should Casey play in the dark…...

I don’t know that I’d say that Phil bullied Casey, Phil certainly wanted to play 17, and didn’t hide his disappointment when he couldn’t but he said that Casey made the right call and was well within his rights to not want to finish. Phil wanted to finish because he was playing well, I don’t think telling the official that you want to finish is bullying.

"I can see fine" "we can finish 17 and I can tee off on 18... let's play 17 and see how it goes"

I think he is putting pressure on Casey , but Casey would have done the same if roles were reversed. The player with momentum wants to finish, the guy who is struggling wants to regroup...…...both players did nothing wrong.

I think he is putting pressure on Casey , but Casey would have done the same if roles were reversed. The player with momentum wants to finish, the guy who is struggling wants to regroup...…...both players did nothing wrong.

I’d say that’s accurate. They’re both trying to win, and looking for the advantage to do so.

We all know that a different Phil can show up on different days. He was playing well and righted his ship, he wanted to keep going as long as he could. Casey wanted to stop and re set....thats all

I was pretty pumped to see Casey stand his ground as well and not let Phil push him into continuing.

If one person isn’t gonna be bullied, it’s Paul Casey. If you want to talk about ***holes on tour, there’s one right there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like rogue til at least after Masters.
7921b9826839eadd4083e4d0f5865b35.jpg

Kudos to Phil for the brutal honesty about new equipment.

Kudos to Phil for the brutal honesty about new equipment.

Yeah, I heard that interview and my initial reaction was, "ruh roh." I'm curious if or when the Flash ends up back in his bag.

It seems that some of the angst related to release cycles is because, based on marketing, consumers feel like the expensive driver they bought the year before is now obsolete. Phil's comments and performance with the Rogue, though, should quell those concerns: The Rogue was a darn good driver last year, and it's a darn good driver this year. Just ask Phil.

It is amazing how finicky some of the pros can be, but I guess a lot of it has to do with their skill level and how they can feel the tiniest of differences. I recall hearing a story about DJ demonstrating the new M1 driver and the sliding weight. But after absolutely nutting one, he refused to move the weight on that particular driver because it had been set perfectly, and made them get him another one to test out.

Hulu Live loaded and ready to watch Phil try and finish this off.

Way to start phil!

And Casey with a good shot as well.

Two great shots to start out.

Hopefully Phil drains it for birdie.

I really thought one of those would drop!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Ok pars for both. On to 18 Phil 3 shot lead.

3 back with 1 to play feels like Phil is about to win.

Caseys big misread and then thought Phils was going in.

Just has to play smart, I would think Phil has it

Back