2019 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Am

Safe drives by Phil and Casey.

Phil lays up 2nd shot. Casey 245 to hole....second shot co.e up just short of green

And the dagger from Phil.

Phil 140 out...3rd shot..about 6ft or so from cup.

casey with the mistake leaving it short.

Caseys ball on sprinkler so he gets relief...3rd shot..putter from just off the green...blows by hole with 7ish ft left.

Casey 4th shot for par...drained it for 2nd place.

Phil for birdie...and slam dunk!

Congrats Phil.

Glad to see Phil get a win this early in the season.

could this be the year he captures the US Open?

Phil playing well early and turns 49 on the Sunday of the US Open this year where he just won. WOW. Hope it’s a career type of year for “Lefty”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phil had a nice interview at the end - said waiting until today was absolutely the right move and he thanked Casey for protecting both of them yesterday while Phil was in his "bubble".

Well done Phil! I’ll give it 30 minutes then head down to the FBO and give my congrats in person hopefully!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil had a nice interview at the end - said waiting until today was absolutely the right move and he thanked Casey for protecting both of them yesterday while Phil was in his "bubble".

YEs, Class move by the elder statesman. Making sure that the world knew he talked to Casey and said well done....

YEs, Class move by the elder statesman. Making sure that the world knew he talked to Casey and said well done....

Eh, I dunno about it being a class move. More likely he saw how much of a baby he looked like on TV and was doing damage control for his image.

Well done Phil! I’ll give it 30 minutes then head down to the FBO and give my congrats in person hopefully!

Tell him krispy said hello. He wont know who the hell you are talking about but it may be the closest I ever get to saying hello. Lol

Tell him krispy said hello. He wont know who the hell you are talking about but it may be the closest I ever get to saying hello. Lol

And tell him I said, "Duuuh huh!" He'll know what you mean.

I don’t know that I’d say that Phil bullied Casey, Phil certainly wanted to play 17, and didn’t hide his disappointment when he couldn’t but he said that Casey made the right call and was well within his rights to not want to finish. Phil wanted to finish because he was playing well, I don’t think telling the official that you want to finish is bullying.

I for one wanted Phil to stop and listen to reason. He could have screwed it all up in the dark and regretted it.
17 and 18 at Pebble Beach in low light / dark is close to insanity.

I just read that Phil thanked Paul Casey this morning for that.
For Paul Casey as well finishing clear second was worth a difference of $152K

Phil was on the other side of this in a major when they made them play in the dark, arguable helping Rory to win it, so I don't have any problem with him pushing to finish.

Eh, I dunno about it being a class move. More likely he saw how much of a baby he looked like on TV and was doing damage control for his image.

Perhaps his better half helped him see his way through this. He said the words so we can hope they were sincere.

Piercy's three putt on 18 in the dark cost him $46000. But it also allowed two other players to get into Rivera this week. Perhaps they will pick up his bar tab in LA.

Back