Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hank Haney Story

Collapse

Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • To start with the Haney stuff is funny and the only statistics that one can view support his success just fine.
    A little history on Dave Pelz. He worked for NASA. His students have won over 15 majors.
    He played Big 10 college golf on scholarship. He is still a scratch golfer.
    In my 2018 #TheGrandaddy THP Event Bag

    Driver:
    Epic Flash w/ Helium Shaft 45"
    Driver 2: XXIO Prime w/
    Custom THP HZRDUS Shaft 43.5"
    Fairway Wood:
    5 Wood
    Hybrids: Launcher HB
    Irons: Apex 19 w/ Recoil Proto 95
    Wedges:
    CBX 50* and RTX-4 56* & 60* PM Grind 19
    Putter: EXO Stroke Lab Marxman
    Balls:
    Chrome Soft X

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JB View Post
      To start with the Haney stuff is funny and the only statistics that one can view support his success just fine.
      A little history on Dave Pelz. He worked for NASA. His students have won over 15 majors.
      He played Big 10 college golf on scholarship. He is still a scratch golfer.
      And he has a bad a** back yard too! Just google it. Id be ok with that.
      WITB: In My 2015 #TeamRedemption Grandaddy Bag

      Driver: GBB Epic with ProForce V2 Tour
      FW: Great Big Bertha 3W with Fuji Speeder 665 Evo II
      Hybrids: Apex 3H, 4H, with Kuro Kage
      Irons: Apex CF19 5-A with True Temper Elevate 95
      Wedges: PM Grind 2.0 54, 58 with KBS High Rev 2.0
      Putter: Red Ball
      Ball: ChromeSoft Truvis

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JB View Post
        To start with the Haney stuff is funny and the only statistics that one can view support his success just fine.
        A little history on Dave Pelz. He worked for NASA. His students have won over 15 majors.
        He played Big 10 college golf on scholarship. He is still a scratch golfer.
        Pretty impressive that he played D1 golf without ever breaking 85!
        Ozone XX Stand bag
        XR 10.5
        XHot Pro 15*
        MT 3i
        Apex 4-SW
        J40 60*
        Tank #7


        Comment


        • Originally posted by Wake View Post
          Pretty impressive that he played D1 golf without ever breaking 85!
          In my ultralightweight 2019 Morgan Cup bag:
          F9 10.5* with Atmos TS Blue 6R
          3-4W & 5-6W with Atmos TS Blue 6R
          4H with Atmos TS Black 7R
          5-GW ForgedTEC Black with Tour 90 R Flex
          56 and 60* King Black wedges with Tour 90 R Flex
          O-Works 7s Red
          Q-Star Tour, Z-Star or Chrome Soft X TT


          Comment


          • Originally posted by Misike View Post
            And he has a bad a** back yard too! Just google it. Id be ok with that.
            Yeah it is.
            In my 2018 #TheGrandaddy THP Event Bag

            Driver:
            Epic Flash w/ Helium Shaft 45"
            Driver 2: XXIO Prime w/
            Custom THP HZRDUS Shaft 43.5"
            Fairway Wood:
            5 Wood
            Hybrids: Launcher HB
            Irons: Apex 19 w/ Recoil Proto 95
            Wedges:
            CBX 50* and RTX-4 56* & 60* PM Grind 19
            Putter: EXO Stroke Lab Marxman
            Balls:
            Chrome Soft X

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Wake View Post
              Pretty impressive that he played D1 golf without ever breaking 85!
              No relation to Aunt Becky though?
              Callaway GBB Epic 9* Matrix Red Tie
              Callaway GBB 15* Project X T800
              Callaway GBB 18* Project X T800
              Callaway Epic 24* Mitsubishi Kuro Kage
              Callaway CF16 Apex 5-PW Project X LZ
              Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 50* & 55*
              Titleist SM5 60*
              Odyssey O-Work 7s Black Edition
              Callaway Chromesoft

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JB View Post
                To start with the Haney stuff is funny and the only statistics that one can view support his success just fine.
                A little history on Dave Pelz. He worked for NASA. His students have won over 15 majors.
                He played Big 10 college golf on scholarship. He is still a scratch golfer.
                So what I hear you saying is that Pelz is a fraud.
                Spoiler
                M9 Cart Bag
                M1 2017
                Exotics EX10 Beta 4W (16.5*)
                King F7 #3-4H (19.5*)
                Edge 5-PW
                F8 5-GW
                RTX-3 CB 54* & 68*
                TFI 2135 1.0
                Z Star

                Comment


                • the dude with the axe to grind keeps saying that. Every time he says "fraud" I hear the dude from Princess Bride saying inconceivable and just break off with "you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think that it does"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DonJuan View Post
                    So what I hear you saying is that Pelz is a fraud.
                    Well yeah, of course.
                    In my 2018 #TheGrandaddy THP Event Bag

                    Driver:
                    Epic Flash w/ Helium Shaft 45"
                    Driver 2: XXIO Prime w/
                    Custom THP HZRDUS Shaft 43.5"
                    Fairway Wood:
                    5 Wood
                    Hybrids: Launcher HB
                    Irons: Apex 19 w/ Recoil Proto 95
                    Wedges:
                    CBX 50* and RTX-4 56* & 60* PM Grind 19
                    Putter: EXO Stroke Lab Marxman
                    Balls:
                    Chrome Soft X

                    Comment


                    • So they rearranged the schedule and moved The Paulsons up into Haney’s slot. I guess he is done there and they are just keeping it on the DL. It is funny how the news cycles churn and then all the outrage is forgotten with only the wreckage that is left behind.
                      WITB
                      Srixon Z785 Driver 9.5* W/Aldila Rogue Silver Stiff
                      Srixon F85 3W 15* W/ Aldila Rogue Black Stiff
                      Srixon H85 Hybrid 16*
                      Srixon U85 22*
                      Srixon Z785 5-PW W/C-Taper Lites
                      Cleveland RTX 4 Raw Mid 50, 54 & 58 C Taper Lites
                      Odyssey SL Double Wide 34.5”
                      Srixon Z-Star

                      2019 Distance Powered by Srixon & Cleveland Golf #TeamNoelle

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Danimal View Post
                        So they rearranged the schedule and moved The Paulsons up into Haney’s slot. I guess he is done there and they are just keeping it on the DL. It is funny how the news cycles churn and then all the outrage is forgotten with only the wreckage that is left behind.
                        I imagine Haney was on his way out well before his controversial comments about the LPGA Tour. For the past couple of years his Sirius Radio program had deteriorated to hour long rants against the USGA , nonsense commentary about golf (for example, repeatedly telling listeners that tee ball distance is all that matters and to putt the ball from 30 yards off of the green), and relentless promotion of his own company's product (Voodoo Pain Relief Cream). Sirius should have taken Haney's microphone away from him a long time ago and just about anyone who now takes his time slot will be an improvement.
                        Driver: Ping G400 LST Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6S
                        Fairway metals: Cleveland Launcher HB 15* Miyazaki C.Kua 5S
                        Hybrid: Cleveland Launcher HB 19* Miyazaki C.Kua 6S
                        Irons: Ping G700 4-SW Project X LZ 5.5
                        Wedge: Ping G400 58* LW Project X LZ 5.5
                        Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 w/ putter grip

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CM5150 View Post
                          Hopefully so...more people need to start pushing back at the non-stop outrage mob.

                          SJWs have completely destroyed comedy...music, TV, and movies aren't far behind. Sports is suffering as well.
                          Movies have already been destroyed by the woke scolds. Even Disney is pushing SJW narratives. Used to be I could pop on a Disney cartoon and let my child watch it. Now I have to make sure there aren't any narratives that most parents don't want to have to talk to their kids about at age 5.

                          Sadly lines have been drawn and the corporations, who used to stay out of it, have jump into the fray. ie. Dicks, Nike, NFL, etc....

                          Haney was spot on and the SJWs don't like it so they destroyed him. SiriusXM, like most corporations, are spineless and located in NYC so they think the entire country thinks like NYC. Amazingly Howard Stern is their bread and butter but I guess he is untouchable.

                          Breed today dipped his toe into the "equal pay" nonsense the woke scolds are crying about. If they cancel Breed I'll cancel SiriusXM.
                          WITB
                          Driver - Callaway Epic Flash SubZero
                          3 Wood - Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero
                          2 Hybrid - Ping G410
                          4-PW - Mizuno 919 Forged
                          50 - Callaway MD4
                          56, 60 - Callaway PM
                          Putter - Odyssey Toulon SD

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by pilot25 View Post
                            Breed today dipped his toe into the "equal pay" nonsense the woke scolds are crying about. If they cancel Breed I'll cancel SiriusXM.
                            Breed seems like a nice guy, which is great, but I think Sirius Radio should get credible players to host the programs. Legitimate Tour pros such as Craig Stadler and John Cook are ideal golf radio show hosts.
                            Driver: Ping G400 LST Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6S
                            Fairway metals: Cleveland Launcher HB 15* Miyazaki C.Kua 5S
                            Hybrid: Cleveland Launcher HB 19* Miyazaki C.Kua 6S
                            Irons: Ping G700 4-SW Project X LZ 5.5
                            Wedge: Ping G400 58* LW Project X LZ 5.5
                            Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 w/ putter grip

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DG_1234 View Post
                              Breed seems like a nice guy, which is great, but I think Sirius Radio should get credible players to host the programs. Legitimate Tour pros such as Craig Stadler and John Cook are ideal golf radio show hosts.
                              I like his show because its more than about the Tour. He talks just about everything golf and some outside stuff too. I'm not big into what the Tour is doing. Tour players don't get the average man. They are TV entertainment. I'd rather play and to listen to someone who is able to instruct via radio is really appealing. Additionally, his positivism is infectious. Tour stuff is on just about every other show and most of those guys put me to sleep with their monotone commentaries. Saying that, I do get the channel is "PGA Tour Radio."
                              WITB
                              Driver - Callaway Epic Flash SubZero
                              3 Wood - Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero
                              2 Hybrid - Ping G410
                              4-PW - Mizuno 919 Forged
                              50 - Callaway MD4
                              56, 60 - Callaway PM
                              Putter - Odyssey Toulon SD

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by pilot25 View Post
                                I like his show because its more than about the Tour. He talks just about everything golf and some outside stuff too. I'm not big into what the Tour is doing. Tour players don't get the average man. They are TV entertainment. I'd rather play and to listen to someone who is able to instruct via radio is really appealing. Additionally, his positivism is infectious. Tour stuff is on just about every other show and most of those guys put me to sleep with their monotone commentaries. Saying that, I do get the channel is "PGA Tour Radio."
                                I don't consider Breed to be a competent instructor. I once asked him "Michael, do you realize how much that address technique influences and dictates the entire golf swing, and if so, why don't you and most other instructors spend more time teaching grip-posture-alignment?"
                                His answer was "DG, you are absolutely right about the importance of address fundamentals , but when students are paying for a lesson they want the teacher to make the swing complicated. If we stuck to address fundamentals they would not think they are getting their moneys worth".
                                Once Breed told me that I knew he was a posing as a golf instructor, not the real deal. And seeing his amateur-like hitch filled golf swing confirmed same. He is a low 80's shooter who has made a career and nice bit of money for himself by talking a good game.
                                There are literally hundreds of legitimate former Tour pros out there available to take the microphone and talk about the swing, playing strategies, stories from when they played on Tour etc....I would much prefer Sirius Golf Radio hire legitimate players to talk golf, rather than giving poseurs like Haney and Breed the microphone.
                                Driver: Ping G400 LST Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6S
                                Fairway metals: Cleveland Launcher HB 15* Miyazaki C.Kua 5S
                                Hybrid: Cleveland Launcher HB 19* Miyazaki C.Kua 6S
                                Irons: Ping G700 4-SW Project X LZ 5.5
                                Wedge: Ping G400 58* LW Project X LZ 5.5
                                Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 w/ putter grip

                                Comment

                                Above Footer Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X