2019 Open Championship Contest and Thread

Lowry is a class act and smashing guy. He has a reputation on tour as one of the good guys, but a bit tough on himself. He stayed under the radar because everyone was looking at the young McIlroy.

He was clearly just slow at signing the old scorecard.

I agree. Maybe he should practice more or take the other tournaments more seriously. 4 bogies to start the day. Couldn't have happened to a "nicer" guy.

Lowry is a class act and smashing guy. He has a reputation on tour as one of the good guys, but a bit tough on himself. He stayed under the radar because everyone was looking at the young McIlroy.

The forgotten Irishman.

What happened to JB Holmes?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I wonder if anyone picked Lowry in the contest.

What happened to JB Holmes?

Shot an 87, finished at +6. Was assessed zero penalty strokes for slow play.

Shot an 87, finished at +6. Was assessed zero penalty strokes for slow play.
Yeah, I saw the scorecard. Just wondered what the story was. Injury? Couldn't play on the weather? Partied too much last night?

I'd probably give my left nut to be able to shoot 87 at an Open course in that weather. Holmes just had a really bad day at the worst possible time and on a punishing course (stray shots) with bad weather.

Irishman wins on Irish course works for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worst ballstriking for Rose in 5 years...coinciding with a gear change....

Makes me wonder if he changes next year, bc he has wasted some opportunities.

Fleetwood apparently can’t buy a putt, goodness gracious

I’m trying to remember, but wasn’t there another tournament where the final round he went cold with the putter

Koepka keeps going downhill....
I blame Holmes

Listening to the Open radio coverage (it's very good IMO) with the TV on mute. They are absolutely spit roasting JB Holmes for his slow play - and I'm loving it.

I’ve been away all morning and the open radio has been my only way to stay in touch. They were not letting up at all.

Listening to the Open radio coverage (it's very good IMO) with the TV on mute. They are absolutely spit roasting JB Holmes for his slow play - and I'm loving it.

I would love to have heard it.

I wonder if anyone picked Lowry in the contest.
I see 1 person picked him, but that was scrolling through quickly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Shane Lowry

This guy.

You would think more than one poster here would have had the foresight to pick a solid Irishman like Lowry (who had posted strong in previous majors).

This guy.

You would think more than one poster here would have had the foresight to pick a solid Irishman like Lowry (who had posted strong in previous majors).

Ha-Ha....Perfect ending to The Open.

Good on him for saying it.

But I’m sure some who don’t like him will now use this as ammo.

It’s funny, we all want honesty, until someone is honest.
I get that alot. No one wants to hear you tell them their "baby is ugly".

What’s funny is some of the people who dislike him also dislike slow play.

So let’s see what these people dislike more haha

An Irishman winning the Open at Royal Portrush must be about as good as it gets I would imagine.

It’s awful. Until they want to penalize the big names (and the biggest in golf are the worst offenders) nothing will be done.

It’s awful. Until they want to penalize the big names (and the biggest in golf are the worst offenders) nothing will be done.

Nope, they’ll never do something unless a whole lot of golfers start putting it out there like Brooks did, and they won’t because heaven forbid they upset the Apple cart.

People dislike koepka for a lot of reasons. But, one of the main reasons I love the guy is because he has the “ballocks” to call people out on the bullish!t
0e4ab87c3944c11a669c3af3eb9388a6.jpg

If you didn't enjoy Lowry winning you probably hate life.

Back