2019 Open Championship Contest and Thread

People dislike koepka for a lot of reasons. But, one of the main reasons I love the guy is because he has the “ballocks” to call people out on the bullish!t
0e4ab87c3944c11a669c3af3eb9388a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant and he’s right: "The European Tour does an unbelievable job with the pace of play, posting it in the locker rooms. The PGA doesn't do that."

People dislike koepka for a lot of reasons. But, one of the main reasons I love the guy is because he has the “ballocks” to call people out on the bullish!t

Dude is my hero

Dude is my hero

He is the only one willing to do it. It’s confounding why the tour won’t, why other faster players won’t....kudos to him every single time for doing it

This guy.

You would think more than one poster here would have had the foresight to pick a solid Irishman like Lowry (who had posted strong in previous majors).

I thought there was at least one more but am probably wrong. He is the same guy, and probably the only guy in the world, that picked Woodland to win the US Open. I told one of his co-workers yesterday that he needs to find a bookie. Haha

He is the only one willing to do it. It’s confounding why the tour won’t, why other faster players won’t....kudos to him every single time for doing it

Also these numbers are crazy
f7f0cec2d7c8cfbd3d48ebf52b3c4317.jpg

Or this one
fc6bf7de7e535142f67759c0de4ec2ba.jpg

I thought there was at least one more but am probably wrong. He is the same guy, and probably the only guy in the world, that picked Woodland to win the US Open. I told one of his co-workers yesterday that he needs to find a bookie. Haha

Geeze. He picked Woodland too?

It's just shocking to me on a golf board of all places that more than person didn't pick an Irishman to win this Open.

Geeze. He picked Woodland too?

It's just shocking to me on a golf board of all places that more than person didn't pick an Irishman to win this Open.

Plenty picked Rory but that didn't turn out so well.

Haha. It is mainly because I like to root for the underdog in most any sport.

Anyone on the tour that needs some good juju can feel free to call me.

Listening to the Open radio coverage (it's very good IMO) with the TV on mute. They are absolutely spit roasting JB Holmes for his slow play - and I'm loving it.

Plenty picked Rory but that didn't turn out so well.

Yeah but Lowry isn't a scrub. He's been on Ryder Cups. Leader at Oakmont going into the final round. I mean he doesn't have the track record of a Paddy or Graham but I feel like he should have been on a few other radars.

Yeah but Lowry isn't a scrub. He's been on Ryder Cups. Leader at Oakmont going into the final round. I mean he doesn't have the track record of a Paddy or Graham but I feel like he should have been on a few other radars.
Oh, I know he is a high quality player. I have always like him and have out him on my fantasy teams plenty of times. Unfortunately this week was not one of them.

2019 Open Championship Contest and Thread

I really feel bad for JB Holmes. That was a rough finish.
That 87 cost him in the region of $700,000 in prize money according to Golf magazine.

I just can’t feel bad for a guy who’s that slow on the course, and knows it.

Good on him for saying it.

But I’m sure some who don’t like him will now use this as ammo.

It’s funny, we all want honesty, until someone is honest.

Just read the article at the Jump, Great story, Said Koepka pointed to his wrist when he passed an official....lol, that is awesome. We have one like that in our group sometimes. Starts getting ready when its his turn. OH _ not slow....just deliberate :)

JBH’s take on it.
aa06246af439fc11359764a4a3e390c6.jpg

That right there just shows that he doesn't care!

Unfortunately, with pretty much only Koepka having the kahunas to call him/them out, nothing will be enforced.

Lowry isn't a scrub. He's been on Ryder Cups

No he has not, he has yet to play in a Ryder Cup, but I suspect he may soon.

Shane Lowry

Congrats to the winner of the contest, DirtyTee.
Please send GolferGal a PM with your full name and shipping address.

Congrats to the winner of the contest, DirtyTee.
Please send GolferGal a PM with your full name and shipping address.

Massive congrats on this one!!

Congrats!!

I was getting set to post this same quote. Had a funeral to attend yesterday & so I watched the last round late last night. I've never payed much attention to JB Holmes' pace of play, but that quote really summed up what I saw. Even on the first tee, it took him forever to hit the ball. I think Faldo said something to the effect of "he had about 24 hours to figure out what he wants to hit on the first tee, and he's waiting until now to decide?"

He seems like a good guy, and I never like to see someone melt down like he did on Sunday, but...How can a pro be so friggin' slow deciding what to hit?!
He's a poster child for why golfers need to play ready golf. It's painful to watch; I can imagine how frustrating it is to be partnered with him.

Congrats on the pick and the win!

Back