Should professionals be forced to find their own ?

Should professionals be forced to find their own ?

• Yes, they should NOT receive help from spectators

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • No, spectators should help players find their golf ball

Votes: 40 88.9%
  • th (explain)

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
Do you think pros should be allowed to have forecaddies?

Yes. I believe if I was in control of the decision, I would say yes.

Where I would draw the line is spectators in any way to help.

Nope, the game is slow enough.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Interesting question. I fall into the camp that thinks its fine to have help finding your ball but I think the other side would make things interesting, albeit slower.

I can't imagine how long a round might be for the pro's if they didn't have people finding there balls on wayward drives. We don't see enough on TV as it is, the networks would need 8 hours for a round or more.

H*** no. And if I could, I’d have a forecaddie every round to get me to my golf ball faster - even on good shots.

You guys are acting like these super talented pros couldn't even play a round of golfgolf without spectators following every ball for them.

And little old me used to grind out 18 in 2:20 ten years ago with my bag on my back and all

I’m. It forced to find my own ball when I play with a group. Why would the Pros with 10s of 1000s on each hole have to find their own missed shots?

My goodness gracious! The bombers (like Phil) would never be able to find their errant shots. With my eyesight, I have trouble finding shots in the first cut sometimes. I wish I had spectators around to even point where my ball went.

You think there is slow play now?? Imagine if they had to find their own ball.

Of course,but it doesn't negate the fact that that gives a Tiger an advantage.

Yet everyone who plays with Tiger says it cost like a stroke per round.

I don't want to spend time watching someone search for a ball, so anything that minimizes that is fine by me.

In what other sport are spectators allowed to help out the pro?

I think it's a fair question.

You mean like in a basketball game where the fans will try to distract the away players during free throws?

Or in a baseball game where the fans taunt the away team batter?

Or in football where the fans yell and scream during the away team’s huddles?

You mean like in a basketball game where the fans will try to distract the away players during free throws?

Or in a baseball game where the fans taunt the away team batter?

Or in football where the fans yell and scream during the away team’s huddles?

Is it weird I read this and started saying "Hey batter batter batter, soowing batta". And done in a Cameron from Ferris Bueller's voice?

If they hit it offline far enough for the spectators to be able to help, then so be it.....probably won't be a good lie anyway

I don't see why not, if we're on the course and a ball comes flying towards us, it's not like we don't stay silent when the other group rolls up, we tell them where we saw it or thought it to be, same thing is happening for the pros, they just have more eyes on the ball. And if we want to keep pace of play up, making them search on their own would certainly increase round time.

I help playing partners and competitors search for balls and don't mind having an extra set of eyes to help me out when I find trouble.

Back