Brooks Koepka Dominance

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
He is getting close to being the person that gets the phrase "Vs the Field". Most dominant in the majors we have seen since Tiger's run. Some crazy stats.

His score to par in Majors since beginning of last year is -69 right now (tournament going on). Next closest thing to him is around 30 under.

Is he on a run the likes that we may not have ever seen?

I know that some people are "gamers", but wow, he really picks it up when the big time spotlight is on.

Brooks Koepka Dominance

I think if he wins this one he’s got that moniker and well earned.

Right now he is that territory where every major he tees up, you expect him to be at the top of the leaderboard and question when he isn’t.

just so weird how he is so average in regular tournaments (average by superstar standards of course), yet come majors.... what the S@$t?

It is fun to watch and hard not to root for him. Who doesn't like the thought of people who can change history books :)

• Admin
I think if he wins this one he’s got that moniker and well earned.

Right now he is not that territory where every major he tees up, you expect him to be at the top of the leaderboard and question when he isn’t.

If he finishes 2nd, I believe he is the first player in modern era golf with 1st or 2nd in all 4 majors.

As he said, it just means more and he turns it up a notch.

I love how he performs in majors even if some of his quirks are a little annoying. There is however a small part of me that wishes he would approach some "regular" tournaments this way - just to see what he would do.

Not bad for a guy who doesn't practice and isn't passionate about Golf.

It's an incredible run for sure, hope he keeps it up with a strong moving day tomorrow.

just so weird how he is so average in regular tournaments (average by superstar standards of course), yet come majors.... what the S@$t?

It is fun to watch and hard not to root for him. Who doesn't like the thought of people who can change history books :)

He definitely turns it on for majors and is a player but I disagree with hard not to root for him. I wanted to like him and root for him but honestly I find his attitude and personality to be garbage and just can not get behind the guy. Now I know its not popular opinion around here but I just think he whines too much every time he does an interview. Its always who disrespected him or who doesn't give him enough credit. I just can't get behind the guy as long as he constantly cries about it.

Is he on a run the likes that we may not have ever seen?

Yes, especially considering that the current depth of quality players (and their equipment) makes it harder to win a Major than ever before.

He definitely turns it on for majors and is a player but I disagree with hard not to root for him. I wanted to like him and root for him but honestly I find his attitude and personality to be garbage and just can not get behind the guy. Now I know its not popular opinion around here but I just think he whines too much every time he does an interview. Its always who disrespected him or who doesn't give him enough credit. I just can't get behind the guy as long as he constantly cries about it.

I would say based on his thread, its about 50/50 on people that don't care for him because of that.

I think he's very close, and this tournament could very well move to needle over in the "Brooks vs. Field" for me in majors. After last year, I started to think maybe this dominance in majors is about to end, a player can only be hot for so long. Then he stayed near the top in The Masters, then won the PGA Championship, then got close in the US Open. Each tournament I thought, nope he can't keep this up, followed immediately by "wait what....but....he only does this in majors?....no....really??". Something about how he only shows up at majors is just too intriguing to me and I look forward to watching him in them. I hope this continues for him, maybe not at the same pace as the last few years, but it's been really fun to witness!

A friend of mine said Brooks will break Jack's record. Same friend likes to drink a lot.

No, I just think he's on a hot streak. I remember when Rory and Speith were supposed to dominate for a decade. Didn't happen. I still need to see more.

No, I just think he's on a hot streak. I remember when Rory and Speith were supposed to dominate for a decade. Didn't happen. I still need to see more.
Alrighty then Brandel.

Given the past major performances, he doesn't seem to be getting the TV time he deserves.

Instead everyone would rather watch
Unravel...

Just my two cents.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I wanted to like him and root for him but honestly I find his attitude and personality to be garbage and just can not get behind the guy. Now I know its not popular opinion around here but I just think he whines too much every time he does an interview.

Completely agree. I can't stand the guy. Normally I will root for any American in the majors but if its between him and anyone else, I'm rooting for anyone else. I attribute it to his young age and probably poor parenting. It is what endeared Speith and Rory to a lot of people. Nice kids who are good players and respect the fact people pay good money to watch them play. Koepka's attitude is gross.

Having DirecTV with 4 channels of the tournament, if Koepka comes on, I switch it to another channel.

Obviously a great player - no question he's the best in the majors over the last couple of years. I think he needs to keep it up for another year or two before I would call him the best of an era. He's still roughly equivalent to Spieth/Rory at their peaks in my mind. I remember watching Rory from 2011-2014 and thinking his game was unbeatable.

I’m not sure if we will ever see anything like “Tiger vs the field” decade-long dominance again. Just 3 years ago we were talking about it being Spieth as that guy and now 3 years later it is Koepka. Too much talent in the field for Koepka to be dominate for an extended period of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I know its not popular opinion around here but I just think he whines too much every time he does an interview. Its always who disrespected him or who doesn't give him enough credit. I just can't get behind the guy as long as he constantly cries about it.

He's like a Patrick Reed with talent. That being said, I'm not a fan of either of them because of how they act.

If he finishes 2nd, I believe he is the first player in modern era golf with 1st or 2nd in all 4 majors.

Louis Oosthuizen is already a runner up in all 4, plus he's won an Open.

Not in the same year.
Ok, that bit wasn't clear to me.

But yeah, Koepka is in a ridiculous run of form right now.

Last edited:
Back