Brooks Koepka Dominance

He definitely has the MOJO going in majors.. He's always in the mix and I'm stupid enough to not pick him in fantasy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

He's certainly be on a run lately and its fun to watch. I know that I was really torn who to cheer for on the last day of the US Open because I wanted both he and Woodland to win.
Golf is a fickle game though and it could all turn on him in a hurry. Just look at Rory.

JB, you're right about Brooks vs the field. I have a friendly bet ($5 and a beer after golf) for every major with a buddy and my standing pick is Brooks. Whoever finishes higher wins. I even gave him Tiger and another player for the US Open.

Until his performance says otherwise, Brooks is the tour de force du jour.

Haha one of the few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that were true he wouldn't be on the air every night for the last many years.

He just called out Rory for choking and I'm sure he is going to get crap for it. However, he is totally right. Rory choked in the biggest way possible. First shot, first tee, game over.

If that were true he wouldn't be on the air every night for the last many years.

He just called out Rory for choking and I'm sure he is going to get crap for it. However, he is totally right. Rory choked in the biggest way possible. First shot, first tee, game over.
Of course he'd be on the air because he divides opinion and that generates viewership.

I dislike Brandel but I still watch each night. I won't go as far to say he's Skip Bayless but do you honestly think people like Skip? He throws sh!t on the wall and has made a great living doing it. Now he is someone I dislike and don't watch his program.

I'd take a bet that more people dislike Brandel and his opinions/observations over people liking him. Again, it's good for TV, he even got Brooks to respond to him via Twitter and to Brandel's credit he owned it and said he deserved being called a clown or something to that extent.

I don't have a problem with him saying Rory choked. Harsh, but when you blow up the way he did with the hype he had coming home what else can you call it?

I think he's well on his way. I think he doesn't always perform as well in regular tournaments because he's sort of on a mental break in between really turning it on for majors. The field is also tougher than it's ever been, and seems to keep getting better.

I also don't have an issue with the things he's said. I don't see it as whining because of how he says it, and because it's true. So much so, that the DB Brandel went on air to apologize for the dumb stuff he said about Brooks.

I love his game in Majors. I love that he plays a mixed bag of clubs. I love the Nike staff bag that he still uses. I hate his whining attitude. I watched him all four days at the 3M and it was pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen the whining but I don't watch a lot of press conferences or interviews.

I think we could call what a lot of the players do "whining". Tiger talks about the conditions in every interview and they are "tough" no matter how they are...and he's not the only one. 10-15mph wind is never tough...never. Anyway, I could call that whining.

I digress though... I've liked a lot of the things I've heard/seen Koepka say. Golf is a game and he treats it as such. He doesn't practice before regular events but he prepares for majors and hence he does better. Simply stated and simply proven assuming he's telling the truth.

I think his dominance is intriguing and fun to watch....but I think it would be even more exciting if it was Rory doing it.

He’s a major winner in the girlfriend department too. I guess all that dough, good looks, muscles & talent (did I say dough?) helps close some high level deals in that department as well. “Golf clap”

Is brooks golfing great? Yes he is. Is brooks a great golfer? That might take a few more years. I don't think he's very marketable though.

Is brooks golfing great? Yes he is. Is brooks a great golfer? That might take a few more years. I don't think he's very marketable though.

What more does he need to do other than rack up majors?

Then why not just have the 4 majors a year and nothing else? Do the tour tourneys not pay out enough? I guess my point is, only showing up for the majors is not very marketable imo.

Brooks Koepka Dominance

Then why not just have the 4 majors a year and nothing else? Do the tour tourneys not pay out enough? I guess my point is, only showing up for the majors is not very marketable imo.

That was in reference to your comment in the post that he isn’t a great golfer yet, 4 majors doesn’t make him a great golfer?

I wish he would take others tournaments seriously. Golf is not just the majors. If he wants to be considered one of the best, which he claims, he needs to win A LOT more!!!

I don't think he's very marketable though.

Do you remember when not one press person showed up to his press conference before the tour championship in 2018 despite being a 3 time major winner? He sounds like a meat head when he does do press conferences, and his attitude toward the tour couldn't be any worse, and he always seems like a whiny little baby that no one pays attention to him. Even Michael Breed took him to the woodshed last week on his show.

I'd say it is an understatement that he isn't very marketable. Look at the players who aren't as good who are crowd and press favorites. Beef Johnson comes to mind.

I wish he would take others tournaments seriously. Golf is not just the majors. If he wants to be considered one of the best, which he claims, he needs to win A LOT more!!!

This,.... is more along the lines of what I was trying to say.

He is not the likeable type. I do not care for the way he acts. It is difficult to ever root for his robotic and arrogant style. He seems to be backing up some in the Open. I hope that continues on Day 3 and 4. If he can pull off a first or close second the string of major domination over a short period will be hard to equal but I am not ready to say this guy's major dominance will not be matched.

Back