Xander Schauffele Driver Fails

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
First tour player to have his driver fail the CT test since R&A started testing last year.

This was done on Tuesday and he had to find a replacement.

Despite what is being reported elsewhere, the test was a CT test.

Last edited:
Was he required to have the replacement driver tested before being put in play?

Any word on how long he's had this particular head in play?

Any word on how long he's had this particular head in play?

They didn't say overtly, but based on his reaction to being randomly chosen, my guess would be he had that driver in his bag for awhile.

So he couldn't get a replacement head in the exact specs he had?

Remember kids:

When your equipment fails a random test, the best defense is usually not "Well what about all the other illegal heads out there?!"

Remember kids:

When your equipment fails a random test, the best defense is usually not "Well what about all the other illegal heads out there?!"
Him being Mad they only took 30 out of 160 is humerous

Interesting stuff.
Not sure I like Xander's response to the whole thing, but I guess it's not like the players would know their head is illegal...or would they?

Him being Mad they only took 30 out of 160 is humerous

Totally.

You got caught, and you knew it all along, because if you didn't you wouldn't care about anyone else.

Interesting stuff.
Not sure I like Xander's response to the whole thing, but I guess it's not like the players would know their head is illegal...or would they?

They darn well better. That's their job, along with the team of others in their stable.

And for those that want to know. Here is @vgolfman breaking down the difference between COR and CT.

Totally.

You got caught, and you knew it all along, because if you didn't you wouldn't care about anyone else.

he makes himself look like a cheater

I would think more would fail testing, given that these faces are supposedly engineered thousands of times over to exceed the legal limits (but still fall within the limit tolerance)

And for those that want to know. Here is @vgolfman breaking down the difference between COR and CT.

I was just going to ask this. Thanks.

So who is to blame here for the failed test?

Xander or Callaway? Wouldn't Xander trust what he's been given?

I guess I want to know how far “off” the driver was. I get the players should know what’s in their bags, but with all they have going on at some point you have to trust your equipment manufacturers and that they are providing tournament legal gear to put in play.

The response was not good, but putting myself in his shoes he was probably running a bit hot and someone got a sound bite or quote that would help the story.

Callaway can’t catch a break right now.

I wonder how many other brands have illegal drivers out on the tour? I’m sure it’s more than anyone is willing to admit.

Just a small QC issue, nothing to worry about.

I get the players should know what’s going in their bodies, but with all they have going on at some point you have to trust your trainer and that they are providing legal supplements to put in.

Switch a few words & sounds like an athlete that got busted for doping. Ha.

Totally.

Exactly. He’s not helping himself with his response. He is being somewhat deceptive in attempt to deflect blame by implying that others are probably doing it and it was unfair that he was randomly singled out. Innocent people don’t usually respond like this.

First tour player to have his driver fail the CT test since R&A started testing last year.

This was done on Tuesday and he had to find a replacement.

Despite what is being reported elsewhere, the test was a CT test.

This is a wild story, imo.

And here we are worrying about John Daly having an unfair advantage with a cart haha

And here we are worrying about John Daly having an unfair advantage with a cart haha
You win the internet

Back