2019 WGC FedEx St Jude Invitational

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A tournament that means a lot for awareness to the same place our Albatross Club supports.

I know many sort of tune out the week after the big dance. But, I’ve always enjoyed this one, I also enjoy the whole Cup chase though.

I always liked this course for an event. But I severely dislike where it is on the schedule now.

• Admin
A wgc event following a major seems off

I agree and don’t like where this event fell on the new schedule. Such a great supporting such a great cause, but the week after a major takes some of the excitement out of it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly gonna be overlooked big time this week

2019 WGC FedEx St Jude Invitational

I’m hoping the tour takes notice of the schedule and makes adjustments next year so their premier non major events don’t get caught up getting lost after a major

Last edited:
I wonder if consolidating all the WGCs and making the purse the biggest in the game would get a better product for 1 tournament instead of the multiple that are currently going.

I’m hoping the tour takes notice of the schedule and makes adjustments next year so they’re premier non major events don’t get caught up getting lost after a major

The Olympics are next year from July 24 to August 9. So assume that the men's golf event at the Olympics is the last 4 days of the Olympics, that's August 6-9. So next year, it's going to be Open Championship, WGC Fedex, Wyndham, Olympics, then the Fedex Cup unless they move the schedule around some. I think this event will have even more no-shows by the top players next year.

A wgc event following a major seems off

This event was a great way to lead in to the PGA in years past. It just has no feeling to it now.

So one thing of note is this week there was no Wednesday pro am. A lot of guys from last week were making their first trips to the course today and yesterday. Some holes had about 5 spectators on them while guys were doing their practice round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the WGCs mean anything extra to either the average or THP viewer?

Do the WGCs mean anything extra to either the average or THP viewer?
Not to me. I think they would mean more if they were actually spread around the world.

Not to me. I think they would mean more if they were actually spread around the world.

The HSBC is in China, but it's in the middle of football season, and the Mexico Championship is in February, but I think that it's known as either the Change of Elevation Invitational or the Where in the World is Lefty Phil Mickelson after his treks through the shrubbery. I would like to see another links golf event on the Tour schedule.

We're about to hijack the thread so we should probably start something new if we wanted to keep discussing.

They have much better fields than regular tour events so they are more fun to watch. I would look for some of the guys that missed the cut last week to do well this week.

Who in their right mind decided to go to Memphis at the end of July? Reminds me of Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam.

Not a good start by DJ.

I'm a bit skeptical with the scheduling this year. WGC event so close to a major? How many people pulled out of this event because of that?

I just turned on the last few minutes of coverage after getting home from work and Aaron Rai has quite the (slow) routine on the greens.

Pretty cool little video!

Saw Poulter had a fan removed for yelling get in the bunker while his ball was in the air. That's weak. He better toughen up before the RC at Bethpage....

He better toughen up before the RC at Bethpage....

Seriously? I think he will cope.:laughing:

Seriously? I think he will cope.:laughing:

Not talking about playing well. Talking about he's not going to be able to get remove every single fan who says something negative.

DJ needs to find the nearest pond and toss that Toulon in it, ASAP.

Back