2019 Women’s British Open

Ko has tied Salas. Would love to see Shibuno drain the eagle to make it a 3 way tie.

Loved seeing both SH Park and Shibuno pulling driver and knocking it on the green on the 250 yd par 4; that hole is so gettable i was just waiting for somebody to go for it.

Smiling Cinderella continuing her back 9 dominance.

This is amazing!!!

Hopefully Prezzel can pull it out.

Pretzel won't go away, great to see her play so well. And Salas has been flawless, while Shibuno & Ko are rock solid and right there.
How good is this tournament?

Looks like it may be down to 3 in a minute

Wow at the 2nd shot by Salas on 18!

Salas miss keeps Pressel's hopes alive

They spent all that time earlier talking about how Salas decided a while back to stop overthinking everything, and then she does exactly that on the last putt. You could see that miss coming a mile away. That one's gonna be bugging her for a while if Shibuno birdies one of the last two.

Correction, last one now.

1 more birdie Shibuno!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! I love it!

WOW! She battered that ball into the hole, my new fav LPGA player, such a breathe of fresh air.

That was greatness, hell of a putt.

She is lucky that thing hit the cup.

Good television right there.

Wow! I wasn't around when Francis Ouimet won the US Open in 1913, but i watched all 4 rounds of this win by Shibuno and i think they are very comparable. Totally unexpected win by a totally unknown player defeating the current best players at the time.

Not possible to make this story up.

One helluva debut! Fantastic win!

She definitely believed in herself. Had a speech prepared and read it in English after the trophy presentation.

Wow! Now that was a fantastic tournament! This was so good for the LPGA!!

Happy to see some excitement in a final round. That was a great watch.

Brilliant :good:

Her scoring for the week: Front 9 = Par, Back 9 = -18.

Unreal.

Went up to Woburn today and heard many members rave about our friend Shibuno. She stole a lot of hearts and made many friends. Apparently , the staff at the club loved her as well, she was very polite, graceful and always said thank you for anything the staff did for her. The lady had class and showed it.

Mind you, if her final putt had missed the cup , it might of headed out of bounds!

Back