Shorts on the PGA Tour

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have had other threads on it, but it's probably time for a new one. They are allowed to during practice rounds now and Pro-Ams as well. Still no on regular rounds. Do you think it should be allowed?
Obviously it is allowed on the LPGA Tour.

yes, in exchange ban mocks and blades

some of the guys are out there in basically yoga pants at this point anyways.

Yes, and should have been done long ago...

Will it speed up play? If so yes! haha

I have always seen pants as part of the PGA Professional "uniform" and liked it that way, in reality it probably doesn't matter anymore. I mean mocks, blade collars and ugly hats are acceptable why not shorts.

Yes. I don't care what they wear. If I can learn to ignore the garbage that Nike makes Brooks, Tommy and others wear - I can ignore someone's white chicken legs. I just like seeing good golf.

See no problem whatsoever with allowing shorts during tournament rounds. Long overdue in my opinion....

Plus you get to see more of Lefty's calves!

I don't see any problem with it

i'm a sucker for the pants look. it looks super classy. that said, there's no good reason the guys can't wear shorts. i say let 'em.

As much as I like the pants look, makes them appear much more professional, I say give them shorts.

I say let shorts be allowed. But then certain clubs can have dress codes etc. like augusta national might be trousers only.

Only if they make them wear black knee high socks. That is a sharp look. Actually have no problem either way.

I think is is past time for them to be able to wear shorts.

I have no problem with shorts. However, I like the "professional" look of long pants.

We have had other threads on it, but it's probably time for a new one. They are allowed to during practice rounds now and Pro-Ams as well. Still no on regular rounds. Do you think it should be allowed?
Obviously it is allowed on the LPGA Tour.

No shorts should be allowed for male players, either for practice or tournament rounds.
About 12 years ago, because Steve Williams was working for Tiger, was able to ram through permission for caddies to wear shorts, and this was a Tour administration mistake.
Shorts are an unprofessional look and should not be a part of men's pro golf.

They should be able to wear shorts for sure. Didn’t it take one of the caddies to die for the caddies to be able to wear shorts?

I'm on the other side of the fence than most here. I prefer the look of pants on tour, it's a much more professional look.

#freetheknees

No shorts should be allowed for male players, either for practice or tournament rounds.
About 12 years ago, because Steve Williams was working for Tiger, was able to ram through permission for caddies to wear shorts, and this was a Tour administration mistake.
Shorts are an unprofessional look and should not be a part of men's pro golf.

Why not for practice? It's not an official round

Why not for practice? It's not an official round

Practice or not, shorts is an unprofessional look for a Tour player (or a caddie).
Traditionally, men were not permitted to wear shorts on a golf course, and some private clubs still maintain that policy. For example,here in Northern California men are forbidden to wear shorts at San Francisco GC as well as Cypress Point GC. It's a good rule.

I have no problem with shorts, allow it to be up to the club restriction on clothing. There’s someone out there, I can’t quite remember who that doesn’t necessarily wear a collar shirt and it’s allowed. Don’t see why shorts would be different than pants if “collared” shirts are mandatory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shorts on the PGA Tour

I will lean on the opposite side on this one.

PGA players are at work when playing at events. I don’t find shorts proper work clothing and thus if not during a practice round or playing when the cameras are off, I believe they should continue to wear slacks.

I would not allow my sales people to wear shorts selling my products to my customers. The PGA players are selling their brand and the PGA to those watching.

I really don’t like the fact that head coaches wear hoodies on the sidelines during a game. They should be in proper clothing for my tastes.

I don't get it .... what is so "professional" about wearing pants? It's not like you're out making Million dollar deals sitting around the table in the conference room ... You're playing golf for crying out loud. If that's the case, then let's bring back the tie & maybe the knickers too.

Shorts on the PGA Tour

I don't get it .... what is so "professional" about wearing pants? It's not like you're out making Million dollar deals sitting around the table in the conference room ... You're playing golf for crying out loud. If that's the case, then let's bring back the tie & maybe the knickers too.

I would argue they are making million dollar deals to all that are watching every event. Business casual is the proper attire.

Would everyone go the next step and alllow t-shirts and / or jeans?

I really don't care what they wear!! I do think it looks more Professional but when it's 90+ degrees out some allowances should be made.

Absolutely

Back