Shorts on the PGA Tour

Golf shorts I don't mind, but golf shorts and leggings really doesn't look professional imo. But thats just me. I hate bryson's hat as well, which is traditional, so that kinda kills my argument. Just personal preference I guess.

Golf shorts should be optional in hot and humid weather. We aren't talking cutoffs or cargo pants. Not a fan of mock or blade collar shirts. They look too casual.

As long as they know that shorts with DryJoys looks absolutely ridiculous.

I'd have no problem with it. I think it should at least be tournament dependent, maybe even a temperature rule? Over a certain temp and shorts are allowed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While overall I don't have a problem with it, it is hard to imagine see pros in shorts at the Masters and at a place like St. Andrews.

Yes, I believe this should have been changed a looooong time ago.

i'm a sucker for the pants look. it looks super classy. that said, there's no good reason the guys can't wear shorts. i say let 'em.

This is where I’m at too. I like the look of pants but if they started wearing shorts next week, it wouldn’t really bother me much

Should totally be allowed. It would be interesting to see the mix of shorts to pants if it was allowed.

Would everyone go the next step and allow t-shirts and / or jeans?

Only if they are properly cut off with at least 2 strings hanging below the knee.

I vote no. Pants are so breathable nowadays, leave it as is.

Good point about breathable. Also, for protection against the sun long pants are obviously much better than short pants.

While overall I don't have a problem with it, it is hard to imagine see pros in shorts at the Masters and at a place like St. Andrews.

Augusta National male members (and their guests) are not permitted to wear shorts while playing the golf course.

I do prefer the pants look but I think it would be a few seasons and everyone would be used to shorts as well. I also think most players would still wear pants when it's not extremely hot outside. So why not make a rule if it's over X degrees you can wear shorts (or make it tournament specific). They are indeed professionals playing for the fans but what's to say all fans prefer long pants, probably many younger fans would feel shorts and t-shirt would be much more relatable.

I’m fine with shorts. I say go ahead and let them wear them.

If you are wearing shorts at St. Andrews, you'll be cold enough to look like you're wearing blue trousers anyway :good:

You can wear a skirt at St Andrews

No problem for me. Let'em wear them.

Augusta National male members (and their guests) are not permitted to wear shorts while playing the golf course.

Its not that shorts aren't permitted, but Mr. Roberts would not look favorably upon them.

Don't care. If they wore shorts it would take me about 5 minutes of watching on TV before I would adjust. If they keep wearing pants, won't affect me in the slightest.

In most industries, dress code has gotten more casual so allowing shorts would not be crazy, but doesn't mean it needs to be done. The company I started with required a tie until I started working here in 2003, then it went to button up shirt and slacks. Now most people where jeans and a polo shirt.

If the tour did allow it there will definitely be courses that require pants (IE Augusta National).

Is it something the pros are actually clamoring for?

1,000,000% for it.

Above the knee and no cargos? Count me in, but I imagine Bubba Watson might be upset with that stipulation

Practice or not, shorts is an unprofessional look for a Tour player (or a caddie).
Traditionally, men were not permitted to wear shorts on a golf course, and some private clubs still maintain that policy. For example,here in Northern California men are forbidden to wear shorts at San Francisco GC as well as Cypress Point GC. It's a good rule.

Tradionally and still the case females are not allowed on the grounds of Butler National, just cause it’s a tradition doesn’t means it’s good.

Yes. But that means Ian Poulter will be sporting argyle socks with his shorts

Practice or not, shorts is an unprofessional look for a Tour player (or a caddie).
Traditionally, men were not permitted to wear shorts on a golf course, and some private clubs still maintain that policy. For example,here in Northern California men are forbidden to wear shorts at San Francisco GC as well as Cypress Point GC. It's a good rule.
Bring back the coat and tie look! These "sport" shirts and athletic shoes are not a professional look. Wing tips should be required.

I don't get it .... what is so "professional" about wearing pants? It's not like you're out making Million dollar deals sitting around the table in the conference room ... You're playing golf for crying out loud. If that's the case, then let's bring back the tie & maybe the knickers too.
Damn it, I'm late on everything today.

Back