Shorts on the PGA Tour

Absolutely allow it. Unless the course they are playing in a particular week doesn't.

No sir, you show up to work dressed as a professional, same as golf pro. Wear pants, tuck in your shirt & look the part.

Don't care. If they wore shorts it would take me about 5 minutes of watching on TV before I would adjust. If they keep wearing pants, won't affect me in the slightest.

In most industries, dress code has gotten more casual so allowing shorts would not be crazy, but doesn't mean it needs to be done. The company I started with required a tie until I started working here in 2003, then it went to button up shirt and slacks. Now most people where jeans and a polo shirt.

If the tour did allow it there will definitely be courses that require pants (IE Augusta National).

Is it something the pros are actually clamoring for?
This

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If we just look at pictures over the history of the game dress has changed for the pro, the caddie and the patrons. If the tour is playing in Florida and it’s hotter than heck wear dress shorts. If it’s cooler wear pants. I don’t have the money to play the country clubs the require pants. I far from a snob but I don’t want to play someplace that’s so concerned about out of date rules. It’s golf not church. Come to think of it I wear shorts there too

I've played my whole life in shorts (FL, TX and AZ). I'd love to see the PGA Tour allow shorts; if for no other reason, it might get me motivated to support a certain brand or style that I see.

Bring back the coat and tie look! These "sport" shirts and athletic shoes are not a professional look. Wing tips should be required.

shorts should be allowed provided one has good grip-posture-alignment

yes to shorts but only pink lol

There are always going to be players that some think dress well, and others don't. The fact that they're in shorts isn't going to change that. If the players want to wear them, let them.

I'm honestly surprised it hasn't happened yet. The manufacturers have to be chomping at the bit to open up their lines.

Going to be a no for me. It's not quite the professional look the PGA is known for

I'm also against seeing the LPGA allow t-shirts, hoodies and joggers like I've seen the past several weeks. It's a professional tour, they should also dress appropriately.

Going to be a no for me. It's not quite the professional look the PGA is known for

I'm also against seeing the LPGA allow t-shirts, hoodies and joggers like I've seen the past several weeks. It's a professional tour, they should also dress appropriately.

Hoodies and joggers have been on the PGA Tour for a couple of years as well.

The thing is, who decides the definition of "dress appropriately"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No sir, you show up to work dressed as a professional, same as golf pro. Wear pants, tuck in your shirt & look the part.

TELL IT !

The definitions seem to be the issue here. An earlier person said it’s not the professional look the tour is know for. It’s not, it’s different but it could still look good. I’m not thinking Augusta or the Opens. Maybe the PGA. Certainly the vast majority of the other events which have become boring to me. It’s worth a look. Soft spikes, long putters, plus 4s, ties and long sleeve shirts. It will be ok.

The trousers they do wear are made of of very light materials. It is not like they are wearing wool. And as others have opined it is a much more professional look. I really wouldn't be complaining if I was earning millions, playing a game in beautiful locations and being treated like a king.

Tennis anyone ?

I suspect that pants are part of the culture of golf because it was a country club sport, but if golf wants to evolve and grow then it needs to adapt to the times. Golf is no longer a sport exclusively played at country clubs. If uniformity is what you want then all the players should go out there with matching tops and bottoms with their last names across the back. If a private club wants to require pants let them, but that shouldn’t be a blanket rule for playing the sport at the professional level.

I doubt anyone on this forum will stop watching golf if players are allowed to wear shorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely should be allowed. As for dressing like a professional; my office went casual last year - t-shirt, jeans, tennis shoes. I have no problem with them wearing shorts.

Shorts should have been allowed years ago.

100% shorts allowed option, it makes no sense otherwise.

I wouldn't have a problem with it, though I do think things can get too casual. They have the word "professional" attached to their names and long pants do look more professional.

100 years ago, you were required to wear jacket and tie, as well. At least some rules have changed over time. Eventually, shorts will be allowed in the summer for non-major events. But most of the year, it will still be pants because its isn't hot enough.

Id be fine with it. Shorts should have been allowed years ago. I mean, its kind of funny that they allow shorts on the LPGA Tour but we all know why that is...

No. In fact they should ditch the stupid baseball hats.

No. In fact they should ditch the stupid baseball hats.

danggam whippersnappers and their "hats"

and you best better button that collar up, mister

and shave those sideburns

YykbR4g.png

I think Bermuda would be the perfect event to allow shorts for the guys. Professional attire on the island is suit tie and Bermuda shorts with long socks. No need to complain about it being not a "professional look" in that case.

danggam whippersnappers and their "hats"

and you best better button that collar up, mister

and shave those sideburns

YykbR4g.png

I know its tough for people who represent fortune 500 companies and millions of dollars to look professional while playing a sport when, not too long ago, the likes of Bobby Jones wore coats and ties. You must be the guy who yells, "Get in the hole!" at tournaments after every shot? All class.

Back