Shorts on the PGA Tour

Most can't wear shorts to their jobs but I'm self employed so I can wear shorts if I want to.
Pro's are self employed- let them wear shorts if they want to.

I don’t care either way, but I’m definitely not opposed to shorts on the PGA Tour.

I know its tough for people who represent fortune 500 companies and millions of dollars to look professional while playing a sport when, not too long ago, the likes of Bobby Jones wore coats and ties. You must be the guy who yells, "Get in the hole!" at tournaments after every shot? All class.

i prefer GEE GOLLY JEEEEEPERS

hat and a tie, no coat, is that a foul? do knickers count or should all pants go to the ankle (just don't show skin heathen)

oWGYwcb.jpg

It's unprofessional and looks bad. The same thing applies to professional musicians. Are there really any professionals left in America?

Start with the Hawaii tournaments at the start of the year and see how it goes.

I for one don’t care either way. It won’t effect how I enjoy the game.

It's unprofessional and looks bad. The same thing applies to professional musicians. Are there really any professionals left in America?

Yes, it’s called anyone who gets paid for what they do. Clearly you’ve never worked in software.

The idea of Tim Herron or Craig Stadler wearing cargo shorts on the screen will not attract sponsors or advertisers.

Maximum waist size of 36" should be a good guide.

The idea of Tim Herron or Craig Stadler wearing cargo shorts on the screen will not attract sponsors or advertisers.

Maximum waist size of 36" should be a good guide.

Yeah but you know Jon Rahm wears like a 40 waist then gets them tailored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m all in on pants, clearly biased as that’s all I wear. It’s a better look. This is especially true with our performance fabrics and tapered styles, it’s sharp. It’s no long an issue with heat etc, we are looking svelt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care what they wear. The pants do look nice though, I bet many of them would continue to wear them.

I'm sure people complained about the change from having to wear a tie to being a little more casual.

Times change, fashion changes, I think you can absolutely wear nice shorts and still look like a professional! I think it's ridiculous that pro golfers don't have the choice. I think they should be allowed to wear shorts if they want to.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Yes, it’s called anyone who gets paid for what they do. Clearly you’ve never worked in software.

You mean the people we don't want leaving the office ever. We put their offices in the back of the building so visitors don't see them because they look bad for the company image. Yes, I know people who work in software.

I guess in general I am slightly confused how people relate golfing to an office job and not playing a game professionally. Does the NBA not wear shorts? Why is it that other sports can be sports, but all of a sudden golf is a sales job? Every sport has a uniform, yet golf is somehow a professional setting. The vast majority of people wear shorts while playing golf.

The other ironic thing is that if it had always been shorts with golf, and this was an argument to be able to wear pants, the same people would be arguing against letting them wear pants.

i prefer GEE GOLLY JEEEEEPERS

hat and a tie, no coat, is that a foul? do knickers count or should all pants go to the ankle (just don't show skin heathen)

oWGYwcb.jpg

So if you have a contractor come to your house to perform work are you going to hire the team that has sloppy shirts and jeans or the team with a clean uniform with pressed slacks that say I give a crap about my appearance so I'm more likely to give a crap about taking care of your house?

We should just wear whatever we want on the course. Wife beaters, jean shorts, etc....

So if you have a contractor come to your house to perform work are you going to hire the team that has sloppy shirts and jeans or the team with a clean uniform with pressed slacks that say I give a crap about my appearance so I'm more likely to give a crap about taking care of your house?

We should just wear whatever we want on the course. Wife beaters, jean shorts, etc....

why would i want my contractor and their team to look like a bunch of suits?

I'd prefer something like this, you know, people that work

vABPghA.jpg

slacks to build a house, that's a good one :banana:

Because shorts made of performance materials and specifically FOR golf are exactly the same as wife beaters and jean shorts.

I don't really have an opinion on this, other than let the Players decide. Theres something appealing about the tradition of pants to me, but as a guy who hates sweating my bag off I'd want to wear shorts sometimes too.

Because shorts made of performance materials and specifically FOR golf are exactly the same as wife beaters and jean shorts.

Both look equally unprofessional.

Both look equally unprofessional.

Ok, I’ll bite, how?

Because if that’s the stance, then the modern pants they wear too should be unprofessional compared to the standard garb of the olden days, no?

warning sexist remark coming - I'm okay with them wearing shorts as long as they aren't those baggy ones, in my opinion basketball was ruined for me when they started wearing those baggy shorts

Ok, I’ll bite, how?

Because if that’s the stance, then the modern pants they wear too should be unprofessional compared to the standard garb of the olden days, no?

I guess I don't see how pants are different than pants from years ago. Dress pants are dress pants. How does the time period change that? Materials are different but they are still wearing pants. They aren't showing their hairy disgusting legs in either era.

Golf had always been set to a higher professional standard than other sports.

I guess I don't see how pants are different than pants from years ago. Dress pants are dress pants. How does the time period change that? Materials are different but they are still wearing pants. They aren't showing their hairy disgusting legs in either era.

Golf had always been set to a higher professional standard than other sports.

They also didn't often play in the climates and regions they do now in other eras.

I also find it hilarious that a professional sport's attire must be in line with an corporate attire.

I also find it amazing that so many would still be against this idea if it was just each tournaments decision, but the majors all still required pants.

The old men's club has to evolve.

The old men's club has to evolve.

I'm far from an old man but I do have pride in my appearance. That is something that is lost on many in society today.

I'm far from an old man but I do have pride in my appearance. That is something that is lost on many in society today.

TELL IT !

People can take pride in any number of things; I would rather a professional golfer take pride in the quality of their game than the length of their pants..

Golf is a competitive sport - baseball, soccer, nba, football - there are no other professional sports where the expectation is for someone to wear slacks a button down shirt (perhaps tie?) and compete at the highest levels. It makes no sense whatsoever to put competitive athletes in clothing that may hinder their movements

Back