2019 The Northern Trust: FedEx Cup Playoffs Begin

Well Rory just assessed a two shot penalty for touching a clump of sand behind his ball that he thought was a rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could have sworn you can accidentally touch the sand now.

Edit: yea, here it is:

The New Rule: Under Rules 12.2a and 12.2b, the player will be allowed to touch or move loose impediments in a bunker and will be generally allowed to touch the sand with a hand or club. You still can't intentionally touch the sand to “test” it. And you can't clip the sand during a practice swing.

Doesn't seem to be intentional to me. I really don't get the new rules in place if they aren't actually going to use them.

Grillo found a bird on the course.

2019 The Northern Trust: FedEx Cup Playoffs Begin

Grillo found a bird on the course.

Seriously. Hahaha and the wrong type of birdie.

The New Rule: Under Rules 12.2a and 12.2b, the player will be allowed to touch or move loose impediments in a bunker and will be generally allowed to touch the sand with a hand or club. You still can't intentionally touch the sand to “test” it. And you can't clip the sand during a practice swing.

Doesn't seem to be intentional to me. I really don't get the new rules in place if they aren't actually going to use them.

That is what I thought. We need a red flag to throw!

Right and absolutely explained that as well. I was scratching my head as well.

Right and absolutely explained that as well. I was scratching my head as well.

Would the PGA ever reverse a penalty? It seems to me this shouldn't have been assessed under the new "simplified" rules of golf.

I would, just once, like to see an on site official make a decision! Every time an on site official listens to a player, then says "I'll have to check" and off we go on a 5 minute delay. If you don't know what the rules are, get behind the ropes and spectate.

About Tiger, stick a fork in him.....he's done. The Masters, and especially Sundays stellar play, seems to have taken a huge toll on him.

I heard something about Webb Simpsons driver being damaged and a replacement denied. Did anyone get the story on that?

Now I'm confused, I thought the new rule allowed you to touch the sand and Rory is assessed a two stroke penalty? He said he thought it was a rock but was sand. Is that interpreted as testing the sand?

improving your lie though?

So JB can plumb bob for 5 min over a 2 inch putt and not get a penalty and Rory get a two stroke penalty for this. I say leave it up to the rules official following the group to make these calls based on INTENT (which in other instances seems to be the overruling factor), also means they cannot call in every freaking situation but make calls on the fly (which other sports do all the time). That was a bad call imo and does nothing to draw in the casual fan, I bet most of the people around the green thought he made a big putt for par....

Yea they reversed the call. Rory got par and finished -9

Yea they reversed the call. Rory got par and finished -9

Awesome, was hoping that might happen.

I got to play Liberty National last week. Was cool playing with the stands all set up.

CBS showing any golf today?

My CBS with DirecTV is in a contract dispute. Been pissing me off for the last month.

It is fascinating watching Spieth having the mental issues on the weekend. It looks like he is so close and something derails him. Hope he puts it together soon.

My CBS with DirecTV is in a contract dispute. Been pissing me off for the last month.

I have DirecTV and the golf was on. Unfortunately, the first 30 minutes they have to run some stupid feel good story instead of showing golf.

The CBS sports channel has been blacked out though.

Nice start for Speith, would like to see him rebound after yesterday's debacle.

jhtr20;n8873744 said:
Nice start for Speith, would like to see him rebound after yesterday's debacle.

It looks like he is close to getting it all put together...

Yikes on Rahm. Nice chunk in the green

HV3 making a serious run. Would love to see him rise to the top over Reed & Rahm.

Danimal;n8873857 said:
HV3 making a serious run. Would love to see him rise to the top over Reed & Rahm.

And he is usually

18518012c72d0582a35067cc1643904a.jpg

Back