The Official Rory McIlroy Thread

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
As the current #1 golfer in the world, for now!!! I was surprised we hadn't created a thread for him.

With Tiger's win imminent I wonder how motivated he will be to regain that #1 ranking.

Looks like he's putting in the practice:
6a00d8341caaef53ef017d424805b8970c-pi

6a00d8341caaef53ef017ee9bc0504970d-pi

Current #1 golfer in the world, for what... 15 more seconds?haha

I hope to see Rory play well at Augusta. Tiger vs Rory would be awesome.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but how inadequate must that guy next to Rory at the range feel about his own game at that very moment?

if Rory wins next week does he regain number 1?

Current #1 golfer in the world, for what... 15 more seconds?haha
Yeah, as Tiger was coming down the stretch it really got me thinking about Rory for some reason!
I hope to see Rory play well at Augusta. Tiger vs Rory would be awesome.
That would be one epic match-up for sure!!!

Weird to see him in shorts heh.

what's he doing with a stand bag? Amateur

if Rory wins next week does he regain number 1?

According to something I read on ESPN (not the best source for golfing news and what not), yes, he would.

I expect a strong showing out of Rory next week, and I think that will really help build excitement for Augusta. Tiger on his game, Rory on his game, Phil freaking loves that place, maybe another good week for Fowler if he can get over that breakdown with the water balls....all signs pointing to a really good Masters tournament.

I cant see Rory catching Tiger for a while. He's partying like he won the lottery (he kind of did) while Tiger is winning tournaments. Very different headspace.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but how inadequate must that guy next to Rory at the range feel about his own game at that very moment?

Wow that made me laugh.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

That course (Crandon park) is 10 minutes from downtown Miami and my work. Maybe I'll hit a bucket next to Rors on my lunch break tomorrow lol.

That's a great, tough track if anyone is ever in town.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I wonder how many swings he actually got in before he was mobbed.

that is pretty friggin' cool.

Wouldn't it be funny if he came over to give you some swing advice. I'd say "Nah dude i've seen your swing lately and i'll be just fine on my own"

Wouldn't it be funny if he came over to give you some swing advice. I'd say "Nah dude i've seen your swing lately and i'll be just fine on my own"

That wouldnt happen..."its the new equipment" lol. Could you imagine being the guy that didnt know who he was when asked that then seeing him get mobbed!

If he is where I think he is, not many venture down there. I applaud his work ethic and not being afraid to hit next to Seemoreguy...I wonder if he is hitting the common egg or did Nike send in some balls

That's pretty cool, hope getting back to basics helps him a bit.

Back