The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I agree'd with the pga confidential guys who mused that this is likely a way for tiger to dodge the still fresh haney book thing, and that eldrick will probably return to the more traditional press conference in the near future.

I'm not saying it's right, just that's what I think is going on here.

I agree that he should do the press conference, if even if it is chalk full of dumb questions (i'm not saying it is, just that if it is he should still do it) because that's kind of part of his job. The problem with these situations (and i'm not even sure if it's a problem, but i'm not sure how else to phrase it) is that when a guy like eldrick stiff arm's the press, the people in the most vocal position to react to it are the press; they usually come off as whining writers that are bitter that they were scorned. It's not necessarily true, but it's how it appears.

In Tiger's website video Q&A he said that all 14 clubs in the bag were Nike and that he was "still working on the ball". What did he mean by that? Is he saying he's not playing a Nike ball or just still playing an older version, One Tour D or something.

In Tiger's website video Q&A he said that all 14 clubs in the bag were Nike and that he was "still working on the ball". What did he mean by that? Is he saying he's not playing a Nike ball or just still playing an older version, One Tour D or something.

No, I think he just meant that he's still working on trying to figure out how to hit the ball!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

He still plays a Nike ball. Has not switched to a newer version yet though.

This guys is misses are all over the place. He's close to being back though.

This guys is misses are all over the place. He's close to being back though.
He kind of sounds like a few THPers? Takes a few weeks off, says his swing is coming along great and he has it all clicking. Shows up at a tournament and is spraying balls all over the place?

Solved! Tiger is now an internet golfer!

He kind of sounds like a few THPers? Takes a few weeks off, says his swing is coming along great and he has it all clicking. Shows up at a tournament and is spraying balls all over the place?

Did you just say Tiger Woods is INGolfer? I mean the two have not been seen together, so it could be true. Plus, they both have similar styles of rap I am guessing. They both are going to be fans of Andrew Luck. I think you might be onto something.

Did you just say Tiger Woods is INGolfer? I mean the two have not been seen together, so it could be true. Plus, they both have similar styles of rap I am guessing. They both are going to be fans of Andrew Luck. I think you might be onto something.
Hahaha...did I say that? :alien:

I am starting to think that Tiger should stop doing that rehersal swing. At first, he was doing it to protect from his an old bad habit... being laid-off. But now, he often hit pull/draws, typically because he is coming down steep with a closed face. Seems like his actual swing is becoming more like that exagerrated paractice swing. Maybe he should rehearse being laid off. Ha.

I think he should shelf the driver. He needs to rely on the 3wood (which he still hits like 290) but at least he finds fairways with it.

I think he should shelf the driver. He needs to rely on the 3wood (which he still hits like 290) but at least he finds fairways with it.

Shoot... he could practically hit 290 with that 2i in his bag. Stinger all day baby.

Shoot... he could practically hit 290 with that 2i in his bag. Stinger all day baby.

He should. I don't understand why he hits the driver.

He should. I don't understand why he hits the driver.

I'm really starting to think it's an ego think for him. Though he is 2nd in overall driving. I wonder if they took the 3-wood of the tee stats out of that what he would be ranked.

I'm really starting to think it's an ego think for him. Though he is 2nd in overall driving. I wonder if they took the 3-wood of the tee stats out of that what he would be ranked.

Not 2nd, that's for sure.

Not 2nd, that's for sure.

Someone could use some Rocketballz in their life...

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Totally agree, doesn't make sense for Tiger to hit the driver. According to Haney, he has driver yips, he has a desire to be the best at every club, so he continues to hit it on holes where he 'should' be able to hit it. Pull the driver and add back your Scotty Cameron putter, because that Nike thing isn't working....

Tiger is a terrible putter and his Cameroon won't help much. He needs to embrace the mallet.

Tiger is a terrible putter and his Cameroon won't help much. He needs to embrace the Perkins Family Restaurants again.

FIFY Kevin.

I overheard this little conversation that two guys were having Saturday at the Wells Fargo.

Guy 1 "My dad said hey to Tiger this week."
Guy 2 "Oh yeah? What did he say?"
Guy 1 "My dad asked him if he was excited about the Presidents cup, that he was excited about the President's Cup. And Tiger said to him, 'I don't give an f*** about the presidents cup. I just..."

I didn't hear what he said after that, but not necessarily the best fan interaction.

I overheard this little conversation that two guys were having Saturday at the Wells Fargo.

Guy 1 "My dad said hey to Tiger this week."
Guy 2 "Oh yeah? What did he say?"
Guy 1 "My dad asked him if he was excited about the Presidents cup, that he was excited about the President's Cup. And Tiger said to him, 'I don't give an f*** about the presidents cup. I just..."

I didn't hear what he said after that, but not necessarily the best fan interaction.

Might not care, considering it's a Ryder cup year.

Tiger is a victim of OVER-COACHING. Sure, a coach is needed at his level to help fine tune a swing & identify faults. A coach is not needed to be over your shoulder & observe every practice shot on the range & on teh course. He's Tiger F'n Woods - he just needs to get back to the woodshed & work it out at the range by himself. Repeatedly. He's obviously over-coached and must feel he can't get to where he wants to be without one at his beck and call ... seems to me like a lack of self confidence.

Back