The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Some of us were saying that this situation is no one's business. I still stand by that. Others were skeptical of anything printed in the Enquirer with good reason. My understanding is that Tiger has apologized, but not confessed to anything. The real question is why are you so gleeful?

Not confessed to anything?????? Umm does the word "transgressions" mean anything to you? Says he hurt his family, etc etc. He is not going to come right out & say "heck yes I slept with so & so". Have you read any of the transcripts that Jaimee has provided? How about listening to the voicemail?

And gleeful? I'm happy he fessed up but i'm actually pretty damn pissed about the entire deal. I love watching Tiger on the course & have always considered him to be a great role model for kids....until the last few years with the cussing & tossing clubs. Basically the last chance right now for an athlete to be a good role model has just thrown it away.

I'm disappointed in Tiger.

Nonetheless, I'm disappointed. Does it affect my life? Will my daughter and millions of other kids be traumatized? No, but I can still be disappointed. I know he gives millions to charity through his foundation, but screwing around the way he has while his wife was carrying and giving birth to his kids is just sad. It's sad and classless behavior no matter who engages in it.

At least it is in my world. Your world may vary.

Kevin

Agreed 110% Kevin.

Not confessed to anything?????? Umm does the word "transgressions" mean anything to you? Says he hurt his family, etc etc. He is not going to come right out & say "heck yes I slept with so & so". Have you read any of the transcripts that Jaimee has provided? How about listening to the voicemail?

And gleeful? I'm happy he fessed up but i'm actually pretty damn pissed about the entire deal. I love watching Tiger on the course & have always considered him to be a great role model for kids....until the last few years with the cussing & tossing clubs. Basically the last chance right now for an athlete to be a good role model has just thrown it away.

There's always NASCAR
Spoiler
if they are considered athletes j/k

There's always NASCAR
Spoiler
if they are considered athletes j/k

NASCAR, really? There are not too many role models for kids in that sport either. 3 or 4 over the last couple years popped on drugged tests, some repeat offenders, lost count how many purposefully try and wreck someone on pit road and in turn endanger the workers on pit road, JG divorced and cheated on his 1st wife, the temper tantrums that a lot of them throw is just embarrassing IMO and the cursing and poor sportsmanship is probably one of the highest. I used to be one of the biggest fans, attended 6-10 races a year, had season tickets at NV, CA and AZ tracks and over the last 2 years haven't attended 1 race and canceled my season tickets as it has gotten so bad. It's become more like the WWE than car racing.

Some of us were saying that this situation is no one's business. I still stand by that. Others were skeptical of anything printed in the Enquirer with good reason. My understanding is that Tiger has apologized, but not confessed to anything. The real question is why are you so gleeful?

What do you suppose he's apologizing for ? An illegal left turn ? Who's gleeful ? You, a few others including JB, who's commentary on this subject just fell off the map... go figure, were wrong and quite adamant in defense of Tiger despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. There were a number of posts harshly critical of those who had the audacity to suggest Tiger was not telling the truth, even though it was plainly obvious. Precious few of those critics since this morning's revelation, though. I guess humble pie is not on the menu at THP. At least you are posting Diane, even though you're still trying to stand by your man... good effort. TMZ & The Enquirer were right. They nearly always are as a few here have pointed out. Tiger has feet of clay. Big deal. I hope it all works out for Elin and the kids. They certainly didn't deserve this.

2 more news bits coming out today. Rachel is supposedly going to admit the affair. And Elin & Rachel were texting each other back & forth before Tiger crashed his Escalade.

2 more news bits coming out today. Rachel is supposedly going to admit the affair. And Elin & Rachel were texting each other back & forth before Tiger crashed his Escalade.

At least it wasn't Tiger texting before the crash.

Actually my thoughts on this subject were and still are the same thing. Not once do I believe I defended him and not once did I ever say anything of the sort. What I said was that I will wait for the facts because there are too many holes and I never trust the Enquirer because although they have been right, they are wrong far more often. That nobody needed to make accusations about anybody until facts were released. I was and always will be skeptical of a news source that does not fact check and openly admits that.

The fact that anybody is excited and happy about this shows a lot about who they are as individuals. I am not a Tiger fan. Heck I root against him in just about every tournament. But I believe that he earned the benefit of the doubt and I would do the same for just about anybody else that I believe has lived an honest life up until that point.

It wreaks of jealousy and chest thumping, and if that is what people want to be, then so be it.

Why would anyone have to apologize for not jumping to conclusions until the facts were out? I'm not sure I'd bet my house based on the veracity of Enquirer or TMZ reporting.

lesson one, if you mess around at least mess around with someone who has more $$$ than you & nothing to gain.

Who does that leave for Tiger? Oprah?

Tiger needed to be caught. Now that he admitted that he slept around, I am glad he was caught. I have been thinking a lot about being a brand image and what that means. You guys were right, he lives in the public eye and is held to a higher liability than the rest of us because of the nature of being famous. If he didn't want the attention, he should not have cheated. It still does not make the media any less vicious and IMO in the wrong, but there is money in that and it will never go away. I just feel sorry for the kids. They are the true victims in this situation.

The NE are still vicious rumor mongers wanting to make a buck by ruining someone's life, they just happened to be right this time. They should change their name to Affair Enquirer.

Elin's & Tiger's Pre-Nup is being, uhm, Renegotiated

Elin now has the upper hand:

$5 million to stay, payable right now...

When the couple married on Oct. 5, 2004, at the Sandy Lane resort in Barbados, Elin signed a prenuptial agreement reportedly worth $20 million after 10 years of marriage, not considered a large payout for someone who was already as successful as Tiger by then. (The tightlipped Woods camp, almost obsessive about releasing any personal information after Tiger’s blundering interviews with GQ in 1997, has never acknowledged the existence of the first prenup, although it’s been widely reported).

But in light of a string of women coming forward to say they had affairs with Tiger since his marriage, Elin has demanded that the prenup be rewritten, Chicago Sun-Times columnist Bill Zwecker reported Wednesday. “The links legend’s spouse is reportedly being paid a hefty seven-figure amount—immediately transferred [sic] into an account she alone controls—to stick with her husband,” Zwecker wrote. “At this point, the couple needed to remain married for 10 years in order for Woods’ wife to collect a splitsville settlement of $20 million. I’m being told that time frame has been shortened—and the dollar amount increased ‘substantially.’”

The lawyer familiar with the couple’s negotiations told The Daily Beast that Tiger also has agreed to shorten the original prenup to seven years from the date of marriage, meaning it will vest in another two. And the revised agreement provides for a staggered schedule of payments spread out over five years that could be worth upward of $75 million. So for Elin to collect $80 million, she’ll need to stay with Tiger another seven years, be a dutiful wife in showing up with him at social events and in public as if they were still the perfect couple, and sign a nondisclosure form that will prevent her from ever telling her story. Even if she lasts only two more years, she’ll still walk away with nearly twice what she was entitled to under the original prenup.

Tiger’s advisers, who have successfully gotten the couple into counseling sessions, believe that keeping the marriage intact will help Tiger keep his corporate sponsors and bolster his dented image. Elin is herself considered a good asset.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-12-03/new-details-on-tigers-prenup/?cid=bs:archive3

I don't understand that.Why spend so much maoney to make/force Elin to stay?

This is getting uglier by the minute

I can't imagine Woods would leave Elin out in the cold as she will be taking raising the children.

I can't imagine Woods would leave Elin out in the cold as she will be taking raising the children.

Don't count on the good will of others. In my lifetime, I have seen way too many cases where the children just become pawns in a larger battle. Divorces are nasty business and good intentions get sidetracked into bitter, unreasonable bickering.

It's interesting - the posts in this thread tell me more about everyone than almost any other thread on here. I'm quite happy I can't see who voted in the poll about the children because that poll set a new low.

It's interesting - the posts in this thread tell me more about everyone than almost any other thread on here. I'm quite happy I can't see who voted in the poll about the children because that poll set a new low.

I didn't vote.

Tiger’s advisers, who have successfully gotten the couple into counseling sessions, believe that keeping the marriage intact will help Tiger keep his corporate sponsors and bolster his dented image. Elin is herself considered a good asset.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-12-03/new-details-on-tigers-prenup/?cid=bs:archive3

I don't understand that.Why spend so much maoney to make/force Elin to stay?

This is getting uglier by the minute
It's a business decision, he'll make more money as a "happily" married man than a cheating divorcee.

I have to agree with Diane. Hasn't this story ran it's course now? It's getting silly now. I heard the crisis management "expert" TGC had on last night say Tiger needs to repent to us. Huh?! How are WE involved with him and his transgressions against his family?

+1

I have followed this thread with a very open mind both about the subject and those posting. I see this as an area that some have strong opinions about and I try to respect everyones regardless of how it differs from mine.

I know common sense sometimes is not part of law decisions on contracts (prenups), but in this case I find it hard to believe their original prenup agreement is still valid. He's the one required the prenup, but is the one who committed adultry. (transgression..lol) It's almost like he knew he was going to do all this extra stuff, and knew he needed to protect his handlers, and his fortune. I thought prenups were designed to protect husbands/wives against gold diggers marrying into money, and not to protect in this case the ***** mongering husband out playing around.

So with a new marriage contract between them, (per Big Lefty's post) she will be nothing more than a negotiated business associate, who just happens to have to stay married to him, and is the mother of his children in order to receive more money.

Let's just hope final slam of some illegitimate kid(s) don't show up from some other women, who have been paid off.

Good thing Tiger is a good golfer, and donates a lot of his winning to charities, as that's all he has now. That, and all his PGA buddies.

I thought the poll was over the top too. It's too bad when the thread got merged that the poll had to come with it. I doubt that many people are reading this thread for the first time, but it should be noted that Gasman did not create the poll.

The poll was a legitimate question. Although, I think the answer would be pretty obvious to all. I love these prenups that get signed with celebrities like this one and the Katie/Tom prenup. They are hilarious. Katies is similar apparently, stay married for 10 years, produce 2 children, raise them as Scientologists, etc. where do they come up with this crap? These celebrities treat their wives/husbands nothing more than business deals. To put it bluntly, its nothing more than being a $20 mil *****.

Yes they sure do. People blaming the messengers, who contrary to some claims here are almost always right about this sort of thing, otherwise they would have been out of business a long time ago. People blaming the other women, who if I'm not mistaken were not committing adultery and simply telling the truth. Defending poor Tiger and his lack of a private life. Geez, the most famous celebrity in the world can't even conduct his serial philandering in peace. What's this world coming to ? :confused2:

Reactions: JB
It's a business decision, he'll make more money as a "happily" married man than a cheating divorcee.

I knew that,But are you saying money can buy love?

She will never trust him again and doubt she will ever have those loving feelings for tiger again.Why stay and be miserable?

Back