The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Our Friend Ryan B at Waggle Room got to speak with the alleged mistress of Tiger Woods yesterday and here is that interview.

I spoke with Rachel Uchitel, the New York City woman identified by the National Enquirer in this week's issue as having carried on an affair with golfer Tiger Woods. Internet rumors have swirled since the initial release of the Enquirer to newsstands on Wednesday. A car accident involving only Woods outside of his Isleworth home on early Friday morning fueled further speculation that the accident and the Enquirer report were somehow connected.

Uchitel and I spoke on the phone on Friday evening to get her side of the story concerning the Enquirer article despite "not [being] supposed to talk much about this yet."

Uchitel vehemently and patently denied the allegations made in the Enquirer piece. In fact, Uchitel told Waggle Room that she spoke to the Enquirer for the piece - and her quotes were not published.

"My quotes were not even run [by the Enquirer]," Uchitel said. "Their story was not even close to the conversation that we had."

The New York City native is the Director of VIP services for Pink Elephant, a company that specializes in the nightclub scene in the Big Apple. Uchitel told me that the story runs contradictory to what her job entails.

"As part of my job, I have to keep many secrets about celebrities, so for [the Enquirer to report] me as going around telling people about something like this doesn't make sense." Uchitel added, "I'm not that big of an idiot."

"Other things have happened in my past that would prevent me from doing anything like this," Uchitel said - an allusion to prior celebrity rag reports that she has been linked to other celebrities and athletes. "I have traveled with men that are quietly more important than Tiger Woods and it is incredibly difficult to get to their hotel room.

"So, then, how is it possible that I walked up to the counter at [Woods'] hotel in Melbourne, asked for a room key, and went to the 35th floor?"

"And that I would be dumb enough to let the Enquirer into the elevator and see me push the button saying '35?'"

Uchitel said that the purported facts behind the Woods story "don't make common sense."

Uchitel said that she is frequently considered the subject of these kinds of rumors because she is often photographed with the celebrities that she is expected to cater to as part of her job.

The 34 year old was vehement when she said, "My job has nothing to do with my sexual past."

As for Ashley Samson - the woman that was the source for the Enquirer story, Uchitel told me that she is not her friend and what she told the Enquirer was "completely outlandish" insinuating that Samson may have spoken to the magazine in exchange for a sizable payout.

"These reporters should do some fact checking and research on who supplied this information [to the Enquirer]."

As a former television producer for Bloomberg, Uchitel was appalled at the lack of research into the facts of the story and how it was told.

Uchitel is concerned that these reports will ruin her place within her industry.

Further, Uchitel is hurt that she is being judged by strangers that don't know her and people "writing about stuff that they don't know."

She thanked me for the opportunity to tell her side of the story - something she feels has yet to have come out throughout this situation.

Much ado about nothing. Jmho.

Well that settles it then. I mean they asked her a question & she answered it. Just like Clinton, Edwards, Kobe, Ted Haggard, Jimmy Swaggart, Larry Craig, Mark Foley, etc. Yep, all done & over with it, just like Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, A-Rod, Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds....oh wait they are all innocent too, at least they & their publicists claim so.:D

At least they never reported on Bat Boy.

In situations like this everyone involved or should I say possibly involved tends to cover their butts real quick. But more often than not the 1st reported story turns out to be factual. I hope for Elins sake it's all a bunch of bs.

im just glad hes ok.

and i have went out the house at 3am before..not because i fell out with the wife, but to keep her happy and get her ice cream..:D

It sounds like Tiger is fine and thats good enough for me. My daughter was in an accident a short time ago and it didn't even get past the local accident reports, lol.

I understand they can't leave it alone, but for the life of me I can't see what business it is of mine.

I don't think anyone is believing anything one way or another here. I find it odd that someone can't speculate on what they think may have happened before all the facts have come out, this is all discussion and no one knows the truth! Almost every place I consider credible is still saying there are a lot of unanswered questions, and that I believe is the cause of all the speculation.

I would hardly call someone who is
the Director of VIP services for Pink Elephant, a company that specializes in the nightclub scene in the Big Apple
credible! If you ask me the chick is being painted as a celebrity gold digger, and I have a feeling that assumption may not be far off.... Of course there has been no proof of that either.... just sayin'.

But I am getting confused, are we still talking about the wreck or have we moved on to the alleged affair now?

He should have got Stevie to give him a line out his driveway.

Its well known Tiger usually drives around 300 yards.

Tiger Woods: Injuries Caused by Wife, Not SUV | TMZ.com

Tiger has yet to be formally interviewed by the Florida Highway Patrol -- that should happen this afternoon. But we're told Tiger had a conversation Friday -- with a non-law enforcement type -- detailing what went down before his Escalade hit a fire hydrant.

We're told he said his wife had confronted him about reports that he was seeing another woman. The argument got heated and, according to our source, she scratched his face up. We're told it was then Woods beat a hasty retreat for his SUV -- but according to our source, Woods says his wife followed behind with a golf club. As Tiger drove away, she struck the vehicle several times with the club.

We're told Woods became "distracted," thought the vehicle was stopped, and looked to see what had happened. At that point the SUV hit the fire hydrant and then hit a tree.

We're also told Woods had said during the conversation Friday he had been taking prescription pain medication for an injury, which could explain why he seemed somewhat out of it at the scene.

Read more: Tiger Woods: Injuries Caused by Wife, Not SUV | TMZ.com

Tiger Woods: Injuries Caused by Wife, Not SUV | TMZ.com

Tiger has yet to be formally interviewed by the Florida Highway Patrol -- that should happen this afternoon. But we're told Tiger had a conversation Friday -- with a non-law enforcement type -- detailing what went down before his Escalade hit a fire hydrant.

We're told he said his wife had confronted him about reports that he was seeing another woman. The argument got heated and, according to our source, she scratched his face up. We're told it was then Woods beat a hasty retreat for his SUV -- but according to our source, Woods says his wife followed behind with a golf club. As Tiger drove away, she struck the vehicle several times with the club.

We're told Woods became "distracted," thought the vehicle was stopped, and looked to see what had happened. At that point the SUV hit the fire hydrant and then hit a tree.

We're also told Woods had said during the conversation Friday he had been taking prescription pain medication for an injury, which could explain why he seemed somewhat out of it at the scene.

Read more: Tiger Woods: Injuries Caused by Wife, Not SUV | TMZ.com

Not saying it isn't true, but TMZ isn't really the most reliable source. Especially since the last TMZ report on it said that FHP said it was a "domestic issue", but FHP has actually stated they do not believe it was a domestic issue.

Ouch! That just goes to show you... You can be one of the greatest golfers the world has ever seen, be worth about 1 billion US$, be the most recognized sport-star around the world......

..... and still you get chased out of your house in the middle of the night by your wife with a frying pan (or similar implement), just like us regular Joes! :D

The sad thing is, even if it was an argument about an alleged affair, it could have been something as simple as Elin being pissed and telling Tiger "You need to do something about this story because it's making me look like an idiot." and Tiger saying "If we address it, then we give it credibility. It will die on it's own." - rather than an argument about an actual affair.

If the story isn't true, I hope they sue the crap out of the National Enquirer and TMZ. I'm so sick of people who think they can do/say anything with no repercussions.

credible! If you ask me the chick is being painted as a celebrity gold digger, and I have a feeling that assumption may not be far off.... Of course there has been no proof of that either.... just sayin'.
?
Really Craig? What gave you that idea?
"Other things have happened in my past that would prevent me from doing anything like this," Uchitel said - an allusion to prior celebrity rag reports that she has been linked to other celebrities and athletes. "I have traveled with men that are quietly more important than Tiger Woods and it is incredibly difficult to get to their hotel room.
:act-up:

As far as the Enquirer goes, I thought they really cleaned up their act after the last huge law suit.

On the off chance that she is reading this, I just want to say:

Elin, I'm here for you.

This isn't about Tiger and Elin's situation specifically. In general, marriage is really really hard, and conducting it in the public spotlight has to ramp up the difficulty level considerably. I'm not about to pass judgment on someone else's marriage.

Somewhere I read something about affairs--generalizations going back to our hunter/gatherer history, but there's something to it. What's supposed to threaten men about adultery is the physical aspect--what if I'm raising someone else's kids? What's supposed to threaten women about adultery is the emotional aspect--what if he abandons me for someone else?

Well, I guess this is about Tiger and Elin's situation, because the supposed other woman doesn't really come across as the type you'd leave your wife for.

This isn't about Tiger and Elin's situation specifically. In general, marriage is really really hard, and conducting it in the public spotlight has to ramp up the difficulty level considerably. I'm not about to pass judgment on someone else's marriage.

Somewhere I read something about affairs--generalizations going back to our hunter/gatherer history, but there's something to it. What's supposed to threaten men about adultery is the physical aspect--what if I'm raising someone else's kids? What's supposed to threaten women about adultery is the emotional aspect--what if he abandons me for someone else?

Well, I guess this is about Tiger and Elin's situation, because the supposed other woman doesn't really come across as the type you'd leave your wife for.

Marriage is hard. Just ask my wife. It is possible that people of Tiger's stature do suffer from a genetic alpha male/head of the clan affliction where sexuality can't be suppressed, I guess. It doesn't make it any more palatable to the masses in most cases. Especially to those slugging it out everyday to live lives in a way they feel is correct or important to their own ideas of family.

I have seen the picture in this thread and read the little about her in the attached articles. Something about her offends my Midwestern sensibilities, what little there are. If Tiger's life is such that he would risk imploding it to be with her, that offends my sensibilities, too, no matter what horrors he may be enduring in his personal life.

The private lives of those in the public eye always seems so tawdry when things go awry, even though the same tawdry things happen to people in every walk of life. Perhaps they seem more tawdry when the famous are involved because somewhere in the collective consciousness, there is a hope there are King Arthur's living in Camelots. Minus the affairs with Lancelot and Marilyn Monroe, of course.

Kevin

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/10438796/Police-want-to-talk-to-Tiger-about-car-accident?GT1=39002

Police will talk to Tiger on Sunday; 911 tape coming
Associated Press

Updated: November 28, 2009, 6:04 PM EST

WINDERMERE, Fla. (AP) - Tiger Woods and his wife were unavailable to speak to state troopers for the second straight day, asking them to return Sunday to clear up questions about how he crashed his SUV into a neighbor's tree. Troopers first tried to talk to Woods on Friday, but the Florida Highway Patrol said his wife, Elin, told troopers Woods was sleeping, and they agreed to return the next day.

On Saturday, the patrol said officers were en route to interview the couple when Woods' agent, Mark Steinberg, called to say they wouldn't be available. Patrol spokesman Sgt. Kim Montes said Woods is not required to talk to troopers in a traffic accident; they only need his driver's license, insurance and registration. She said troopers inside the gates at Isleworth were "looking at other things for their investigation."

Last edited:
He should have got Stevie to give him a line out his driveway.

This is the best quote I've heard in a while, lmao.

The only thing I can really find odd here is that he was driving a Cadillac. Isn't he still sponsored by Buick.

No, his Buick deal has expired.

What this does if the allegations are proven true is show us regular Joes that even though folks like Tiger may have all the $$$ in the world , they still aren't always happy. They have issues just like the rest of us & I like the fact that it humanizes them instead of placing them on some sort of pedastal.

Back