The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Good grief. I don't even understand how this is an issue.
1. Crash.

2. Doors locked, Tiger unconscious.

3. Elin breaks window farthest away from Tiger, reaches in and unlocks that door and then crawls in and hits the unlock button.

4. Goes over to driver's side and opens door and helps Tiger out of car.
That's exactly what I would do if the woman I loved was sitting unconscious in a locked car.

I am not going to speculate as to what actually happened, nor will I offer my own theory. But I will comment on this idea above.

Your above posted scenario is great reasoning if it was a complete stranger busting the windows. But this is his wife, who almost undoubtedly has the keys to that car on her key chain as well. If she heard the crash, came outside and then noticed all the doors were locked, I would think her first thought would be to go back into the house to get her own keys to the door... not go back into the house to find a golf club to bash the windows in.

Tiger has offered his withdrawal from his tournament this week.

I can't take credit for this but thought it was pretty funny:

I heard Tiger hit the hydrant and the tree and still made a par....:laughing:

I am not going to speculate as to what actually happened, nor will I offer my own theory. But I will comment on this idea above.

Your above posted scenario is great reasoning if it was a complete stranger busting the windows. But this is his wife, who almost undoubtedly has the keys to that car on her key chain as well. If she heard the crash, came outside and then noticed all the doors were locked, I would think her first thought would be to go back into the house to get her own keys to the door... not go back into the house to find a golf club to bash the windows in.

Do you know where the spare keys to your spouse's car are? I don't even know where the spare keys to my own car are. If my wife is unconscious and bleeding, I'm grabbing the first object I see and getting her out of that car. Garden gnome, pink flamingo, neighbor's cat - it doesn't matter to me. That window is going down.

Also, Tiger W/D from Chevron:
TigerWoods.com: Tiger unable to play in Chevron World Challenge

I haven't said much here, but has anyone seen the picture that shows BOTH rear windows busted out?

Do you know where the spare keys to your spouse's car are? I don't even know where the spare keys to my own car are. If my wife is unconscious and bleeding, I'm grabbing the first object I see and getting her out of that car. Garden gnome, pink flamingo, neighbor's cat - it doesn't matter to me. That window is going down.

Also, Tiger W/D from Chevron:
TigerWoods.com: Tiger unable to play in Chevron World Challenge

I do. It would be in her car. There's only one key to her car. The spare key for my car is in my car also. Only because I leave it in the glove box. Bad idea I know. When I get home I'll be removing it.

I agree I'm going to use what ever I have to, to get into the car.

I can't take credit for this but thought it was pretty funny:

I heard Tiger hit the hydrant and the tree and still made a par....:laughing:

Ditto on not being able to take credit:

"Tiger's wife may be able to beat him on a Friday, but never on a Sunday."

OK - so I've been hit with several Tiger jokes, here's a couple I remember:

Tiger's wife tried to help him out of a bad lie with a wedge...

Tiger's driving is still an issue, he blames his Caddy...

Also - He's not playing in his own tournament now:

Woods withdraws from tourney - Golf - Yahoo! Sports

I haven't said much here, but has anyone seen the picture that shows BOTH rear windows busted out?

Here are the TMZ ones. I can't tell if they were both smashed, or if one was subsequently rolled down or whatnot:

tiger_woods_0019_Layer_4_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0009_Layer_14_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0012_Layer_11_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0011_Layer_12_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0017_Layer_6_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0000_Layer_23_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0001_Layer_22_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0020_Layer_3_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0015_Layer_8_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0008_Layer_15_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0016_Layer_7_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0007_Layer_16_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0013_Layer_10_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0018_Layer_5_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0003_Layer_20_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0005_Layer_18_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0014_Layer_9_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0004_Layer_19_full.jpg
tiger_woods_0006_Layer_17_full.jpg

Here are the TMZ ones. I can't tell if they were both smashed, or if one was subsequently rolled down or whatnot:

I thought the same thing, but then thought "why?"

Bigger picture:

Hah! Love it when TMZ gets b!tch-slapped!:
Police deny media reports on Woods investigation - Press Tent

November 30, 2009
Police deny media reports on Woods investigation
Posted at 1:47 PM by Mike Walker | Categories: Tiger Woods

The Florida Highway Patrol said Monday it is still investigating Tiger Woods' one-car accident, but that some media reports on the details of that investigation are incorrect.

"Contrary to various media reports, the Florida Highway Patrol has not made any comments regarding the details of the ongoing crash investigation involving Tiger Woods as it relates to medical information, or any other aspect of this investigation," Florida Highway Patrol Sgt. Kim Montes said.

So far, Woods has declined three times to speak to police about the accident near his home early Friday evening, and speculation on the circumstances of the crash is rampant in the traditional media and on the Internet. While the Florida Highway Patrol does not indicate any particular report or media outlet as incorrect, the statement appears directed at TMZ.com's report earlier Monday that investigators are pursuing a search warrant to review Woods' medical records from Health Center Hospital in Ocoee, Fla., where Woods was treated after the accident. TMZ now says that police have not formally sought a warrant, but that investigators are still pursuing one. TMZ also reported that two Florida Highway Patrol troopers visited Health Center Hospital on Monday.

The Florida Highway Patrol said that charges in the accident are "pending" and that the police will not be available for in-person interviews with media outlets.

"At this time, the agency has not scheduled a press conference, and the FHP is not conducting any on-camera, recorded or telephone interviews," Montes said. "All updates will be sent via email."

Wait TMZ does not always tell the truth? No way.

We may never know what was really going on in the Woods household prior to the accident, but I doubt that anyone is going to workout at 2:30 in the morning on a Friday night. Where there is smoke, there is at least more smoke and probably fire.

Yep, been reported in a number of different areas too.

Not quite the first choice for respectable, cool-headed counsel.

I doubt that's what she was going for. Tiger will retain respectable, cool-headed.

And Tiger one ups her with his own sleezy lawyer Mark NeJames. They refer to him as Orlandos Johnnie Cochran.

Why hire a person like this unless there is a hell of a lot more to this story than is being released?

I love this stuff. First everybody wanted her to speak up...She does.
Then everybody said if its a lie sue....They are.
THen everybody said only he would get away with not talking to cops...Also not true.

Its apparent people just like seeing celebrity fall no matter if they are guilty or not. As for his attorney choice, dont believe what you read. He is a GREAT attorney and so is the lady that the "mistress" hired and some people are going to pay. As for those that say you dont hire an attorney unless you have something to hide?????That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You hire someone to protect your interests and give you advice on something that is not in your realm of expertise.

People were so fast to jump on the alleged affair and convicted him of that, yet nobody knew she offered to take a lie detector.

Its the same thing with everybody that has money or celebrity. People just like to see them fall and assume guilt rather than innocence because they want it to be true.

Its the same thing with everybody that has money or celebrity. People just like to see them fall and assume guilt rather than innocence because they want it to be true.

Couldn't possibly be because almost every single time an athlete, politician or other famous person has been accused of a crime, be it drugs, adultry, closet gay, etc......turns out to be factual. I gave a short list of people who were accused & all denied involvement, some..like Barry Bonds & Clemens still won't fess up even though it's 100% obvious.

Quick question, is OJ innocent or guilty of killing his wife & Ron Goldman? And I don't care what the verdict was in that courtroom.

Comparing this crime to OJ is not fair. But you are correct a lot of times they are guilty. But you have to look at all the facts that are out and they are not there. Other than a mistress that denied it ahead of time and offered to take a lie detector test. Yet that was never released.

I believe you also stated that because he was Tiger Woods, he did not have to talk correct? Yet that is completely untrue. People in the spotlight make mistakes no question about it, but if you believed that everytime they were accused of something they were guilty, you are dead wrong. Do you know how many times David Beckham has been accused of things?

For everytime the Enquirer is right, there are 10 times that they are wrong.

And Tiger one ups her with his own sleezy lawyer Mark NeJames. They refer to him as Orlandos Johnnie Cochran.

Why hire a person like this unless there is a hell of a lot more to this story than is being released?

Say what you want about Cochran, but he got the job done.

People like NeJames don't get to where they are without being good at what they do. And the first thing he told Tiger to do was to shut up. And as other attorneys have agreed, "no good comes from giving a statement to the police when you don't have to."

Innocent of wrongdoing or not, this case is high profile. And the FHP is under a lot of pressure to make it seem like they are not giving preferential treatment to Tiger. That means over-pursuing the matter. If this was anyone else, this case would be closed and the matter handed over to the insurance companies. Tiger is doing the right thing and he's getting good legal advice - for both his PR and his legal rights: don't give the police or the public anything to work with when both are on a mission to find some sort of wrongdoing.

Harry is dead right,...Anybody else and this is over already. I have no idea if he is innocent of an affair, and frankly I do not really care. Nor do I really care about this wreck. What I find odd is that so many get pleasure out of watching people fall. That is just a baffling one to me. ANd those that want to deny the pleasure they get are lying to themselves.

I just will never get why the rush to judgement on any case that means so very little without getting facts first.

Harry is dead right,...Anybody else and this is over already. I have no idea if he is innocent of an affair, and frankly I do not really care. Nor do I really care about this wreck. What I find odd is that so many get pleasure out of watching people fall. That is just a baffling one to me. ANd those that want to deny the pleasure they get are lying to themselves.

I just will never get why the rush to judgement on any case that means so very little without getting facts first.

Schadenfreude

Comparing this crime to OJ is not fair. But you are correct a lot of times they are guilty. But you have to look at all the facts that are out and they are not there. Other than a mistress that denied it ahead of time and offered to take a lie detector test. Yet that was never released.

Not comparing it to OJ's case at all, merely asking if you thought he was guilty of a crime he was aquitted of in court. You have all the facts of that case, a jury decided he wasn't guilty & yet everyone & their brother agrees he did the deed. We don't always need supposed facts, lawyers & courts to know what went down.

And regarding the lie detector test, funny how so many claim afterwards "I was willing to submit". Real easy to state that when the deed is already done. This chick is not some innocent woman who hasn't been involved in any shady crap with celebrities. This is definitely not her first rodeo & I personally would not believe a damn thing she said.

Like I said before, I truly hope Tiger is innocent & can prove it. But by refusing to clear the air, hiding behind a sleezy lawyer, etc. He is simply fueling the fire. This entire thing would go away if he would stand up & answer the questions being asked honestly. If he & Elin had a fight over the enquirer story, hell most of us would understand that & sympathize with the poor guy. Whom here hasn't had a big blowout at some point with their spouse?

I honestly think most people don't even care about the alledged mistress, they want to know a couple easy questions to answer.

#1. Did you & Elin have a fight?
#2. Did she cause the facial lacerations?
#3. Did she bash in your windows during your escape?

I saw picts of the wrecked car today on TV. I might be wrong but I think I read some where that the air bags did not deploy after the collision with the fire hydrant, and the tree. I think they said it was due to the low speed of the impact(s). Now the pictures might show more damage than there really is to the vehicle, but it sure looked like the ABs should have deployed, if in fact they didn't. What kind of vehicle was he driving? Would the air bags have save him from the facial injuries, and being knocked unconscious if they would have inflated? Might be a law suit for him there in addition to those published rumors.

dyna,
You and I both know that if he answered the questions, everybody would accuse it of PR spin. No way does anybody let it go. How in the world does that solve anything.

If they said nothing, they were guilty. If they speak up ,they are guilty. And if they sue, they are guilty. Nothing pleases anybody, so shutting up is the right thing to do.

I honestly think most people don't even care about the alledged mistress, they want to know a couple easy questions to answer.

#1. Did you & Elin have a fight?
#2. Did she cause the facial lacerations?
#3. Did she bash in your windows during your escape?

Dyna - I think you want to know. I don't. It's none of my business.

Back