The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I honestly think most people don't even care about the alledged mistress, they want to know a couple easy questions to answer.

#1. Did you & Elin have a fight?
#2. Did she cause the facial lacerations?
#3. Did she bash in your windows during your escape?

The fact is if the answers are not to your liking, then you will accuse it of PR spin. So there is no reason to answer them.

Dyna - I think you want to know. I don't. It's none of my business.

Yes I would like to know. Not many celebrities I give a crap about. Most of them could blow their wives heads off & then shoot themselves & I would just yawn. I like Tiger & enjoy watching him play golf. Do I like the way he acts towards his fans? No. Do I like the somewhat pretentious air that he presents at times? No. On the course he has no equals, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have to answer questions from his sponsors & fans. They are reason he has made so much $$$$$$. To act as if none of them matter & he will do as he pleases is being pretentious.

The fact is if the answers are not to your liking, then you will accuse it of PR spin. So there is no reason to answer them.

Give a plausible excuse/reason as to why he hit the fire hydrant & tree. Why he was unconcious given the low rate of speed, & yet no blood in the vehicle. Why both windows broken out? Even something as simple as where were you headed at 2:30am? Instead we get nothing which is going to do nothing but raise suspicions.

Texting while driving while you were tired.

And again, like I said, if he answered your questions and they werent the answers you want, nothing changes. So why speak. You have your mind made up. Have for a while. So the smart thing is to not speak.

Perhaps Elin wants to caddy for him some day, and she was learning how to "club him". :banana:

My apologies if some one had already thought of that one. :clapp:

Those who want to know the answers to the questions I have to ask that if you and your spouse have had a big blowout, would you want to announce it to the world or want some level of privacy. Regardless of the public persona and the money he has made from sponsors and fans, he produced a product that they gladly paid to see, so whey should feel we have a right to we pry into his family and his personal life. As we respect what he has done for golf and his philanthropic endeavors we should also respect the privacy he has asked for during this period.

Those who want to know the answers to the questions I have to ask that if you and your spouse have had a big blowout, would you want to announce it to the world or want some level of privacy. Regardless of the public persona and the money he has made from sponsors and fans, he produced a product that they gladly paid to see, so whey should feel we have a right to we pry into his family and his personal life. As we respect what he has done for golf and his philanthropic endeavors we should also respect the privacy he has asked for during this period.

There is a valid comparison to Phil Mickelson. Phil this year announced his wife's and later his mother's breast cancer battles. I know the press has itched to know what treatments and results each endured (Mastectomy? lumpectomy? radiation? baldness? chemo?). But Phil was totally mum on the subject except to say things were going well, and he was never pressed for more that I was aware of. I wish Tiger would get that treatment over this personal matter.

In my memory, the only things that go away quickly are the ones that are addressed quickly and with candor. Leaving this to speculation is only going to fuel the fire. I think Tiger has every right to his privacy if that is what he wants, but I believe he would be better served if he just told the true story. Once that is out, it becomes old news quickly and the press vultures fly off to chase the next mystery. I understand that if it were me and my wife, no one would really care, but once you decide to cross the line into the limelight, you have to be aware that much of your life is no longer your own.

I am not sure the Phil analogy works. If Elin were in Phil's wife's situation, the press might cut them some slack. If Phil were in Tiger's situation, I believe the press would be just as relentless.

In my memory, the only things that go away quickly are the ones that are addressed quickly and with candor./QUOTE]

Normally I would agree, but: (a) this is a relatively small matter assuming the allegations of an affair are untrue; and (b) Tiger is one of the few celebrities with enough control over his private life to cut off the blood supply to the story. After this week, he could essentially disappear until April.

Even then, we've seen before how he takes control of a press conference (e.g., Stevie Williams comments about Phil) and shuts it down if it goes somewhere he doesn't want it to. And the PGA will support him.

Just wanted to throw my two cents in and that is all it is worth.

1) The Enquirer has been very accurate when reporting news on celebrities. They rarely error when releasing that news as they would surely lose a fortune. This of course excludes the silly weight stories and partying stories and such, but when it comes to infidelity and celebrity they are usually dead on. They stand to lose a mint if they report something which they have no proof therefore they are very careful in doing so. (Can't believe I am defending the Enquirer)

2) I honestly do not care what went on in his home. We all have our relationship issues. I watch Tiger because he is a great golfer. His personal life is none of my concern. Once I learned that he was not seriously hurt as originally reported I moved on with my life and pretty much quit reading. I will not judge him any differently than I have before this mess happened. I have known to many pro athletes and read enough stories that I put zero stock in most of them as people (there can be and are exceptions of course). They tend to not be the perfect individuals that we are sold. If I knew when I was a kid idolizing athletes I would have been horribly let down.

Are you kidding me?:
John Daly urges Tiger Woods to come clean - PGA Tour Coverage | Golf Channel

John Daly urges Tiger Woods to come clean
By Associated Press
Posted: November 30, 2009

SYDNEY, Australia – John Daly has urged Tiger Woods to be open and end speculation over his late night car crash.

Daly had told reporters In Australia he didn’t want to know the details of Woods’ accident outside his Florida home, but in a fresh statement Tuesday said he should tell his story.

“The thing that Tiger needs to look at is, whatever happened, just tell the truth,” said Daly, who will play the Australian Open at the New South Wales Golf Club from Thursday.

Dual major winner Daly, who has had his share of off-the-course troubles, also called on Woods to attend this week’s Chevron World Golf Challenge, the tournament he hosts annually for a small, invited field.

Woods said Monday his injuries would prevent him playing in the tournament and he would not compete again until next year.

“Hopefully he’ll go out there with his wife and his kids and support … the sponsor of his tournament,” Daly told reporters. “The most important thing right now is for them to be together.”

Daly said he was confident Woods would weather the controversy.

“He’ll get over this. The family will get over it. They’ll move on. Golf needs him,” he said.

“I hate for something like that to happen to anybody. I just want him and his wife and kids to be happy and for him to keep pursuing the goals that he had.”

On Monday Daly said he hoped Woods made a swift recovery for the sake of the sport.

“Tiger’s the biggest asset the tour’s had in a long, long time,” he said. “Whatever happened, as long as he’s OK that’s all that matters. Golf needs him badly … no doubt.”

pot_calls_kettle_black.bmp

Any idea why FHP is handling this and not local law enforcement or county sheriff?

Any idea why FHP is handling this and not local law enforcement or county sheriff?

I would say it's probably same as here in Alabama, The Alabama State Troopers do an investigation of all accidents even though local or county may have worked accident. The state decides if the driver looses his/her driving privileges not the locals.

I would say it's probably same as here in Alabama, The Alabama State Troopers do an investigation of all accidents even though local or county may have worked accident. The state decides if the driver looses his/her driving privileges not the locals.

That's probably true. I guess that's the way it happens here in Ohio too.

I read the National Enquire where the Tiger affair first aired and I was more curious about the woman who gave birth to an extraterrestrial with two heads.

I believe Tiger is innocent of alleged affair but if he isn't, after seeing pictures of Rachel Uchitel, that one night of pleasure was worth every cent of the 500 million dollars he could lose in a divorce.

Last edited:
Ted! Where ya been?

Ted! Where ya been?

Golfing.

Tiger's big concern right now is getting a traffic citation of $164 and 4 points on his driving record which will raise his insurance rate.

Tiger's big concern right now is getting a traffic citation of $164 and 4 points on his driving record which will raise his insurance rate.
:D :D :D :D

Who could imagine a day that John Daly would be the one urging Tiger to just tell the truth. LMAO

It must have been that fire plug collision that warranted the citation. He has hit trees before while driving.............:comp:

Again my apologies, but this has a circus atmosphere.

I read the National Enquire where the Tiger affair first aired and I was more curious about the woman who gave birth to an extraterrestrial with two heads.

I believe Tiger is innocent of alleged affair but if he isn't, after seeing pictures of Rachel Uchitel, that one night of pleasure was worth every cent of the 500 million dollars he could lose in a divorce.

You must be kidding. meh.

I would think anyone who was involved in a one car accident would have to have a blood test?

Back