The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Hope the plaintiffs have some very good facts on their side otherwise this is absurd.
Facts aren't even needed anymore. It's all about feelings nowadays.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

While I feel for the family, the timing of this with the death taking place in December is very interesting

Sounds like a typical dram shop case. I can't speak to the whole "Tiger was feeding him drinks all the time," part of it, and I'm not sure why it matters. But, typically when a bar over serves someone, and then they go get in a wreck, the bar can be on the hook 'if they knew the person was intoxicated but they kept serving him.'

That's a real general idea of how dram shop liability works. You can also read about it here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dram_shop

~Rock

Sounds like a typical dram shop case. I can't speak to the whole "Tiger was feeding him drinks all the time," part of it, and I'm not sure why it matters. But, typically when a bar over serves someone, and then they go get in a wreck, the bar can be on the hook 'if they knew the person was intoxicated but they kept serving him.'

That's a real general idea of how dram shop liability works. You can also read about it here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dram_shop

~Rock

Yeah, establishments can be liable, but I'm not sure what the theory of liability is for suing Tiger would be if he wasn't the one serving him that day.

Man, they're holding a press conference at the same exact time that Tiger is speaking with the media for the PGA.

What are the odds? Thats such an amazing coincidence!

Yeah, establishments can be liable, but I'm not sure what the theory of liability is for suing Tiger would be if he wasn't the one serving him that day.

Because as the owner of said establishment, he can be held liable.

I'm not sure about that, but I could be wrong. I just took a quick look at the Florida dram shop statute (768.125) and some related decisions, and while it's clear the bar itself may be liable, I saw nothing suggesting owners were liable in their personal capacity (as opposed to their pocket books hurting when their business gets a judgment against it). If Tiger's negligence or recklessness proximately caused this kid to drive drunk that night, then that would be a different story. I'm sure if there are grounds to dismiss Tiger in his personal capacity, his lawyers will file such a motion.

I think its amazing how everyone looks to place blame on anyone they can for the actions of an individual who was irresponsible. I have family in the bar business and honestly its ridiculous just how liable an owner has to be for the actions of everyone. Liquor license which is a huge amount of money around here (like life savings and more amount of money) is constantly at risk and Its also why insurance is through the roof.

For the record, Tiger shot a 38 on the front nine in round 1 of the 2007 PGA Championship, too. We all know where he ended up on Sunday. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings!

I’m sure the restaurant is a properly incorporated corporation. The reason corporations exist is to shield people from personal liability. Unless there’s something funky with Florida law going after him personally is a Hail Mary lawyering tactic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I have a Tiger observation....

When he first came back (this time) I remember him having the highest recorded ball speed off driver of the season at that point. I’m thinking it was at Torrey and it was 188. I could be off on that but I do remember him having the highest recorded speed on the season at that point. I remember seeing a couple of the classic Tiger recoils when he’d absolutely mash the hell out of one.

His driver is now in the mid to upper 160’s ball speed pretty consistently. He’s not a long hitter by tour standards anymore. It’s not like he’s an accurate driver. Should we be talking about the loss of 20mph of ball speed more? Is there more to it than him just trying to find the FW? I’m aging too so I get that there isn’t as much in the tank anymore. But 20 mph of ball speed is a lot in a year and a half.

I haven’t seen a truly aggressive driver swing from him in a while. Does he still have it, or is it gone for good? Is he better in the upper 160’s or does he give himself a better chance to win (since he can’t seem to find a freaking FW ever anyways), by just hitting the living hell out of it and giving himself shorter distances in?

For me, generally I’m better off just hitting it as hard as I can and playing it from whatever I find it in. There are exceptions to that, but 168 vs 188 ball speed is a huge difference. Particularly when you can’t hit the FW either way.

For the record, Tiger shot a 38 on the front nine in round 1 of the 2007 PGA Championship, too. We all know where he ended up on Sunday. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings!

She warning up her pipes. Needs a 30 footer to maybe make the cut. Ugh.

She warning up her pipes. Needs a 30 footer to maybe make the cut. Ugh.
Yeah, hard to believe how that went down. Koepka is a beast. Wouldn't mind seeing Speith finish up the slam.

Last edited:
I predicted that if he just won one more major, it would be at Augusta. That COULD have been his swansong...though only time will tell.

Smallest field - course he knows - course he's won on many times. If he was to win one more, it was going to be at Augusta.

I don't think this is a huge surprise but Tiger officially has committed to the Memorial next weekend

I don't think this is a huge surprise but Tiger officially has committed to the Memorial next weekend

It's about time...

Nice Top 10 and impressive Sunday.

Tonight at 9 The Tiger Woods Project on Golf Channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In golf one gets better skills over time, Tiger not only should get back to were he was, but also improve on those skills (yips gone brandon!)

LOL..:

"Last week, Hank Haney was suspended from his radio show on SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio for comments made when asked to pick a winner of the US Women's Open, and he has today snapped back at Tiger Woods after the 15-time major champion declared that Haney had "got what he deserved."
"On his social media account, Haney took aim at Woods, where he stated"

"Amazing how @TigerWoods has become the moral authority on issues pertaining to women. I spent 6 great years coaching Tiger, and not one time did he ever hear me utter one sexist or racist word. Now in addition to being a 15 time major champion, I guess he thinks he's also a mind reader? #glasshouses"

Pretty cool!

Should have never tampered with it. Probably would have won 3-5 more majors.

Did Jack have a "swing coach"? I guess Jack Grout?

Should have never tampered with it. Probably would have won 3-5 more majors.

Did Jack have a "swing coach"? I guess Jack Grout?

Jack Grout?

For his entire career? And how much of a teacher was he to Jack? Was he at every tournament, or just see him once in a while.

Back