2019 BMW Championship: The FedEx Cup Continues

DataDude;n8877465 said:
Everyone is starting on hole 1 today. JB Holmes in the first group....

A definitive answer to how long does it take him to play. They teed off at 9:15.

1:22 local teeing off on 17. 2 holes to go 4:07 into the round.

Duffer Waldorf;n8877667 said:
How did they determine starting times this week? There's no way that wasn't on purpose after all the talk this week.

I was wondering about that myself LOL!

Holmes is done in roughly 4 1/2 hrs. Is that sufficient?

JB's done at 1:51 local time.

That is a 4:36 round for a threesome with no one in front of them. I guess that's not long enough to incur a penalty, but I bet there are a lot of threesomes on tour who could finish under the 4 hour mark.

DataDude;n8877778 said:

That is a 4:36 round for a threesome with no one in front of them. I guess that's not long enough to incur a penalty, but I bet there are a lot of threesomes on tour who could finish under the 4 hour mark.

With no one in front, that's exactly 26 minutes slower than my course tolerates for a weekend foursome.

I'd have called the pro shop on him today lmao

Duffer Waldorf;n8877776 said:
Holmes is done in roughly 4 1/2 hrs. Is that sufficient?

With nothing to slow him down but himself I don't know. Eddie Pepperell and Jeff Knox finished a twosome at The Masters on Saturday this year in 3:15.

DataDude;n8877778 said:

With no one in front of him that’s still slow, but by the rules that time will help his “average” and not incur any stink eyes for playing slow

Golf Channel streaming is struggling so far today.

DataDude;n8877786 said:
With nothing to slow him down but himself I don't know. Eddie Pepperell and Jeff Knox finished a twosome at The Masters on Saturday this year in 3:15.

Not to make a determination of speed objectively, but if you're playing with Jeff Knox at Augusta, you're not in contention, so most players are enjoying the course/ride rather than grinding over every 6-footer.

Four and a half hours is slow with no one to stop you, but as it stands right now Holmes is in contention. I would hesitate to compare Saturday with a marker at Augusta with a truly competitive round, even an opening round.

Good to see Jason CoatRack post 7 under, tied for the lead after the 1st day. And Tiger played better as he beat 9 guys today with his 1 under 71.

1e86b2d5bec445c5cb5ab2784109a525.jpg

This was my first position of the day. Spent the whole day Marshalling around the 13th green. JB Holmes was in the first group through and was closest to the pin, within 1 foot. CH3 made a hole in one yesterday during the pro-am. There were probably less then 6 birdies on the 13th hole today.

Today we have Ryan Moore, Jason Day, and Adam Hadwin in the opening slot at 9:15 local. Let's see how long they take to play 18 holes.

Tiger can’t get a put to drop. Roller coaster round continues.

Canadan;n8878531 said:
He's definitely treading water out there.

Tiger is rough on the heart lol. I want to see him back competing so bad.

On another note, Spieth cannot find any consistency it is crazy that this issue has lasted as long as it has for him.

DataDude;n8878391 said:
Today we have Ryan Moore, Jason Day, and Adam Hadwin in the opening slot at 9:15 local. Let's see how long they take to play 18 holes.

12:20 local time 3:05 into the round they are teeing off on 13. I think this is slower than JB's group yesterday and tour players often site Jason Day as the slowest player on tour.

DataDude;n8878546 said:
12:20 local time 3:05 into the round they are teeing off on 13. I think this is slower than JB's group yesterday and tour players often site Jason Day as the slowest player on tour.

1:15 local, 4 hours in they are on the fairway hitting approach into 16.

DataDude;n8878603 said:
1:15 local, 4 hours in they are on the fairway hitting approach into 16.

Finished at 1:49 local time for a round in 4:34 slightly above a 15 minute per hole pace and 2 minutes faster than JB's group yesterday.

Rose having some issues with these par 3's

Back