2019 BMW Championship: The FedEx Cup Continues

Odd question, but what is JT wearing on his right hand. Not usually the norm for a right hander to wear a watch on that hand, and in ads, etc. I have seen a watch on the left hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching Potson play 18 was heart breaking. Dude needed a par to get to next week and now he's sweating it out.

ALso whats up with the leaders getting shots next week? i don't remember the #1 guy last week going in at -10 last year.

mikeg_74;n8879948 said:
Watching Potson play 18 was heart breaking. Dude needed a par to get to next week and now he's sweating it out.

ALso whats up with the leaders getting shots next week? i don't remember the #1 guy last week going in at -10 last year.

https://www.pgatour.com/tour-insider/2019/08/07/new-tour-championship-format-aims-provide-excitement-fedexcup-playoffs-east-lake-golf-club.html

In the past, a points system determined the FedExCup, with those starting at the back of the pack not only needing to win at East Lake, but also have other players finish at the back end of the leaderboard. Now, the equation is simple for all – make up your deficit to those above you on the scoreboard.

The FedExCup leader heading to the TOUR Championship will start at 10-under, second place at 8-under, third 7-under, fourth 6-under and fifth at 5-under. Players ranked 6-10 will start at 4-under, 11-15 at 3-under, 16-20 at 2-under, 21-25 at 1-under and 26-30 at even par.

If you applied this new format to the last 10 years, only one FedExCup champion would have definitely changed, and another would have needed a playoff to come out on top, but this doesn’t tell the whole story. It’s comparing apples to oranges. Now, the mindset is completely different. Some guys play better chasing. Some are great at protecting leads. Everything changes.

“I would feel better going in at a 10-shot deficit for four days than going in 30th place in the FedExCup the way it was before,” 2015 FedExCup champion Jordan Spieth said.

“I know that historically the percentage chances say it's the same, but I'm telling you, if you're playing East Lake a little bit conservative like you're holding the lead from day one… (it could get tough). I've got a feeling East Lake will be a bunched leaderboard this year.
https://www.pgatour.com/tour-inside...nt-fedexcup-playoffs-east-lake-golf-club.html
https://www.pgatour.com/tour-inside...nt-fedexcup-playoffs-east-lake-golf-club.html

Lucas Glover making the field in Eastlake means his wife won't beat him for missing a cut.

Molten;n8879987 said:
Hahaha I forgot about that

i thin i spoke too soon. his just put up a double and is on the bubble now! lol

Adam Scott is correct. These courses are too easy and the tour has become boring.

jlew2144;n8879937 said:
Boder making a cameo

Thanks for the shout out! I got lucky and hit the rotation at our hole just right.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1566168238.8971.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1566168238.8971.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1566168239.1336.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1566168239.1336.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 0
Back