Collapse

Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly have no idea. I will say with the majors being wrapped up my interest level goes way down. Golf in general this year has been a let down outside of Tiger winning the Masters and I can't really pinpoint why. I usually watch at work on Thur/Fri then catch the finish on Sun but this year I don't think I used my PGA live subscription more than a handful of times.
    F9 - THCE "The One"
    F9 fwy 3/4, 5/6 - Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70s
    King F9 4i - KBS C-Taper Lite
    King Forged CB/MB Flow Set 5-GW - Nippon Modus 3 105X
    King Black Wedges 54V, 58WL

Newport 2

Comment

My pick is to make the Tour Championship a major. Make finishing in the top 10 or 20 in any of the other majors a prerequisite for qualification. The points system sucks.

~Peter

Comment

I like seeing the comments here for match play. I thought I was the only one who liked that format.

DG_1234, I don't see the disrespect to the PGA. If anything, I was more excited for it this year.
        C130 bag & 3.5+
        M5 440 9 w/ HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 @ 45.5"
        Epic Flash SZ 3wd w/ Rogue Max 85X @ 42.5"
        M4 5wd w/ HZRDUS Black 6.0 @ 42"
        Dynacraft Genesis 4h w/ LZ 6.0
        Dynacraft Prophet MB 5-PW w/ LZ 6.0
        Titleist Vokey SM6 52F, 56F, 60L w/ Modus3 125 wedge shafts
        Stroke Lab Marxman @ 33" w/ Flatso 3.0
        Tour Velvet & Snell MTB or ChromeSoft X
        ---
        SLDR 3h w/ HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.0
        VS Proto 70X @ 44.25"
        HZRDUS Black 75g, 6.0 @ 44.5"
        AccuFLEX Evolution R @ 44.5"
        Wishon 550c 5-6 & 550m 7-PW w/ Modus3 Tour 120 stiff shafts

Comment

Instead of having the Tournament of Champions in January, which is now in the middle of the wrap-around season and is really meaningless, have it at the end of the season (end of August) in place of the FedEx Cup. Some of the winners don't even go to Hawaii for the tournament as it stands now. Have the tournament winners for the year play for the same $10M as an additional benefit of having won on tour and truly have a Champion of the Champions!
          Proud Member of Team THP - 2018 Grandaddy with Callaway

In my Alpha Convoy 514 Cart Bag:

Driver: Epic Flash 10.5 (+1/D) - EvenFlow Green Shaft 45g 5.5
          FWs: 3W (+1/N) Epic Flash* - 5W (S/N) Epic Flash - EvenFlow Green Shaft 45g 5.5
          Hybrid: Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) - Recoil 760 Shaft F2
          Irons: Apex '19 5-AW - Recoil 760 Shafts F2
          Wedges: 52S* /56C MD4 / 60 PM 2.0 Grind* - all w/ Recoil 460 Shafts F2
          Putter: Stroke Lab Double Wide or Toulon Portland
          Ball: ERC Soft or Chrome Soft
          * Interchangeable - I carry 2 out of the three

Comment

Go straight to the Tour Championship. The season has been completed, players have earned there positions over the 40+ week season. Expand the field and have the top 50 compete for one last big payoff.

All roads lead to the Grandaddy!!!

Comment

I'd hire SlightDraw to come up with something crazy and creative.
              The #SweaterWar got me into The 2018 Grandaddy!!!

#100Birdies10kLaughs #TheGrandaddy

Driver: Epic Flash 10.5* w/ EF Green 55 S flex
              3-wood:
              Epic Flash w/ EF Green 65 S flex
              Hybrids / Irons:
              Apex 19
              3h/4h w/ Catalyst 70 S flex and 5i-AW w/ Catalyst 80 S flex graphite
              Wedges:
              54* MD4, 58* PM Grind 2.0
              Putter:
              Stroke Lab Three
              Ball: Chrome Soft Truvis (y&b)

Comment

Originally posted by shanewu View Post
                I'd hire SlightDraw to come up with something crazy and creative.
                I like the March Madness type bracket thing I saw earlier in the thread. 128 Golfers, single elimination.
                Epic Flash SZ
                Epic Flash 3W
                Big Bertha 4H
                CF16 - Recoils
                MD4 (50,54,58)
                PM GRIND 19
                Toulon PDX
                Truvis

Comment

Originally posted by OGputtnfool View Post
                  DG_1234, I don't see the disrespect to the PGA. If anything, I was more excited for it this year.
                  For decades the PGA enjoyed the distinction of being "the year's final Major". Also, the break between the Masters and US Open gave players welcome time to prepare for the US Open . Finally, the August PGA essentially extended the season for players as well as spectators.
                  The Tour forcing the PGA of America to move its Major (the PGA Championship) from August to May, has resulted in much being lost, but nothing gained.
                  As much as the PGA Tour would like it's money grab ideas (President's Cup and FedEX Playoffs) to gain traction among players and spectators, it's not going to happen. Four Majors is enough to get the attention each year of players and fans; trying for more than that rings hollow.

Driver: Ping G400 LST Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6S
                  Fairway metals: Cleveland Launcher HB 15* Miyazaki C.Kua 5S
                  Hybrid: Cleveland Launcher HB 19* Miyazaki C.Kua 6S
                  Irons: Ping G700 4-SW Project X LZ 5.5
                  Wedge: Ping G400 58* LW Project X LZ 5.5
                  Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 w/ putter grip

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

Do you think it is the schedule or more the year? Post Masters was tough this year with Tiger missing cuts and not playing. Did you have interest in the Open? Or was it already gone at that point? Because next year with the Olympics it gets even more challenging.
                    ddec and I talked a bit about this weekend, as I feel the same way.

I think some of the "big" tournaments that weren't the majors just didn't have the same feeling they did as in previous years. The WGC after the Open might as well have been the Safeway to me this year. I'm not sure how I feel about the new spot for the Players either. That didn't seem to garner the same interest from me it usually does.

It'll be interesting to see how I feel next year. Like you said, maybe it's the year more than the schedule. But I think it's at least playing a part.
                    Proud member of Team THP in the 2018 Granddaddy with

Driver: Epic Flash With Custom HZRDUS Smoke
                    Fairway: Epic Flash with Tensei Blue 75
                    Hybrids: '19 Apex 3h and 4h with Catalyst 70
                    Irons: Apex Forged 5-PW w/ Elevate 95
                    Wedges: MD4 48-54-58 w/ Modus 105
                    Putter: Stroke Lab Three
                    Ball: Chrome Soft X

Thanks to PX and THP for an incredible Handcrafted Experience!

Comment

Originally posted by DG_1234 View Post

For decades the PGA enjoyed the distinction of being "the year's final Major". Also, the break between the Masters and US Open gave players welcome time to prepare for the US Open . Finally, the August PGA essentially extended the season for players as well as spectators.
                      The Tour forcing the PGA of America to move its Major (the PGA Championship) from August to May, has resulted in much being lost, but nothing gained.
                      As much as the PGA Tour would like it's money grab ideas (President's Cup and FedEX Playoffs) to gain traction among players and spectators, it's not going to happen. Four Majors is enough to get the attention each year of players and fans; trying for more than that rings hollow.
                      I hear ya, but I can't be the only person in the world that was more into the PGA this year than years past. Before, it was like... oh, yeah, we still have the PGA to play. This year, it was, ok, The Masters is done, bring on the PGA!
                      C130 bag & 3.5+
                      M5 440 9 w/ HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 @ 45.5"
                      Epic Flash SZ 3wd w/ Rogue Max 85X @ 42.5"
                      M4 5wd w/ HZRDUS Black 6.0 @ 42"
                      Dynacraft Genesis 4h w/ LZ 6.0
                      Dynacraft Prophet MB 5-PW w/ LZ 6.0
                      Titleist Vokey SM6 52F, 56F, 60L w/ Modus3 125 wedge shafts
                      Stroke Lab Marxman @ 33" w/ Flatso 3.0
                      Tour Velvet & Snell MTB or ChromeSoft X
                      ---
                      SLDR 3h w/ HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.0
                      VS Proto 70X @ 44.25"
                      HZRDUS Black 75g, 6.0 @ 44.5"
                      AccuFLEX Evolution R @ 44.5"
                      Wishon 550c 5-6 & 550m 7-PW w/ Modus3 Tour 120 stiff shafts

Comment

I would scrap them and apologize to fans for wasting their time for the last few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        ---------------------------------------
                        DRIVER: XR 16 10.5* (N +2*) with Hand Crafted shaft with #FiberLaunch technology #THCE
                        FAIRWAY: Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood stiff
                        HYBRIDS: 2017 M2 4&5 hybrids regular
                        IRONS: P790 with Recoils with smacwrap 760 es F3
                        WEDGES: SM7 54 S grind & 58 D grind
                        PUTTER: O works #1WS black edition
                        BALL: SNELL MTB Red in Optic Yellowy

Comment

Match Play format for at least the last week (prefer the last two) and I'm in. People can talk about what if Chez Reavie & (insert some other journeyman here) make it to the final but how is that fundamentally different than Patrick Reed playing like bleep most of the year but then going from #50 to #2 in one week. Or Bill Haas going from 25th to first in the last week.

Match play is not a contrived form of competition built on some mathematical equation solely intended to tilt the odds in way that prevent two different people from winning the Tour Championship & the Fed Ex Cup. Match play would require the champion to achieve 5-6 wins in a row against some of the best players in the game. I stopped really caring about the Fed Ex cup several years ago because it is basically a made for TV event with (IMO) little competitive credibility. I will watch way more of the US Am this weekend than I will the Fed Ex Cup.

Was Texas Tech making the Final game this year really that detrimental to the NCAA? What about the year UConn won and Butler & VCU made the Final Four? So what if a certain % of bandwagon fans tune out the years Duke, Kansas & MI State get upset. The brand is still relevant because real basketball fans embrace the underdogs and embrace the competitive purity that is March Madness.
                          Sometimes I wrestle with my golf demons and sometimes we just snuggle.

Comment

They need to stop complicating it, it was 4 events, now its 3 events, now there is some weird way of scoring the tour championship giving guys a score to start with, it's only 30 players all PGA pro's that played pretty well to get there, no one needs a head start, also how can they call it playoff when people missed the cut or WD'd last week yet are still playing in the playoffs? If you have to create an entire web page at pgatour.com to explain the "playoff" you may have over complicated it

Forget the "Playoffs" and just do normal full field events w/ the top 30 FedEx point leaders going to the Tour Championship, maybe even expand it to the top 50 & let them battle it out for the Fedex Cup, no head starts everyone starts at even. Last year Phil finished 30th and still won $144k Plus FedEx Bonus pool money, so it's worth while to show up, even if you know you cannot win the Cup.

By The Way if you finish 150th on the money list you still get a $70k bonus from the FedEx Bonus pool, tour player's get paid even if they are home watching on TV.
                            9* GBB Epic SZ w/ Speeder Evo II 665 Graphite
                            Callaway Alpha 815 14* (+2*) FW w/Speeder
                            Callaway Alpha 815 Hybrid 18*(+1) w/Speeder
                            Callaway X2Hot Pro Irons 4-PW/Project X 6.0 Shafts
                            Callaway Forged Copper 56* SW-Callaway MackDaddy2 50*/60*
                            Putter: 38" Works Versa Tank Sabertooth w/ Superstroke

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X