President Cup captain's picks? Does Tiger pick himself?

Tee/Ski

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Title says it all: Two questions.

1. Does Tiger pick himself? Does he currently have the game?

2. Overall who do you think the four Captain's picks will be?

I don't think he will pick himself.

I don’t think so, and I don’t want him to

Hard to imagine The Masters champ not being on the team right? Same goes for the US Open champ.

So I'll say he picks Woodland, Fowler, Woods, and Finau.

There are some names out there that didn't qualify that will be interesting to see what happens. Spieth(no F'n chance), Reed(I can see him getting on if Woods doesn't play), Mickelson(would be his first missed team squad since 1878). My somewhat outside the box/longshot pick selection would be Charles Howell III.

I don't thin so, I don't think he likes playing golf anymore!!!

I certainly hope he doesn't pick himself, I am sure he will get enough camera time without it being for losing a match

hope he picks Finau, Reed, Fowler and Phil

anyone want to add to the conversation and answer the 2nd part of the OP?

1) I don't think he will pick himself. Think he will focus on being the captain.

2) Fowler, Finau, Reed, and Spieth. Last man out is Woodland. Just my guess.

ddec;n8883090 said:
Hard to imagine The Masters champ not being on the team right? Same goes for the US Open champ.

So I'll say he picks Woodland, Fowler, Woods, and Finau.

There are some names out there that didn't qualify that will be interesting to see what happens. Spieth(no F'n chance), Reed(I can see him getting on if Woods doesn't play), Mickelson(would be his first missed team squad since 1878). My somewhat outside the box/longshot pick selection would be Charles Howell III.

I think the hardest one to leave out would be Kisner. I mean its a match play event and he won the match play and all the guys on the team love him.

Tiger has way too good of a public image to uphold to choose himself. I can't think for a second he will pick himself and he doesn't deserve to be picked.

I hope he picks Woodland and Fowler

no chance. he has an ego, but i don't think he would make this exhibition match about him. and if he picked himself, it would absolutely be about him.

Lions81;n8883163 said:
I think the hardest one to leave out would be Kisner. I mean its a match play event and he won the match play and all the guys on the team love him.

yeah Kis is one that would be a good pick and I loved watching him in the last PC.

BTW here is why I think Tiger could pick himself and be fine with it. The format is a bit different than the RC. 5 matches Thursday, 5 matches Friday, and then 8 matches Saturday(two sessions of 4 matches each). It's not unthinkable for him to play golf Thursday and/or Friday, sit in the captain's chair all day Saturday, and then go out for a singles match on Sunday. Tiger has the 2nd most matches won in the PC(24 to Phil's 26) with 4 less events played than Phil. For what people complain about him not being in the RC, he is in the PC.

I don't think he will

He better not pick Phil. Phil has been terrible this whole season with the exception of his social media. I think he picks Kisner, Fowler, Finau and Reed

jdtox;n8883326 said:
I don't think he will

He better not pick Phil. Phil has been terrible this whole season with the exception of his social media. I think he picks Kisner, Fowler, Finau and Reed

Do you think it will cause an uproar if he doesn't? I don't think Phil should have been picked for last years RC team, but I'm a believer that there was some pressure to make it happen. If he doesn't pick him, does Phil become an assistant?

Tee/Ski;n8882976 said:
1. Does Tiger pick himself?

The PGA Tour owns the President's Cup and I expect the Tour administration will ask Tiger to make himself a Captain's pick. The Tour wants money and Tiger playing makes a huge difference to event ticket sales and t.v. viewing numbers.

ddec;n8883333 said:
Do you think it will cause an uproar if he doesn't? I don't think Phil should have been picked for last years RC team, but I'm a believer that there was some pressure to make it happen. If he doesn't pick him, does Phil become an assistant?

Maybe. I would have no issue with Phil being an assistant but I just don't he's playing well enough this year to be a captains pick. Unless...its like the all-star game and is just a popularity contest, then Spieth has a chance too and I don't think he should be a pick either even though he's playing much better as of late

No. Tiger won't pick himself

I'd go Finau, Woodland, Reed & Kisner but I think he is very likely to go Fowler or maybe even Spieth over Kisner.

I hope he doesn't pick himself.

As for the picks - I don't know for sure, but I hope Spieth is included. I know he hasnt' had the game lately, but he seems to have the experience needed.

I don't think he picks himself. I think he goes with Reed, Kisner, Fowler and Finau. I think he gets Phil to be an assistant captain.

Tiger should not pick himself and I doubt he will his body cannot seem to hold up.

Tiger should not even think about picking himself, and shouldn't let anyone pressure him into it.

So many ways to go with the picks, maybe Kisner, Fowler, Finau, and Woodland

Phil for AssCap, kind of has a ring to it, don't you think?

1. I personally hope he doesn't I am of the belief that as a captain, the only way to be on the team is if you play your way on, not by picking yourself

2. Tony, Kisner, Spieth, and Pat perez (because why the eff not haha)

I think Tiger definitely deserves to be on the team and would not be surprised to see him pick himself.

I hope he doesn’t though, because then that would leave a spot on the team for Kisner. Would love to see the Kiz get a pick.

I don’t think he should or will. His presence alone is a draw, and his role will keep him occupied enough. No need to add extra stress to his body.

If I were picking, I’d go straight down the list on the standings - Finau, Woodland, Fowler, and Reed.

No way he picks himself after the last month of poor performance and health problems. He won the Masters but he doesn't deserve a spot with his health being iffy day to day and his play being pretty mediocre. Lots of players are peaking right now and are more likely to perform.

Tiger needs to go rest and get ready for the Masters and the rest of the majors. It's what really matters anyway. No one is going to remember or care who wins the president's cup but they will if he bags more majors

Back