Thomas has some of that Koepka money

oumagic

‘24 NFL Experience at Ballyhack
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 11.2
Maybe it was already discussed in the tournament thread, but who else saw the stuff about Justin Thomas and Brooks Koepka betting on hole-outs? I thought it was cool. Justin Thomas is playing for millions of dollars, but when he holes out, the first thing he can think about and says to his caddy is, "I got some of that Brooks Koepka money." Isn't that classic?! It got me thinking about my own game and loving the competition. We only play for small amounts and the other day I cleaned up and told my wife that I had a great day and my buddy didn't and I took all of his money. She was concerned until I told her it was like $7. She doesn't understand why we gamble on the course and is worried that it will cause issues between me and my friend. What would cause an issue is me telling him we were no longer betting at the course! I haven't always liked gambling on the course, but I do think it adds a little something. To me, the key is for it not to be uncomfortable amounts of money for anyone. TAre there people here that hate gambling or love gambling? I don't know why it is so much fun winning a $1 from a friend.

On a side note, I also HATE keeping track of the betting games and would rather not bet if I am in charge of keeping dots for sandies, greenies, stonies, etc.

Back