Favourite NON major?

thommo.sx

Frosty treacherous wretch
Reaction score
Handicap
We all generally have a favourite major, but are there any of the other normal tour events that you always enjoy watching above others? Just for the purposes of this discussion, let's omit the 4 majors, the Tour Championship and the DP World Tour Championships, as those two are cut down fields and culminations of a season rather than standard tour events.

Every year I look forward to the Dunhill Links challenge, as I enjoy that the field is often scrambled until late Saturday due to the order they play the 3 courses, and the weather on those days. On the PGA, the Mexico at Chapultepec has been pretty outstanding as a venue.

What say you? Any faves or quirky reasons for following one normal tour event over another?

I love the waste management stop. That one is just such a fun venue and gives the guys a chance to have a lot of fun with the crowd.

I love Arnold Palmers tournament.

Waste Management is always fun. I like the PR Open because I usually get to hang out a day or two, but on TV it's not a particularly fun tournament.

Scottish Open. It is always a great tournament to watch to get the juices really flowing for The Open Championship. Field is always very strong as well.

Dell Matchplay!

Its the John Deere for me. Its a great course and is not far from where I grew up.

Sox_Fan;n8886667 said:
Scottish Open. It is always a great tournament to watch to get the juices really flowing for The Open Championship. Field is always very strong as well.

If I had time pick one, it would be the Scottish Open as well. But, basically there’s four majors, and everything else is mostly filler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tough one, probably the Honda Classic if I had to pick, but I really like Arnie's Tourney too.

the players is always a good one

dazeedmonds;n8886606 said:
I love the waste management stop. That one is just such a fun venue and gives the guys a chance to have a lot of fun with the crowd.

Same here. It's something different from the typical week.

St Jude classic

For me, it's the Dell Matchplay because I am watching it in person. Even on TV, it's much more enjoyable because I know all the holes and can relate to the shots much better.

That's probably #1 for making me interested, knowing the course - especially from seeing it in person. Unfortunately, that's currently a pretty short list for me.

For me it's more about the courses than it is the tournament. I love watching the pros play at Riviera. Travelers Championship is the local and sentimental choice too because it was the first tournament I ever attended, and have been able to play that course.

MonroeBob1955;n8886719 said:
If I had time pick one, it would be the Scottish Open as well. But, basically there’s four majors, and everything else is mostly filler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My thoughts as well.

I like the Honda. Great course, strong field and a nice March date. Living in the Northeast, March is the month that I begin getting interested in golf.

The Memorial.......just love the look and feel of the course.

Partial to Phoenix Open (waste management open”)

obviously, I live here and it is part of the reason. But I also love the crowds and it being played super bowl weekend

The Players.

chefkritter;n8888018 said:
The Memorial.......just love the look and feel of the course.
Same here.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Back