Phil Mickelson Thread

Phil - Amstel light - "A lot of guys struggle with adult male friendships. I mean not me, I'm Phil Mickelson" .... awesome :LOL: A small table with a candle and this would have been completely over the top.

Ahh Phil.... :LOL:

I swear he went from a few fairly not as many sponsorships or people didn't know about them, to a bunch of different ones towards the tail end of his career. Seems like odd timing

Phil said he won't take an invention to the US Open, he wants to qualify on his own. Hope he can get there. Solid finish last week, back at Pebble this week, could set him up to get back inside the Top 50.

Phil said he won't take an invention to the US Open, he wants to qualify on his own. Hope he can get there. Solid finish last week, back at Pebble this week, could set him up to get back inside the Top 50.
can't finish +8 with the weekend off if you don't go

I'm not a huge Phil fan, but I respect his decision not to take the exemption and try and make it on his own.

I wonder what he does should he NOT qualify?

I'm not a huge Phil fan, but I respect his decision not to take the exemption and try and make it on his own.

I wonder what he does should he NOT qualify?

I love Phil and think he’s great for the game. The pga needs more interesting personalities like him, hope he makes a comeback. Imagine how fun it would be if him and Tiger were top of the leaderboard heading into Sunday in a major this year.

I give him credit for his willingness to not accept a special exemption. I hope he has a good couple of months on the course so that he qualifies by world ranking criteria.

Has Phil wasted all of his money?

He earned a ton of money and it really seems like he needs the Saudi money. He sold his gulf stream and Pat Perez has said he is really stressed recently.

He earned a ton of money and it really seems like he needs the Saudi money. He sold his gulf stream and Pat Perez has said he is really stressed recently.

I doubt, unless he's just looking for more money to open a few more Five Guys burger joints. :) (he has several Five Guys franchises in Orange, County California.) And he has his
Coffee For Wellness, which launched in September 2020. And $400 million to throw around.

I like Phil. He's been a great asset to the game. That being said, for years now Phil has been associated with gambling. I don't know the facts or the truth about his involvement with gambling. But it's out there.

Just saying ...

Not even a chance.

So Phil has lived in Tigers shadow for most of his life. He had a run prior to Tigers arrival but he hadn't lit it up like it had been anticipated. And then he was Mr #2 or 3 as Duval had a little run at Mr #2. Phil has plenty of money. It's not money he is fighting for. It is legacy. And sadly his legacy has now been harmed IMO.

So Phil has lived in Tigers shadow for most of his life. He had a run prior to Tigers arrival but he hadn't lit it up like it had been anticipated. And then he was Mr #2 or 3 as Duval had a little run at Mr #2. Phil has plenty of money. It's not money he is fighting for. It is legacy. And sadly his legacy has now been harmed IMO.
Thats practically all they are talking about on jag radio on xm

Phil was going to accept a huge sum of money from the Saudis purely out of the goodness of heart to help the PGA Tour and its members. A sacrificial lefty lamb, if you will. And now he’s being crucified. What a shame.

Maybe pga didn’t fold to his bluff.

How would any of the Saudi shenanigans enhance his legacy? They are after paydays.

I have been strongly in the Phil fan camp for as long as I have been playing golf. I am incredibly bummed as a fan to see what is coming to light. For sure not as big of a fan as I was before all this Saudi stuff.

How would any of the Saudi shenanigans enhance his legacy? They are after paydays.
My view is Phil was endeavoring to use The situation to leverage PGA and create a union or other benefits for the players. Again, I'm not in Phil's head. He's no dummy. This was never about a play for cash for Phil. IMO

Back